An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans Of The Immaculate

Saint_Gemma_Galgani

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Agnes' post='1887108' date='Jun 9 2009, 07:31 PM']And speaking of greeting people, they always kiss priests' hands when they greet them.[/quote]

That rocks!

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1887251' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:08 PM']That rocks![/quote]

Verbum.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Agnes' post='1887108' date='Jun 9 2009, 01:31 PM']And speaking of greeting people, they always kiss priests' hands when they greet them.[/quote]

Ah, my heart!!! :love: I had never encountered that until about two years ago after a priestly ordination -- we all lined up after mass to venerate the new priests' hands. I find that so profoundly beautiful... I think I cried. Dude. "Verbum." is right!

lc

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Agnes' post='1886942' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:25 AM']Ave Maria!

laetitia crucis: When are you going to visit? Definately take a chapel veil. There aren't alarm clocks in the rooms in MA. I advise taking a watch just so you know what time it is. Otherwise, just annoy Postulant Alicia by asking her the time all day. (My watch broke the third day into my stay). Also, they will wake you up in the morning/ after naps with an "Ave Maria!" (to which you respond, "Ave Maria!") so you don't really need an alarm clock. There is a bookstore in MA, which the sisters go to on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You will probably go a few times, especially as the vocations directress is one of the sisters who does it. Sr. M. Consolatrice will give you a wealth of books by Fr. Stefano and probably also advise you to read, "Mary Was Her Life," about a Spanish Carmelite named Theresa. You will probably also learn to make rosaries while you're there. Since no one has mentioned it yet, they also don't use the backs of their chairs because, as Sister explained, it wouldn't seem right to meditate for an hour on their oh-so comfortable (sarcasm) kneelers and then relax in a chair. And take a mirror with you if you want to be able to use one. Instead of a mirror, there is a picture of Our Lady in the bathroom over a quote that reads "Nothing smacking of vain elegance or comfort seeking." Have fun praying with Alicia and Aspirant Tiffany after compline :) Recreating and song practice are really fun. Be prepared to play a lot and laugh until your sides ache! They're so amazing! I hope that you have a wonderful time and I will be praying for you. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

67 days till I enter them! Ave Maria!!![/quote]

Ave Maria, Agnes!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming entrance!! (The Assumption, yes?) :yahoo: I am so thrilled for you!! Blessed be God! I'll most definitely be keeping you in my daily prayers as you prepare for your entrance! :sign:

This is so wonderful... I was recently just wondering what I'd be doing for those two weeks. :lol: God is so providential! I'll be visiting with them in MA from July 25th until about August 8th or 9th. In a way, I'm almost getting a little anxious. As silly as this sounds, I feel like I'm about to go on my "First Date". :blush: :lol: Hahaha! But I suppose it kind of is... :topsy:

Ah! God is so so so good!

lc

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='laetitia crucis' post='1888590' date='Jun 12 2009, 01:33 AM']Ah, my heart!!! :love: I had never encountered that until about two years ago after a priestly ordination -- we all lined up after mass to venerate the new priests' hands. I find that so profoundly beautiful... I think I cried. Dude. "Verbum." is right!

lc[/quote]

Yes!

I cried too. :)

Rising_Suns

Hello all,
I am glad to see this thread is still active. If you all have a spare moment, please remember me in your prayers, as I am now making my annual 2-week home visit (I entered last August). :)

I will most certainly pray for all those discerning a vocation to the FI. It is really quite a remarkable institute.

Thank you very much for your prayers,

-Davide

Edited by Rising_Suns

laetitia crucis

[quote name='Rising_Suns' post='1889195' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:36 PM']Hello all,
I am glad to see this thread is still active. If you all have a spare moment, please remember me in your prayers, as I am now making my annual 2-week home visit (I entered last August). :)

I will most certainly pray for all those discerning a vocation to the FI. It is really quite a remarkable institute.

-Davide[/quote]

I was literally just now wondering about those home visits. :) Thanks for answering that for me! :lol: You will definitely be remembered in my prayers!

If you don't mind, please say a little "Ave" for me, as I will be visiting the sisters this August.

Grazie!

Rising_Suns

Ave Maria Laetitia Crucis,
I will most certainly remember you in my prayers during this important part of your life discernment.

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1818560' date='Mar 28 2009, 06:01 AM']italian tv
[url="http://curiaffi.immaculatum.net/index_file/Page419.htm"]http://curiaffi.immaculatum.net/index_file/Page419.htm[/url][/quote]

For anyone interested in peering into the liturgical life of the friars and sisters, the website you listed above is an excellence video resource, with many videos of Masses according to the Traditional Roman Rite in various Friaries and Basilicas around the world. You get to also hear the sisters chant the mass settings and propers (since they are usually in the choir), which is always a pleasure (see link below);

[url="http://curiaffi.immaculatum.net/tvimmacolata/video_on_demand.html"]http://curiaffi.immaculatum.net/tvimmacola..._on_demand.html[/url]

This is the link to the new "video on demand" page, so you can click on any video in the archive to watch it immediately.

Davide

Edited by Rising_Suns

Rising_Suns

A new video just went live today;
[url="http://gloria.tv/?media=28287"]http://gloria.tv/?media=28287[/url]

This is highlights from the Solemn High Mass, celebrated in Saint John Lateran's Major Basilica (which "jonnydigit" posted about on the previous page). As I understand it, this is the first time that the traditional Mass has been celebrated in the pope's chair since Vatican II.

If anyone is curious about the direction that the FI's are heading, in terms of liturgy, this video offers a glimpse into the heart of the order in Italy. It also demonstrates the sisters' excellence in sacred music...extremely reverent and beautiful.

Davide

Edited by Rising_Suns

InHisLove726

[quote name='Rising_Suns' post='1896350' date='Jun 20 2009, 12:49 AM']A new video just went live today;
[url="http://gloria.tv/?media=28287"]http://gloria.tv/?media=28287[/url]

This is highlights from the Solemn High Mass, celebrated in Saint John Lateran's Major Basilica (which "jonnydigit" posted about on the previous page). As I understand it, this is the first time that the traditional Mass has been celebrated in the pope's chair since Vatican II.

If anyone is curious about the direction that the FI's are heading, in terms of liturgy, this video offers a glimpse into the heart of the order in Italy. It also demonstrates the sisters' excellence in sacred music...extremely reverent and beautiful.

Davide[/quote]

That is incredibly beautiful! It's gives me pause to think about my vocation. I love the Franciscans so very much, and I would love to join a very reverent order, but I know God will lead me where He wants me. A friend who converted the Church several years ago told me I should check into them if I was interested in the Franciscans, but right now, I am focusing on the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal (another very reverent order in the Novus Ordo right). :D

Ave Maria! Rising Suns, thanks for posting that video. That Mass was one of the first things that I head about the FI's!

. . . Reminds me of Pope Innocent's dream about St. Francis

Edited by Agnes

johnnydigit

wow check out all these vocations and discerners on phatmass! i was recently messaged randomly by a young man from my area about the FI, then the next week we randomly run into each other praying at the local abortion clinic! he is planning to make his first visit in July.

[quote name='Agnes' post='1886942' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:25 PM']Ave Maria!
Johnnydigit: Five rosaries a day is nothing. When I was there with the sisters, we hit 8 and 9 a few times.

67 days till I enter them! Ave Maria!!![/quote]

are you trying to say the sisters can do more Rosaries than the friars? perhaps, a holy challenge?! don't make me call on Padre Pio and his 100+ Rosaries a day! :topsy:

[quote name='Agnes' post='1887108' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:31 AM']And speaking of greeting people, they always kiss priests' hands when they greet them.[/quote]

how beautiful! they keep on amazing me..

[quote name='Rising_Suns' post='1889195' date='Jun 12 2009, 02:36 PM']Hello all,

-Davide[/quote]

wonderful! that means you entered with Edgar, the one from here in southern California who visited at the same time i did. you must also be in the postulant investiture video?

well Davide, i guess i won't be seeing you when i enter this August as you will be beginning the novitiate in Connecticut, right? perhaps we will meet after, perhaps at the seminary in Italy in 2011!

[quote name='Rising_Suns' post='1896350' date='Jun 19 2009, 10:49 PM']As I understand it, this is the first time that the traditional Mass has been celebrated in the pope's chair since Vatican II.[/quote]

woah, i didn't know that! amazing i tell ya. they rock. seriously. rock.

Ave Maria!

Rising_Suns

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1901641' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:55 PM']well Davide, i guess i won't be seeing you when i enter this August as you will be beginning the novitiate in Connecticut, right? perhaps we will meet after, perhaps at the seminary in Italy in 2011!

Ave Maria![/quote]

Dear jonnydigit,
There will be a period of time in which the old postulants will be at the friary with the new postulants, before being transfered to Griswold for the novitiate (to help train the new arrivals in the various assignments). :)

I am looking forward to meeting the new group of aspirants.

(I am now heading back to the friary tonight)

God bless you all,

Davide

• 2 weeks later...
johnnydigit

[quote name='Rising_Suns' post='1902498' date='Jun 26 2009, 07:36 PM']Dear jonnydigit,
There will be a period of time in which the old postulants will be at the friary with the new postulants, before being transfered to Griswold for the novitiate (to help train the new arrivals in the various assignments). :)

I am looking forward to meeting the new group of aspirants.

(I am now heading back to the friary tonight)

God bless you all,

Davide[/quote]

cool! Edgar called me the other night as he was preparing to head back from his two week home visit as well. i will be seeing both of you soon!

let us pray for Ryan, who first messaged me about the FI here on PM, who i then randomly met at the local abortion clinic and became good friends with, and is now on his way to make his first visit to the FI in Indiana!

• 1 month later...
laetitia crucis

[quote name='Rising_Suns' post='1889195' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:36 PM']Hello all,

-Davide[/quote]

Ave Maria!!

I just finished my (AMAZING) visit to the FSI and wanted to clarify that the Sisters do NOT have a two-week home visit as the friars do. :)

Ah, they are so beautifully amazing.

:love: