An Old School Catholic Message Board

Smm's Random Thought Thread

jeffpugh

Lawl... so you unblocked me?

How fitting that hot stuff gets first post in my random thought thread....

Almost redundant as well...

missionseeker

lol.

i only like some pies.

Cobblers are amazing, though.

I made some cookies tonight.

Sounds good. So how do these threads work? Will it be worthy of DtA hijacking?

I pronounce "Z" as "Zed"... or if you like, "Xed" :mellow:

missionseeker

i don't.

But I have an Irish friend who does, so I'm kinda used to it.

You don't have the awesome accent though. Just a funny one :P

Philawsophy :P

I say Lullz. Sometimes I say "lawl" out loud. I get funnier looks than what my accent gets.

missionseeker

LOL

That's great.

I don't really have an accent. Which is ood, cuz it'd eiter be a Philly/Nj/Bronx type deal or Southern. Bleh. (to the southern, the other is just kinda funny. lol)

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1530096' date='May 16 2008, 01:02 AM']Sounds good. So how do these threads work? Will it be worthy of DtA hijacking?[/quote]

AH. My name! I was mentioned! I feel important. :mellow:

CatherineM

I can't even go to the grocery store here without my southern belle accent getting noticed. It's usually, "wow, where are you from?" My RCIA students often have to get me to repeat things, especially when I use colorful colloquialisms. By the end, half of them are saying ya'll.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1530115' date='May 16 2008, 01:23 AM']You are important, DtA, *pats DtA's head*[/quote]

^_^

Hey... :unsure:

You can be random and just write stuff to yourself and people will still comment on it. Like, oh, I should go make a sandwich.

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1530107' date='May 16 2008, 01:14 AM']LOL

That's great.

I don't really have an accent. Which is ood, cuz it'd eiter be a Philly/Nj/Bronx type deal or Southern. Bleh. (to the southern, the other is just kinda funny. lol)[/quote]
Sure you do. I could find something to make fun of... er "point out to you" concerning how you say words. All else fails we can talk about spelling and grammar :mellow:

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1530112' date='May 16 2008, 01:17 AM']AH. My name! I was mentioned! I feel important. :mellow:[/quote]
Yes.. DtA. Important. Now start conversing or something! You're good at that! My thread isn't complete w/out a DtA to hijack.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1530116' date='May 16 2008, 01:23 AM']I can't even go to the grocery store here without my southern belle accent getting noticed. It's usually, "wow, where are you from?" My RCIA students often have to get me to repeat things, especially when I use colorful colloquialisms. By the end, half of them are saying ya'll.[/quote]

I say "y'all" for fun. Ora et Labora found it funny when I made a post w/ "y'all" in it. Srsly, eh!

Anywho new random thought:

Pronunciations for choral singing:

oo (as in shoe), o (as in boat), E/AY (as in pet/gate) EE (as in pea) and [y] (which sounds like eww)

Diphthongs in choral singing:
I = Ah EE
OW = AH OO
OY = O EE
AY = [y](ě) EE

Informative stuff... I'd like to have all singers take note of this ;)