An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Attended Obamaroma

catholicinsd

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1530767' date='May 16 2008, 06:26 PM']I gotta develope the film.[/quote]

Then correct me if I'm wrong, but if it has film it wouldn't be a "digital" camera now would it?

catholicinsd

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1530769' date='May 16 2008, 07:28 PM']Then correct me if I'm wrong, but if it has film it wouldn't be a "digital" camera now would it?[/quote]

Yes, it would be a disposable camera actually.

Roamin Catholic

then you would be wrong

[quote]digital camera
Function:
noun
Date:

: a camera that records images as digital data instead of on film[/quote]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1530769' date='May 16 2008, 07:28 PM']Then correct me if I'm wrong, but if it has film it wouldn't be a "digital" camera now would it?[/quote]

Well, there are such things are disposable digital cameras. You have to take them in to walgreens or walmart to have them develop them on to a cd for you.

God Bless,
StColette

(Micah didn't sign out again)

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Raphael' post='1530773' date='May 16 2008, 06:32 PM']Well, there are such things are disposable digital cameras. You have to take them in to walgreens or walmart to have them develop them on to a cd for you.[/quote]

Nifty, I;v never seen those.....cut me some slack, I'm trying to hijack this

:P

[quote](Micah didn't sign out again)[/quote]

yea, i know better than to post when MissScripture doesn't log out, I get into a bit of trouble

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1530763' date='May 16 2008, 07:22 PM']out of curiosity, how does one "develop" a digital camera that has no film??
:bigthink:[/quote]

Just don't take it into a dark room and agitate it in developer and then dunk it into the finisher solution. That doesn't really work. :mellow:

One time this tech person told this poor old woman that she needed to clean her hard drive. He came to the house to make a house call as a follow up, and found sudsy water still swilling about inside the computer. True story.

:hijack:

Back to you, Bob.

ChildoftheCreator

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1530734' date='May 16 2008, 06:46 PM'][url="http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/16/obama.bush.mccain/?iref=hpmostpop"]http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/16/oba...?iref=hpmostpop[/url]

He came to our County Extension Center.[/quote]

That doesn't even look like a flag, must have been a smudge. :prop:
Wow, never would have thought.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1530766' date='May 16 2008, 07:26 PM']Okay...Catholicinsd, it's a cartoon. For all you know it's an image of Mohommed and we should all be jihad victims. Give me a break. Besides, if anything, the smiley should be taken as an attack on his religion, not his race. The implication you're making is that she's calling him Muslim (which is not true), not that he's calling him African-American (which is both true and obvious). The truth is that both Muslim and Christian African-American's wear turbans, so I find it slightly anti-Muslim that you are unfairly associating turbans with Islam.

;) That's how you make a case out of no case.

Things have to be a little more specific than ambiguous symbolic speech which could be taken in multiple ways.[/quote]

It's true that CinSD uses the word "racism" errantly but I find it odd that you would consider the things he says as "slightly anti-muslim", which, if I've been able to grasp your intent correctly, would be a bad thing... and yet the mods here seem to overlook the blatant anti-muslim fanaticism that Madame V frequently spews. I'm not saying that's what happens, as she may have been warned without anyone knowing about it, but that is how it appears... you can't blame CinSD for interpreting her little turban smiley in accordance with the majority of her other posts here at phatmass.

:think:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1530768' date='May 16 2008, 07:28 PM']Or she was calling him a terrorist, which I consider to be racism.[/quote]
What? So you think that if someone shows a smiley of a person wearing a turban, that must mean that the poster is accusing the person of being a terrorist? Would that mean you think all people wearing turbans are terrorists, or are you just assuming that's what Madame Vengier believes?

catholicinsd

[quote name='ChildoftheCreator' post='1530781' date='May 16 2008, 07:39 PM']That doesn't even look like a flag, must have been a smudge. :prop:
Wow, never would have thought.[/quote]

I could see his lapel from my seat. He most definately wore a flag on his lapel.

goldenchild17

I don't see the point. Obama's still evil, American or not. I personally believe a lot of the muslim ties. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad man, or unfit for president, but his policies do. That's what we should be focusing on, IMO. Personally some of his anti-American antics in the past do scare me quite a bit, and I personally believe them. But I definitely wouldn't make that the deal-breaker, his policies do.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Raphael' post='1530785' date='May 16 2008, 07:43 PM']What? So you think that if someone shows a smiley of a person wearing a turban, that must mean that the poster is accusing the person of being a terrorist? Would that mean you think all people wearing turbans are terrorists, or are you just assuming that's what Madame Vengier believes?[/quote]

In recent times a cartooned image has come to symbolize Islamic Extremism.

MissScripture

[quote name='Raphael' post='1530773' date='May 16 2008, 06:32 PM']Well, there are such things are disposable digital cameras. You have to take them in to walgreens or walmart to have them develop them on to a cd for you.

God Bless,
StColette

(Micah didn't sign out again)[/quote]
For serious? I've only ever seen disposables where they can also put the pics on CD for you, but they can do that with any film if you ask.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1530790' date='May 16 2008, 07:47 PM']I don't see the point. Obama's still evil, American or not. I personally believe a lot of the muslim ties. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad man, or unfit for president, but his policies do. That's what we should be focusing on, IMO. Personally some of his anti-American antics in the past do scare me quite a bit, and I personally believe them. But I definitely wouldn't make that the deal-breaker, his policies do.[/quote]

That's just the point. Focus on his policies and the real problems. When people who oppose him start calling him a Muslim and the anti-christ (yes, i got a serious forward warning that obama is THE anti-christ), those who COULD be won over to the good side look at us like we're idiots (because such talk IS idiocy) and then we've done more harm than good.

It's about credibility.

dominicansoul

Anyone who believes Obama is a good Christian doesn't know that he voted to STOP a ban on infanticide. When babies were being born alive after botched abortions, they were being placed in plastic bags and left to die in Illinois hospitals. Obama voted AGAINST stopping this! The man is pure evil. He also flip flops. He turned against the man he called his pastor for the last 20 years, because this pastor of his puts Obama in a bad light. He wears the flag lapel pin only after he got called on it. He's a shaky character and not fit to be the next president of the United States.