An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Newest Companion

Theologian in Training

Maria Faustina

I found a stray cat in my Church's parking lot , and we named him Kyrie. You could probably name a girl cat Kyrie, though. That's my favorite pet name, after Aquinas.

Norseman82

[quote name='Maria Faustina' post='1563778' date='Jun 8 2008, 09:25 PM']I found a stray cat in my Church's parking lot , and we named him Kyrie. You could probably name a girl cat Kyrie, though. That's my favorite pet name, after Aquinas.[/quote]

And then get another one named Eleison.....

homeschoolmom

Here's my near-cat experience....

back in 1998, just days after our second child was born... in the freezing cold.... (it was Dec. 30).... HSdad went off in search of a bigger family vehicle... off to get-- a minivan.

Dangit if he did not come home with a kitten instead.

Apparently, while the dealer was showing him vehicles, this kitten was hiding under the vans mewing which was very distracting to my kind-hearted husband. So, he brought the kitten home to warm up, promised me that he would take it to the humane society as soon as he was done clinching the deal (remember I had a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 week old-- he knew better than to try to negotiate keeping it). How we got a cat in and out of the house without my daughter latching on to it, I don't know.

All turned out well-- got the van, got rid of the kitten... which we probably would have kept if I had not just had a baby and it was short hair (I'm allergic to all cats, but short haired cats are tollerable).

So, um yeah... (Got a great deal on the van.)

I have a 3 legged, declawed Russian Blue named Smokey. His previous owners abandoend him, and he came to our doorstep one winter night. He's a total sweetie :-)

ROFL Yesterday at the Youth Mass, our priest's cat "Will Seton" found his way into the Church. lol Micah was doing the first reading and you hear this faint "meow" coming from the back of the Church, near the very back pew. I turn around and there is a big fat orange tabby cat. lol I start giggling to myself. Micah spotted him while he was doing the reading. After Micah finished the reading, he quickly bowed and went straight for the back of the Church. Ran around the back of the pew for a little while trying to catch Will. lol He finally got him and hoisted him up to show one of our deacons what the heck he was doing back there lol

I think you should name your cat "Winston". This is a proper cats name. If I had a cat, I'd call him Winston.

An engineer's guide to cats

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4[/url]

pretty funny! I love the destructive art!