An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Calls Black Men To Be Better Fathers

Lil Red

+J.M.J.+
[url="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/bulletin/bulletin_080616.htm"]Article here[/url]
[quote]ABC World News opened its Sunday evening newscast with a long report on Sen. Barack Obama's Father's Day speech before a "largely black church in Chicago," where he delivered "a rather blunt message to African-American men. He said too many black fathers are absent from their children's lives. 'We need fathers to realize that responsibility does not end at conception,' he said. Obama's words seemed aimed at not only at African-Americans, but also at white voters who might be uneasy about his candidacy."[/quote]
does anyone else find this ironic, considering his stance on abortion, and the fact that black babies are aborted more often than white or hispanic babies? :huh:

I see the irony but I feel this was the right thing. If Obama is truly going to be a leader, he needs to say the things that no one wants to hear or say. Because he is a black man, he can get away with saying this. Hopefully it bears some fruit.

The one pump wonder

[quote name='kujo' post='1572817' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:46 PM']I see the irony but I feel this was the right thing. If Obama is truly going to be a leader, he needs to say the things that no one wants to hear or say. Because he is a black man, he can get away with saying this. Hopefully it bears some fruit.[/quote]

your avatar ( kujo ) looks like the pope is turning his back to me like im some nobody.

Or he just dissed me and is walking away. its weird

[quote name='The one pump wonder' post='1572855' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:19 PM']your avatar ( kujo ) looks like the pope is turning his back to me like im some nobody.

Or he just dissed me and is walking away. its weird[/quote]

:huh:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='The one pump wonder' post='1572855' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:19 PM']your avatar ( kujo ) looks like the pope is turning his back to me like im some nobody.

Or he just dissed me and is walking away. its weird[/quote]

Psh... I like it, I have another image from the same event in my avatar. Both are cool.

Galloglasses

Back on track. Obama is contradicting himself here.

In some ways its worse then his Irish Roots claim.

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1572869' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:43 PM']Back on track. Obama is contradicting himself here.[/quote]

Not really. It is contradictory to us because we know the truth about abortion and understand it, etc.

But Obama is speaking to a largely pro-choice audience and so it doesn't really contradict anything in their minds to call upon parents to be good parents to the children that they have.

dominicansoul

Yeah, his speech pretty much set my blood boiling. Toward the end of this speech, he tells them that God will help them and get them to where we need to be in this country. THE AUDACITY of the man, when HE'S FOR KILLING CHILDREN! Where we need to be is in a country WITHOUT ABORTION! And we need to stop giving power to these heartless people who think it's a woman's right to murder their children! Nothing else matters until this country stops murdering it's children. Until then, all order is lost. We can't get anything resolved with blood on our hands...

Anything this man says is absolutely meaningless...

DS, I understand and appreciate your passion. I especially understand calling Obama "heartless" because one has to question the sanity of someone who won't even admit that an abortion survivor is human and deserves to be protected.

But I think it's important to distinguish... between Obama and other pro-choicers. I have never met a pro-choice person yet who was not shocked when I told them about Obama voting AGAINST the born-alive infant protection act. Most pro-choice people don't even realize (though sometimes it is through willful ignorance) that they are extinguishing a life. I don't think it's a matter of them being heartless. I know many people who describe themselves as pro-choice who have good hearts.

[quote name='Alycin' post='1572887' date='Jun 16 2008, 03:57 PM']DS, I understand and appreciate your passion. I especially understand calling Obama "heartless" because one has to question the sanity of someone who won't even admit that an abortion survivor is human and deserves to be protected.

But I think it's important to distinguish... between Obama and other pro-choicers. I have never met a pro-choice person yet who was not shocked when I told them about Obama voting AGAINST the born-alive infant protection act. Most pro-choice people don't even realize (though sometimes it is through willful ignorance) that they are extinguishing a life. I don't think it's a matter of them being heartless. I know many people who describe themselves as pro-choice who have good hearts.[/quote]

This is an important point. People can be ignorant of the truth, but still be seeking it. Obama's stance on abortion and all life issues is deplorable; however, that doesn't mean that he can't be right about other things.

Good speech...stupid for Obama. If his sheep were not following him blindly they would see this contradiction and question what is going on. He implies that there is a responsibility from conception on? Why? To him abortion is ok. To him, it should not matter conception or not. Life is disposable in its most innocent time. Why should any responsibility exist until the baby is born?

He is right that there are some fathers out there who need to take responsibility. However, I still think he is a walking contradiction.

[quote name='picchick' post='1572954' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:25 PM']Good speech...stupid for Obama. If his sheep were not following him blindly they would see this contradiction and question what is going on. He implies that there is a responsibility from conception on? Why? To him abortion is ok. To him, it should not matter conception or not. Life is disposable in its most innocent time. Why should any responsibility exist until the baby is born?

He is right that there are some fathers out there who need to take responsibility. However, I still think he is a walking contradiction.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
agreed.

[quote name='picchick' post='1572954' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:25 PM']Good speech...stupid for Obama. If his sheep were not following him blindly they would see this contradiction and question what is going on. He implies that there is a responsibility from conception on? Why? To him abortion is ok. To him, it should not matter conception or not. Life is disposable in its most innocent time. Why should any responsibility exist until the baby is born?

He is right that there are some fathers out there who need to take responsibility. However, I still think he is a walking contradiction.[/quote]

Again, he is right about what he's saying; however, he is persisting in the fact that he is wrong about abortion. There ARE responsibilities that a man has while his wife/girlfriend is pregnant. A lot of times, African American men aren't livin' up to those.

[quote name='kujo' post='1572980' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:50 PM']Again, he is right about what he's saying; however, he is persisting in the fact that he is wrong about abortion. There ARE responsibilities that a man has while his wife/girlfriend is pregnant. A lot of times, African American men aren't livin' up to those.[/quote]
That is why I said that he is right that there are fathers out there who need to take responsibility. I am not denying that he needed to do the speech or saying that he should not of done the speech. I am suggesting that his followers look a little deeper at what he is saying and see the fact that he is contradicting himself which he is. He is saying that life does not matter and it is disposable by saying abortion is ok. Yet, then he says that life is important enough for a father to take responsibility.

Don't get me wrong...Great that he said the speech. It is needed for all men.

Edited by picchick

dominicansoul

Although I respect your opinions, kujo and Alycin, I do not agree. I don't believe he can have any good points if he is for the murder of children. Period. I don't want to hear him. He aggravates me. And I think all he's doing here is deliberately trying to deceive and show that he has some compassion and believes in a better quality of life. I don't think he's ignorant on Abortion. I think he knows exactly what abortion is and this is what makes him heartless. Maybe some pro-aborts (not "pro-choice," this is a word they created...) are truly ignorant of abortion, but I dont' think Obama is. I think he knows exactly what he's stands for. When he has Abortion on his platform, everything else crumbles. He's as clever as the beast...a great deceiver...a liar.