An Old School Catholic Message Board

Smm's Random Thought Thread

jeffpugh

The Bus Station

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1530660' date='May 16 2008, 04:13 PM']Anywho new random thought:

Pronunciations for choral singing:
oo (as in shoe), o (as in boat), E/AY (as in pet/gate) EE (as in pea) and [y] (which sounds like eww)

Diphthongs in choral singing:
I = Ah EE
OW = AH OO
OY = O EE
AY = [y](ě) EE
Informative stuff... I'd like to have all singers take note of this ;)[/quote]

:unsure:

Your random thoughts are quite elaborate.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1530036' date='May 16 2008, 04:26 AM']I like pie :mellow:
Oh look, a peep.[/quote]
You should bake all your money into a pie and set it cooling on your windowsill. Then you can have pie and money.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1530116' date='May 16 2008, 06:23 AM']I can't even go to the grocery store here without my southern belle accent getting noticed. It's usually, "wow, where are you from?" My RCIA students often have to get me to repeat things, especially when I use colorful colloquialisms. By the end, half of them are saying ya'll.[/quote]
:lol: That kinda happened to me today. I was getting ice cream, and my Southern accent was toned down quite a bit (because I tend to pick up the accents of those around me to a degree), so the ice cream guy was like "Ooh, that's an interesting accent. Where are you from?" He then asked if he'd still be able to understand me if I allowed my full accent to come through. :hehe:

:farmer:

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1530672' date='May 16 2008, 05:26 PM']You should bake all your money into a pie and set it cooling on your windowsill. Then you can have pie and money.

:lol: That kinda happened to me today. I was getting ice cream, and my Southern accent was toned down quite a bit (because I tend to pick up the accents of those around me to a degree), so the ice cream guy was like "Ooh, that's an interesting accent. Where are you from?" He then asked if he'd still be able to understand me if I allowed my full accent to come through. :hehe:

:farmer:[/quote]
Lawl!! :lol_pound: I totally got the pie reference!

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1530877' date='May 16 2008, 09:13 PM']you guys are a bunch of dipthongs.[/quote]

<_< Cause it's my thread, I can say it: Chump.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1530958' date='May 16 2008, 10:34 PM']you're still canadian.[/quote]

:rolling: :lol_pound: :lol_roll: :kiss: Thanks for the laugh. You are a treasure. Especially tonight.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1530945' date='May 17 2008, 03:23 AM']Lawl!! :lol_pound: I totally got the pie reference![/quote]
I :love: Strong Bad. And am thinking of getting a Senor Cardgage shirt, or maybe a Nebulon shirt. . .

:underdog:

I like Canadians, and pie, sometimes.

Not cherry pie, though. I hate (don't hate, appreciate) cherries.

That's good. I know I don't like wherever you're from, though.

[edit]Oh, forgot to add this:

:mellow:

Edited by Sacred Music Man

The Bus Station

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1532061' date='May 17 2008, 11:05 PM']That's good. I know I don't like wherever you're from, though.[/quote]

If you don't know where he's from you can't not like it. What if he's an anti-Canadian Canadian...? :unsure:

[quote name='The Bus Station' post='1532094' date='May 18 2008, 12:44 AM']If you don't know where he's from you can't not like it. What if he's an anti-Canadian Canadian...? :unsure:[/quote]

He's from SoCal.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Alycin' post='1532020' date='May 18 2008, 04:45 AM']Not cherry pie, though. I hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) cherries.[/quote]
agreed
:photo:

Random thought: I had a strange dream last night that included me giving Cmom directions, and then we went to the bar and had a drink... I think it was a mixed drink with tequila if I remember correctly...

Don't ask. My subconscious is strange :idontknow: