An Old School Catholic Message Board

Victim Nuns Of The Sacred Heart

inperpetuity

Julie de Sales

And again...

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-S0B8AXEIfLo/TWQYDRjoYMI/AAAAAAAAEx0/Bzm4sX5wI1M/s1600/Louange2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eUcsDqXukxo/TWQYcCBCGjI/AAAAAAAAEys/R4ncEQ59BnQ/s1600/Louange8.jpg[/img]

All of these pictures are taken from [url="http://brautdeslammes.blogspot.ro/2011/02/seigneur-la-silence-est-votre-louange-2.html"]http://brautdeslamme...-louange-2.html[/url] Enjoy them :)

AveMariaPurissima

I came across this community online a little more than a year ago. They look so amazing and beautiful!

• 4 weeks later...
Studiumecclesiae

[quote name='BarbaraTherese' timestamp='1342693737' post='2456975']
Amazing religious order! And amazing the Graces The Lord gifts to His Church!
[/quote]
Yes they're wonderful. I've got a friend who's going to enter there this September. There's no "come and see" before, nor any possibility to be an aspirant. She just went there and knew it was THERE she was called, though she found their life very rough (without experiencing it). I'm praying for her.

[quote name='Studiumecclesiae' timestamp='1345035803' post='2467913']
Yes they're wonderful. I've got a friend who's going to enter there this September. There's no "come and see" before, nor any possibility to be an aspirant. She just went there and knew it was THERE she was called, though she found their life very rough (without experiencing it). I'm praying for her.
[/quote]
Prayer for your friend for perseverance. It would be a very difficult life and absolutely impossible without a sound vocation I would imagine.

I noticed that the lino in the pictures is the same lino I first bought (I was gifted the money for floor coverings) when I shifted into my previous address. Although I can't really tell if the Sisters have lino or mosaic type tiles. I had no window coverings (sheets and blankets only), no floor coverings, bare untreated floorboards (until I was given the lino same as in the pics) and only a bed and a wardrobe. Life sure was rough back then. No washing machine, no crockery nor cutlery. No nothing. When I reflect back on that time, it is truly amazing how far God has carried me, although it is 30 years down the line and many loads of ironing since. God's Grace and His many gifts to me (tho quite humble gifts) came to my rescue. Also quite a few people as time went on donated items to me for which they no longer had any need. One of the parting 'shots' from my novice mistress when I left monastic life in my forties was "Don't worry about us, God takes care of us". She didn't realize just how many expressions I had of God's Loving Care in my own life with a conviction that He would continue to care for me and no matter what.

Edited by BarbaraTherese

dymphnamaria

Very unique,they used a chord as a sling to their cross! I don't know exactly what their purpose for this,but it's lovely.

Studiumecclesiae

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1345042464' post='2467972']
It is an very austere Order, but look at the radiant faces!!!!!
[/quote]Well my friend was surprised when she went there and asked questions to the Prioress. It's not THAT strict, they adapt harshness to the condition and the age of the nun, they don't overwork the nuns. They consider it's pride making it too austere and pride is worse than sacrifice. Well they kept loads of old-fashioned things like listening to novices parlours (a nun stays behind the door and over-hears all the conversation). But there still are bursts of laughter in the novitiate. I know that.

Just to point out that austerity does not preclude laughter nor does it imply overworking someone.
I think we just have to look at the pics to know what austerity might be going on. The name gives a bit of a clue too!

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1345141130' post='2468663']
Just to point out that austerity does not preclude laughter nor does it imply overworking someone.
I think we just have to look at the pics to know what austerity might be going on. The name gives a bit of a clue too!
[/quote]

VERY true! One of the reasons I thought the PCCs werent for me after reading ARTBM was all the laughter...I thought laughter implied that there was very little penance going on. Not so! In fact, I've learned, the more [i]proper[/i] penance (important word there), the more laughter.

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345153018' post='2468811']
VERY true! One of the reasons I thought the PCCs werent for me after reading ARTBM was all the laughter...I thought laughter implied that there was very little penance going on. Not so! In fact, I've learned, the more [i]proper[/i] penance (important word there), the more laughter.
[/quote]

I'm guessing ARTBM is "A Right To Be Merry"? I read part of it on my live-in, the postulant recommended it to me, and I loved it. When I realised it was Roswell I remember thinking "that's the one emmaberry is discerning with!" and I got very excited telling the postulant that I knew someone discerning with that community.

I was surprised on my live-in by the amount of laughter there is. Recreation was always[i] so[/i] full of laughter, I'd often go to None and Compline trying to suppress the giggles. It's funny how even us discerners get that impression that nuns have to serious all the time.

Edited by EmilyAnn

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345153342' post='2468814']
I'm guessing ARTBM is "A Right To Be Merry"? [/quote]
Yes it is-I am sorry for the confusion! I thought the abbreviation might be confusing when I posted it, but I only had one hand and was too lazy to type it out. :blush: Serves me right!
[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345153342' post='2468814']
I read part of it on my live-in, the postulant recommended it to me, and I loved it. When I realised it was Roswell I remember thinking "that's the one emmaberry is discerning with!" and I got very excited telling the postulant that I knew someone discerning with that community.

I was surprised on my live-in by the amount of laughter there is. Recreation was always[i] so[/i] full of laughter, I'd often go to None and Compline trying to suppress the giggles. It's funny how even us discerners get that impression that nuns have to serious all the time.
[/quote]
I am glad you liked it! Were there many similarities between the PCC life described in the book, and St Cecilia's?

That's great about the laughter there! Mother Mary Francis quoted a priest in one of her other books who said that they louder the community laughs at recreation, the more healthy. Definitely about discerners thinking nuns are so serious! I am so guilty of that. I think the nuns would ...err..laugh..if they knew! :hehe:
[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345167152' post='2468899']
[font=Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4]I am glad you liked it! Were there many similarities between the PCC life described in the book, and St Cecilia's?

That's great about the laughter there! Mother Mary Francis quoted a priest in one of her other books who said that they louder the community laughs at recreation, the more healthy. Definitely about discerners thinking nuns are so serious! I am so guilty of that. I think the nuns would ...err..laugh..if they knew! :hehe:[/size][/font]
[/quote]

One thing I did find very interesting was the way she spoke about poverty - obviously being mendicants PC's have a very different sense of poverty than Benedictines. But obviously we still have poverty! We also don't get up in the night for the Office, we say Vigils in the morning. There were some things she said about the PCC practices that seemed very strange to me, because of course St. Cecilia's is the only experience I have of monastic life. As beautifully as it describes life as PC, I'm very much a Benedictine at heart!