An Old School Catholic Message Board

"the Nun" - New Ewtn Show Coming In August

Laudem Gloriae

Laudem Gloriae

EWTN has a new show called "The Nun" that is on for August 23 at 8pm, August 24 at 2 am and August 28 at 1 pm and is 60 mins.

The description says, "New! Get an inside look at a religious vocation taking shape in a European Catholic family. This unique documentary look at a Swedish Catholic family, and their daughter, Marta, who has decided to become a Carmelite nun." Then there is a picture of her smiling in her full Carmelite habit w/black veil. Looks like a great show!!

Deus te Amat
:o

That looks really cool!

I hope I'll be able to see it. That's around the time I'll be moving into my dorm.

Laudem Gloriae

I guess I should have added the times may be different where you live! I got this show from the monthly guide EWTN sends out and as for me, I am in the Central Time Zone so the times given in the guide (and like I posted above) differ from my time. So double check the times in case you miss the show!

DominicanPhilosophy

This sounds SO awesome! I think that EWTN is amazing regardless, but girls today [being one myself] need to see the ins and outs of religious life. Young girls used to enter convents all the time, whether or not it was their true vocation or just because of familial pressure. Anyway, though, now, the way society is, religious life is talked about so little that until a girl actually has a visible, tangible encounter with a religious, she's probably not going to even realize that her calling may very well be to espouse Christ.

"[i][b]It ... becomes necessary that the Church accompany with constant spiritual attention those whom God has called...[/b]"
[/i]
-John Paul II the Great, May 2, 2004, World Day of Prayer for Vocations

FutureScholastica

I just wanted to add my two cents, and heartily recommend this documentary. I saw it last year when it was shown on Swedish TV and it made a real impact on me and sparked quite a debate in Swedish media.

The movie not only beautifully explores a vocation, but also the impact that vocation has on friends and family.

If you have the time, it is definitely worth watching.

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1568457' date='Jun 11 2008, 03:06 PM']:o

That looks really cool!

I hope I'll be able to see it. That's around the time I'll be moving into my dorm.[/quote]

...August 23 at 8pm, August 24 at 2 am and August 28 at 1 pm and is 60 mins...

DtA, you should sneak into the lounge at 2 am (or whenever it is local time) and watch it! There's a TV. Also the Rat has TVs and sometimes no one is using them. :D

the lords sheep

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1568457' date='Jun 11 2008, 09:06 PM']:o

That looks really cool!

I hope I'll be able to see it. That's around the time I'll be moving into my dorm.[/quote]

You can always stream it online too! (I stream EWTN all the time online. It's great!) Then it wouldn't be that difficult to watch it at 2 am (other than it being late)...

In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

• 1 month later...
Laudem Gloriae

Reminder this show, "The Nun", is coming on EWTN at these days and times:

August 23 at 8 pm

August 24 at 2 am

August 28 at 1 pm

**Check your local time zone - for me these shows come on an hour EARLIER as I am in the Central zone and EWTN is in Eastern? and is one hour ahead of my time.**