An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Calls Black Men To Be Better Fathers

Lil Red

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1573428' date='Jun 16 2008, 10:10 PM']So, why aren't you at the nearest clinic asking for a child from the suffering mothers?[/quote]
Because I am at work right now. And it is not God's will that I have a child right now. If it is, He will make sure I get it.
Why are you defending a man who not only supports the choice of those mothers to murder their babies, but wants to make the options for the form of murder broader?

catholicinsd

[quote name='Alycin' post='1573429' date='Jun 16 2008, 11:11 PM']You accused us (myself included) of overlooking Quayle's faults. No one did that, you just used that as a made-up argument. When that didn't work, you moved on to saying that Quayle and Obama have identical policies on life. When I gave you that, and said that I detested them both if that's the case, you chose to ignore it.

You also ignored where I said Quayle's stances are pointless because he isn't going to be in a position of power come 09.[/quote]

In 1992 Dan Quayle blamed the Rodney King Riots on single mothers. He was the sitting Vice President when he made these remarks, therefore they are still of relevence.

catholicinsd

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1573440' date='Jun 16 2008, 11:16 PM']Because I am at work right now.[/quote]

Shouldn't you be doing your job now then?

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1573443' date='Jun 16 2008, 11:17 PM']In 1992 Dan Quayle blamed the Rodney King Riots on single mothers. He was the sitting Vice President when he made these remarks, therefore they are still of relevence.[/quote]

In a general way, yes, but they are of absolutely no relevance of how people feel about Obama.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1573443' date='Jun 16 2008, 10:17 PM']In 1992 Dan Quayle blamed the Rodney King Riots on single mothers. He was the sitting Vice President when he made these remarks, therefore they are still of relevence.[/quote]
That logic does NOT follow. What a previous Vice President said, unless it is some sort of law, is not relevant in choosing our leader for the future.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1573445' date='Jun 16 2008, 10:19 PM']Shouldn't you be doing your job now then?[/quote]
I am.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1573445' date='Jun 16 2008, 11:19 PM']Shouldn't you be doing your job now then?[/quote]

You do realize that it reflects poorly on you, that when your arguments fail time and again, you distract and deflect, right?

catholicinsd

[quote name='Alycin' post='1573447' date='Jun 16 2008, 11:20 PM']In a general way, yes, but they are of absolutely no relevance of how people feel about Obama.[/quote]

So Obama can't say anything because he supports abortion?