An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bring Back A Hip Hop Phorum

Pontifex

I agree. I mean a bunch of artists have come through here looking for a little support and get one or two reply's if their lucky. If you don't like the music or the artist thats cool, nothing wrong with that at all, but let them know what you don't like about it.

Maybe it wil die away..who knows, but hey we gave it a shot right?

I tried to push for a Catholic rap forum last summer, but was turned down. I don't know...it's weird.

[url="http://www.createforum.com/frpontifex"]UNIVERSAL HIP HOP[/url]

A Hip Hop Forum. I'll just do it myself.

Check the link above.

Edited by Pontifex

soccer girl =D

[quote name='kujo' post='1515317' date='Apr 30 2008, 04:05 PM']We've been through this...I bleed blue, through and through...

[img]http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-02/35199506.jpg[/img]
I love Lupe. I'm going to a concert in Tampa on May 5th with Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D. and Rihanna. Is going to be Cinco de AWESOME![/quote]
that concert is coming to DC too....i love all those singers so im trying to win tickets from the station i listen to...its kinda hard tho with like 50 million ppl living around here. lol :annoyed:

word. bring the phorum back as soon as you feel better. i'm pretty sure God wants it of you.

the Apologist

[quote name='kafka' post='1515907' date='May 1 2008, 11:26 AM']I always give a little love, but maybe you artists should post more

show yourselves a bit more[/quote]

We will if we get more support for the times we DO show ourselves... I mean come on.. i did a VIDEO and barely got any love... ah.. i don't know... whatever, i'm done talkinga bout this... i think i'm gonna just focus on making beats for those who ask and can pay for now while i get my skills up in animation which is what i'm studying for... my childhood dream...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Pontifex' post='1514178' date='Apr 29 2008, 04:14 PM']why? :blink: haha
kick push kick push kick push, <_< boring[/quote]

that's probably one of his worst songs. Listen to his "the Cool" album. He's one of the most lyrical conscience rappers out right now. To add to that, he's a devout Muslim and doesn't drink, smoke, or believe in sex before marriage.

Edited by musturde

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I find topics late.

I agree. My bro and I made a rap song for free download and I only got two replies. I'm thankful for those replies, but I wish we could get a little bit more support.

Ooh, nice forum Fr. Pontifex!

So, no one posted in the hip-hop forums...maybe make a smaller one that didn't take up space (if space was the problem)? Or just a small section for those that (do) dig the Catholic Hip-Hop scene?
As you all can tell, I'm new on the Phorums but, I'd like to see the Catholic Emcees get more support, they've all got some hot stuff to share.
We need to spread the Gospel, and (Catholic) hip-hop is one way of doing it, and I'm sure most of you all would agree.

• 2 months later...

So instead of "Hip Hop is dead and in purgatory" go with "Hip Hop is resurrected and and about to ascend into heaven." ^_^