An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rosalind Moss - Mother Miriam Of The Lamb Of God

AccountDeleted

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Gemma' post='1536687' date='May 21 2008, 06:26 PM']Annie--start a blog!!! What you wrote about driving the u-haul was priceless!!!

Blessings,
Gemma[/quote]

Gemma, you make me laugh! Actually, from the quotes I got, it is going to be cheaper to have a moving company take everything instead of hiring a truck for a one-way rental. I will still be driving cross country but only with the car now -so the story won't be quite as interesting! :rolleyes:

Ros has someone working on the web site now, but I might start a blog just for fun. After all, it is kind of history in the making, being in at the start of a new community!

AccountDeleted

This is an extract from Ros' letter to potential candidates...

[i]Those who wish to pursue the possibility of a future with the new community, but, for any reason, are not in a position to enter at present – as well as those who may not be able to pursue entrance to the community even in the future – may wish to consider one of four options, each of which is in the process of being formulated:

(1) A one-year program of spiritual formation (in individual or group format)
The program will consist of a study of the life of our Lord, using the new series, Reasons
for Our Hope – A Bible Study on the Gospel of Luke (9 months), guided reading through St. Francis de Sales’ Introduction to the Devout Life (3 months), a program of daily prayer, help toward spiritual growth and direction, and the encouragement of like-minded souls!

(2) Membership in the Third Order of the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Israel’s Hope
A program of prayer and spiritual growth to enable both individuals and families to grow in grace, in the love of God and neighbor, and to know and live God’s will for our lives.

(3) Membership as a Lay Associate of the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Israel’s Hope
An opportunity for those who wish to be part of our support troops through prayer and through the myriad of talents and gifts which our Lord has showered upon His children.

(4) Receipt of our brand new newsletter – yet in the making!
For those who wish simply to keep in touch and to watch our Lord at work in the
building of His new community of Sisters as they walk through the world, in full habit, as “messengers of hope to those who are longing for a sign of God’s mercy.”

If you would like to be included in one or more of the options listed above – or in a way I’ve not yet thought of! – please let me know. We will contact you just as soon as these auxiliary programs are in place.

One note here, to respond to a good number of you who have asked about a fully contemplative branch of the community. While we would love to have such a branch starting out, I have recognized two factors: first, that, of necessity, we must narrow our beginning to the heart of our charism, which is to “flood” the streets with holy habits as signs to God, reaching out to every soul who longs for Him. Second, I am confident that, since we are taking in women of all ages (who, upon entrance, can keep the pace of “walking the streets” twice daily for 1-½ hours at each “outing”), it will not be more than a few years before some of our Sisters will need to spend more time “off their feet!” and in prayer. At that time, a contemplative branch will form somewhat happily and naturally for our Lord’s aging street walkers!

Regarding a time table for the establishment of the community, we are beginning work on the convent in Saint Louis at the end of this month, will move into our new facility at the beginning of July, spend the remainder of the summer getting it into shape, and look to the formal inauguration of the community in September!

Our new website is being put together and should be up and running before too long. The address will be: www.MotherOfIsraelsHope.org. (If you click on that address now, you’ll get a blank page!) If you wish, in the interim, to take a look at the parish of Saint George at which our convent is located, you can see it at: [url="http://www.romeofthewest.com/2006/02/photos-of-saint-georges-church-affton.html"]http://www.romeofthewest.com/2006/02/photo...rch-affton.html[/url].

I look forward to hearing from you, as our Lord leads, and to seeing all that our Blessed Lord has in store. You all are in my prayers.

God’s boundless love and grace to each of you!

Rosalind Moss

P.S. Several of you have mentioned your desire to help with the work of getting the convent into shape over the summer (painting, cleaning, decorating, etc.)! A dear angel, by the name of Judy Capistrant, in the St. Louis area, has volunteered to coordinate our team of volunteers. It would help me greatly if those who wish to help would contact Judy directly via her email at or by phone (for this information – contact Annie at [url="http://mailto:anniemac@calequus.com"]anniemac@calequus.com[/url]). Feel free to let Judy know the area(s) in which you or your group may wish to help. Judy will coordinate all and will let you know the dates and times we’ll be meeting at the convent. See you there; God bless you![/i]

Edited by nunsense

It is so exciting to see this happening so organically and from inception - and I'm so happy for you, too, Annie...but I think that was an excellent suggestion, your starting a blog - you can set one up for free at Blogspot and it would bring this very exciting process open to many others...and who knows how the lord may move them to help, or to prayer, or to making donations!

AccountDeleted

One of the last chances to see and hear Ros before she heads to St Louis will be in Ohio. I don't know if the conference is full or not but the information is on the catholic answers website [url="http://www.catholic.com/seminars/calendar.asp"]here[/url].

The Gift of Faith Weekend Catholic Conference - Rosalind Moss
Barrette Community Center on the Campus of Walsh University
N. Canton, OH

June 07

2020 East Maple Street NW
N. Canton, OH 44720
1-330-966-2903

She will be in St Louis (for all you locals) from June 13th.

Edited by nunsense

[quote name='nunsense' post='1536721' date='May 21 2008, 09:31 PM'](3) Membership as a Lay Associate of the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Israel’s Hope

An opportunity for those who wish to be part of our support troops through prayer and through the myriad of talents and gifts which our Lord has showered upon His children.[/quote]
Would that be open to men, or only women? I think their apostolate is great, to bring Our Lord to the streets. I've wanted to do something like that for a long time. It would be cool if they eventually found a men's order with the same apostolate.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Era Might' post='1537232' date='May 22 2008, 09:37 AM']Would that be open to men, or only women? I think their apostolate is great, to bring Our Lord to the streets. I've wanted to do something like that for a long time. It would be cool if they eventually found a men's order with the same apostolate.[/quote]

I'll ask her, next time we chat. It would be great if men could be involved too!

praying4carmel

Annie,
I am thrilled! I am so Happy for you! Please know that you are in my Prayers...
+
Nancy

HolyHearts

I just tried to contact Annie at the email address given in a previous post and
I got the Wolverhamption Carmel in the UK! Annie can you give us another
address, please? Thanks tons.... Wanted to mention two things to you....

AccountDeleted

[quote name='HolyHearts' post='1537814' date='May 22 2008, 05:22 PM']I just tried to contact Annie at the email address given in a previous post and
I got the Wolverhamption Carmel in the UK! Annie can you give us another
address, please? Thanks tons.... Wanted to mention two things to you....[/quote]

What??? :rolleyes: That must have surprised Mother!

My email address is [email=anniemac@calequus.com]anniemac@calequus.com [/email]

Good news from WV Carmel - Sister Jane (a white veil) is having her final profession on June 1st (black veil). She is so happy. Mother said there will be 8 priests, 1 deacon and 3 servers at the ceremony! So please remember Sister Jane of the Trinity in your prayers on her special day! :pray:

Edited by nunsense

Chiquitunga

This has probably been posted, but here's Rosalind on The Journey Home talking a little about her conversion and the founding of this new community, [url="http://www.realclearreligion.com/index_files/fcf858419ae87961d89811cf975a88c6-358.html"][b]From Jew To Protestant To Catholic To Mother Superior[/b][/url]

• 1 year later...
sistersintigo

Update on the name of her to-be-founded:
the name "Israel" has been taken out and
it is now "Daughters of Mary, Mother of Our Hope"

Indwelling Trinity

Annie:

I am so very happy for you! and also stunned to some degree. May God give you your hearts desire and as we say in Carmel may he grant you the grace of Holy Perserverence!

I am rejoicing for you!

Tenderly,

Indwelling Trinity:bigclap: