An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Ask An Atheist A Question, What Would It Be?

thessalonian

Oh, and on a serious note: If I wanted to ask an atheist a question, I'd go find one myself. They're not [i]that[/i] much of a rarity that I would try to call a radio station just to do it.

thessalonian

[quote name='Justin86' post='1535931' date='May 21 2008, 08:19 AM']Oh, and on a serious note: If I wanted to ask an atheist a question, I'd go find one myself. They're not [i]that[/i] much of a rarity that I would try to call a radio station just to do it.[/quote]

I have an aetheist sitting right behind me and we have frequent conversations. However this radio program is having one on. I participate in the conversation when they talk Catholicism and this time their having an aethist. The dialogue will affect far more than my one on one conversations with aethists I know. So I am not quite sure why you are setting up this either or scenario and implying that I think it's not important to have one on one conversations with aethists.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1535926' date='May 21 2008, 08:17 AM']I was thinking "25 + 1".

I'm more interested if this guy prefers Macs or PCs. Hmmmm...[/quote]

You TOTALLY missed my reference. :mellow:

I guess I'm just a nerd.

[quote name='Didacus' post='1535973' date='May 21 2008, 06:37 AM']Being an atheist, what would you tell God if you died and found out you were wrong?[/quote]

well croutons. do-over?

on a slightly less serious note, what would you do if you got to heaven and god said that scientology was the right one? "i sent the memo to L ron hubbard, didnt you all get that?"

:D

soory, i actually thought it was a lame board one.

well, atheists arent really scarce around here. i dont know, im not one to try and mess with peoples beliefs, so i probably wouldnt try calling them out on anything, maybe just some info about what they do beleive in, cause around here few people fit cleanly into one stereotyped group

Edited by Jesus_lol

Paddington

A question?

My two cents on Atheism is this....

1. Atheism = I know everything and can therefore say that there is no God. That kinda means that I am God, but I insist that it doesn't.

2. Agnosticism = I don't know everything and I'm bowing out.

3. Theism = I don't know everything, but God revealed it to me so I don't need to.

So.....the question would be.....What if God is hiding his existence from you for the time being?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1537026' date='May 22 2008, 02:34 AM']well croutons. do-over?

on a slightly less serious note, what would you do if you got to heaven and god said that scientology was the right one? "i sent the memo to L ron hubbard, didnt you all get that?"

:D[/quote]
Lawl... wasn't there a south park episode where the joke was mormonism was right? :D

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1537103' date='May 22 2008, 08:46 AM']This is the Apologetics forum. Could I get some serious discussion.[/quote]
Lighten up. We could use this sort of interjection once and a while.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1537203' date='May 22 2008, 11:07 AM']soory, i actually thought it was a lame board one.

well, atheists arent really scarce around here. i dont know, im not one to try and mess with peoples beliefs, so i probably wouldnt try calling them out on anything, maybe just some info about what they do beleive in, cause around here few people fit cleanly into one stereotyped group[/quote]
Well, I tried bringing an atheist here once. To my great pleasure, I got lots of laughs cause it was like worlds colliding for me, and then he just sorta stopped. I could try and bring him back, if you wish.

AngelofMusic

If I could ask an atheist a question... [terribly sorry but this reminds me of those children's books: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. :D Again, I apologize]

I think I would ask what made them an atheist in the first place. How could you look at this marvelous planet, with all of the tiny yet DREADFULLY important things, and believe it was made by accident?

johnnydigit

-is it possible that there is much that you are not aware of, including a happiness and state of being that is so far reaching, that in comparison it makes your current happiness look like utter hell? this is what it means to know God..

thessalonian

"Lighten up. We could use this sort of interjection once and a while."

There is the lame board for that. You can even do it in Open Mic and I will join you. Here I asked a question and needed it discussed for the purpose of helping convert souls and helping those whom an atheist was going to try and convert because he says the need for God has outlived it's purpose. Keeping souls out of hell is serious business.

Edited by thessalonian

White Knight

10 Questions.

1) "What do you think of propose, not the propose of general Life, but the Propose of Your Life is?"
2) "If there is no propose to life, then why contunie with life, if theres no propose?"
3) " Do You believe that there are certian mysteries that cannot be answered through our undertsanding?"
4) "How can you claim ''' There is no evidence for an existance of God''' when the evidence is everywhere?
5) " How can you explain the impossible using reason alone, when life offers so many unexpections?"

6) "When you break down logical thinking, rather its physics, mathatic theory, science, or anything, you are stripped of rational explaination, without using reason and intellect how can you explain the basic formulas for the beginning of existance once its been broken down to the basics how can you have a fuller understanding once science runs out of steam and can't explain the origins and propose of life?"

7) " Do you deny that human beings historical belief of an Afterlife, when it seems as if every culture throughout the history of the world, with an advanced general way of life, this was believed by many cultures, and seems to be incraved on the consciences of every human being as much as common scense to believe in something more than themselves, do you deny this historical fact?

8) "When You die, what do you expect to cease to exist?"

9) "How did you come to your conclusions to sum up your general beliefs?"

10) " What if you were to meet God at the end of your life, what then?"

"Could you please give an answer/explanation disproving the Five Proofs of St. Thomas Aquinas?"