An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Attended Obamaroma

catholicinsd

catholicinsd

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/16/obama.bush.mccain/?iref=hpmostpop"]http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/16/oba...?iref=hpmostpop[/url]

He came to our County Extension Center.

Edited by catholicinsd

catholicinsd

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530744' date='May 16 2008, 06:58 PM']Lame.[/quote]
Well, about half the phamily is racist, and the Mod staff won't do jacks--t to stop it.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1530753' date='May 16 2008, 07:06 PM']Well, about half the phamily is racist, and the Mod staff won't do jacks--t to stop it.[/quote]
If you see something racist, please report it. Oh, and just because you interpret something as racist doesn't mean it is. It has to be unambiguous. We won't waste our time on silly reports.

For instance, a number of months ago, when a bunch of white supremacists came here, we warned and edited their posts and eventually banned them after they lost their privileges. We stop racist remarks gladly...if they're actually racist and not just interpreted that way by people who see racism in everything.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1530730' date='May 16 2008, 06:43 PM']Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. :turban:[/quote]

I was 3 rows back listening to him. Let me assure you, in all your ignorance, that the Honorable Sen. Obama is a Christian American.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Raphael' post='1530758' date='May 16 2008, 07:17 PM']If you see something racist, please report it. Oh, and just because you interpret something as racist doesn't mean it is. It has to be unambiguous. We won't waste our time on silly reports.

For instance, a number of months ago, when a bunch of white supremacists came here, we warned and edited their posts and eventually banned them after they lost their privileges. We stop racist remarks gladly...if they're actually racist and not just interpreted that way by people who see racism in everything.[/quote]
So you don't consider a turban cartoon, especially as Madam V used it, racism?

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1530732' date='May 16 2008, 05:43 PM']Let me develope my digtal camera.[/quote]

out of curiosity, how does one "develop" a digital camera that has no film??

:bigthink:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1530760' date='May 16 2008, 07:19 PM']So you don't consider a turban cartoon, especially as Madam V used it, racism?[/quote]
Okay...Catholicinsd, it's a cartoon. For all you know it's an image of Mohommed and we should all be jihad victims. Give me a break. Besides, if anything, the smiley should be taken as an attack on his religion, not his race. The implication you're making is that she's calling him Muslim (which is not true), not that he's calling him African-American (which is both true and obvious). The truth is that both Muslim and Christian African-American's wear turbans, so I find it slightly anti-Muslim that you are unfairly associating turbans with Islam.

;) That's how you make a case out of no case.

Things have to be a little more specific than ambiguous symbolic speech which could be taken in multiple ways.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1530763' date='May 16 2008, 07:22 PM']out of curiosity, how does one "develop" a digital camera that has no film??
:bigthink:[/quote]
I gotta develope the film.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Raphael' post='1530766' date='May 16 2008, 07:26 PM']Okay...Catholicinsd, it's a cartoon. For all you know it's an image of Mohommed and we should all be jihad victims. Give me a break. Besides, if anything, the smiley should be taken as an attack on his religion, not his race. The implication you're making is that she's calling him Muslim (which is not true), not that he's calling him African-American (which is both true and obvious). The truth is that both Muslim and Christian African-American's wear turbans, so I find it slightly anti-Muslim that you are unfairly associating turbans with Islam.

;) That's how you make a case out of no case.

Things have to be a little more specific than ambiguous symbolic speech which could be taken in multiple ways.[/quote]

Or she was calling him a terrorist, which I consider to be racism.

Edited by catholicinsd