An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Monday Night Football Game

VanHooty

Blargh!

Why, oh why did this have to happen to my family? For those of you who have not read my post in the checking-in section, I'm a Wisconsinite. Which means that, at least in my family, being a Green Bay Packers fan is almost as important as being a Catholic.

Tonight, for those of you who do not know, was the first pre-season Monday Night football game. Now, I myself am not a huge *football* fan. I'm a Packer fan. Yes, there is a difference, and I'll explain it when I understand the difference.

Now, for those of you who did not watch the game, my anger is a result of the fact that the Packers lost. No, I could have handled that. It was that the BLOODY GAME WAS SUSPENDED.

Note: I will calm down eventually.

Beause of a little bit of rain. I can't believe they called the game. Well, actually I can, because the rain was pretty hard. But still. Ugh. Henceforth, I hate the "science" of meteorology. They should do more then predict the weather, they should try and control it. :D

IcePrincessKRS

how about 'em cowboys?

:D

hehe I don't follow football anymore, really, but I used to be a die-hard fan, and the Boys were my team. :D

littleflower+JMJ

hehe I don't follow football anymore, really, but I used to be a die-hard fan, and the Boys were my team. :D

yeah, you mean they use to win!! yeah, we alll liked them then!

but you know what??? Dat Nygen, his a 5'11'' linebacker from a town not to far from me and he plays for the Dallas Cowboys,and i got to see him!!!

and you would NEVER guess where?

AT MASS!! his family (his parents and siblings) sat right in front of him and i shook his hand during peace, geeez, his hhuge!!!!!!

but his Catholic! so i have a reason to still like the cowboys.....

:wub: :wub: :wub:

IcePrincessKRS

No, I like(d) them even when they lose/lost. What I meant is I just don't watch football anymore, I got out of the habit when I went to college because I didn't have the time to devote to it. I meant die hard football fan, not die hard Cowboys fan. lol If I had to choose a team, it would still be the Boys. :)

littleflower+JMJ

yeah, i know what you mean me too! i used to be allinto football, i can watch it and i like it but now i just let the superbowl pass by un-noticed..... :D

How could you *not* watch the Superbowl? I mean... it's a virtual cornucopia of the creativity of a bunch of suits sitting around a conference table trying to decide how to manipulate the general populace.

Of course, I'm talking about the comercials. Why else do you think I'd watch it? :D

Bucs Rock!

The best thing that ever happend to Greenbay and Bucs is the Bucs getting out of their Divison. But the NFC Central used to be the toughest Division in the NFL which helped the Bucs get to the SuperBowl.

But Adam, the game was called for lightning. Tampa Bay is the lightning capitol of the US. It's not something to mess with. It was a good call for a pre-season game. Green Bay has to stay healthy to play the Bucs for the NFC Championship.