An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Attended Obamaroma

catholicinsd

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1530799' date='May 16 2008, 08:00 PM']Anyone who believes Obama is a good Christian doesn't know that he voted to STOP a ban on infanticide. When babies were being born alive after botched abortions, they were being placed in plastic bags and left to die in Illinois hospitals. Obama voted AGAINST stopping this! The man is pure evil. He also flip flops. He turned against the man he called his pastor for the last 20 years, because this pastor of his puts Obama in a bad light. He wears the flag lapel pin only after he got called on it. He's a shaky character and not fit to be the next president of the United States.[/quote]

That's all correct, and I am not arguing with any of that.

However...someone not being devout in one faith doesn't make them a terrorist or a Muslim or the Anti-Christ. When people say that... it's just ignorance.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530795' date='May 16 2008, 07:52 PM']That's just the point. Focus on his policies and the real problems. When people who oppose him start calling him a Muslim and the anti-christ (yes, i got a serious forward warning that obama is THE anti-christ), those who COULD be won over to the good side look at us like we're idiots (because such talk IS idiocy) and then we've done more harm than good.

It's about credibility.[/quote]

Yes, and then you have the NRA joking about Sen. Obama getting shot.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1530804' date='May 16 2008, 08:07 PM']Yes, and then you have the NRA joking about Sen. Obama getting shot.[/quote]

I saw that....

Roamin Catholic

Obamaroma??

Is that some sort of festival where I get to attempt to throw a ring around him and win a goldfish??

I mean, I've always wanted a goldfish

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1530809' date='May 16 2008, 08:14 PM']Obamaroma??

Is that some sort of festival where I get to attempt to throw a ring around him and win a goldfish??

I mean, I've always wanted a goldfish[/quote]

It's the newest fragrance... ObamAroma.. smells like BS.

goldenchild17

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1530799' date='May 16 2008, 07:00 PM']Anyone who believes Obama is a good Christian doesn't know that he voted to STOP a ban on infanticide. When babies were being born alive after botched abortions, they were being placed in plastic bags and left to die in Illinois hospitals. Obama voted AGAINST stopping this! The man is pure evil. He also flip flops. He turned against the man he called his pastor for the last 20 years, because this pastor of his puts Obama in a bad light. He wears the flag lapel pin only after he got called on it. He's a shaky character and not fit to be the next president of the United States.[/quote]

fully agree. Though I can't say I wouldn't vote for someone solely because they weren't a Christian. If there were a good non-Christian with policies that are in agreement with Catholicism (whether or not he/she was Catholic personally) then I would likely vote for him/her. The point is that his policies are the problem, not necessarily his religious affiliation.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530812' date='May 16 2008, 07:18 PM']It's the newest fragrance... ObamAroma.. smells like BS.[/quote]

so, were you involved in the research with trying to figure out what it smelled like? I mean, did you go out to fields, were you up to your knees in it?

goldenchild17

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530812' date='May 16 2008, 07:18 PM']It's the newest fragrance... ObamAroma.. smells like BS.[/quote]

must be a pretty popular one. I smell it a lot :ninja: :smokey:

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1530817' date='May 16 2008, 08:20 PM']so, were you involved in the research with trying to figure out what it smelled like? I mean, did you go out to fields, were you up to your knees in it?[/quote]

nope! just read the bottle.

Ingredients: Alcohol, cow manure

MissScripture

:lol_roll: :lol_pound: :rolling:

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530820' date='May 16 2008, 07:23 PM']nope! just read the bottle.

Ingredients: Alcohol, cow manure[/quote]

really? interesting.....so Obama likes cow manure? most interesting

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1530824' date='May 16 2008, 08:25 PM']really? interesting.....so Obama likes cow manure? most interesting[/quote]

:unsure:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530782' date='May 16 2008, 07:40 PM']It's true that CinSD uses the word "racism" errantly but I find it odd that you would consider the things he says as "slightly anti-muslim", which, if I've been able to grasp your intent correctly, would be a bad thing... and yet the mods here seem to overlook the blatant anti-muslim fanaticism that Madame V frequently spews. I'm not saying that's what happens, as she may have been warned without anyone knowing about it, but that is how it appears... you can't blame CinSD for interpreting her little turban smiley in accordance with the majority of her other posts here at phatmass.

:think:[/quote]

Mods don't overlook blatant anti-muslim fanaticism. We just don't go looking all over the phorums for things to edit (contrary to popular belief). If you think it violates phorum guidelines you need to report it. We won't be held responsible for posts we don't notice because no one reported them. ;)

Anyway, my point was that the post Mad V gave indicated only that she was doubtful of the flag pin and that she used a funny smiley in conjunction with her doubt. Does it seem to indicate anti-Obama feelings based on common beliefs that Obama is a muslim, yes, but I think the interpretation of the smiley is going two ways. Mad V's use of it isn't really an explicit attack against anyone. More than anything, it's probably just mean to tease Catholicinsd (and if it was, he fell for it). I was simply pointing out that while Mad V [i]may[/i] have meant something less than charitable, Catholicinsd's being offended is half his own fault for taking everything so offensively just because someone disagrees with him, his views, and his political party.

I, for one, do not see my job as a moderator to handle petty complaints of racism over smileys that were meant to be silly.

God bless,

Micah

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Alycin' post='1530826' date='May 16 2008, 07:26 PM']:unsure:[/quote]

maybe we should go to one of those town forums and ask him....It would be fun

catholicinsd

[quote name='Raphael' post='1530829' date='May 16 2008, 08:26 PM']Mods don't overlook blatant anti-muslim fanaticism. We just don't go looking all over the phorums for things to edit (contrary to popular belief). If you think it violates phorum guidelines you need to report it. We won't be held responsible for posts we don't notice because no one reported them. ;)

Anyway, my point was that the post Mad V gave indicated only that she was doubtful of the flag pin and that she used a funny smiley in conjunction with her doubt. Does it seem to indicate anti-Obama feelings based on common beliefs that Obama is a muslim, yes, but I think the interpretation of the smiley is going two ways. Mad V's use of it isn't really an explicit attack against anyone. More than anything, it's probably just mean to tease Catholicinsd (and if it was, he fell for it). I was simply pointing out that while Mad V [i]may[/i] have meant something less than charitable, Catholicinsd's being offended is half his own fault for taking everything so offensively just because someone disagrees with him, his views, and his political party.

I, for one, do not see my job as a moderator to handle petty complaints of racism over smileys that were meant to be silly.

God bless,

Micah[/quote]

This has reported, and you have failed to act on it. Racism in any form should not be tolerated on this phorum.