An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Adorers Of The Royal Heart Of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest

Laudem Gloriae

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1350413047' post='2494010']
[i]"As the community expands, it is foreseen that foundations will be made alongside the apostolates of the Institute of Christ the King, where the sisters will be able to provide support for the apostolic work of our priests. [b]It is foreseeable that the sisters will eventually make a foundation in the United States. [/b]There are at present two American sisters, and the amount of vocational inquiries from the United States is ever increasing.[/i]
[i]Recently, the Sisters were given a building that will serve as their future convent. At present, it is in need of extensive repair. However, the Sisters are certain that with prayer, generous donors will come to realize the importance of their work.[/i]"

(but it doesn't say where this future convent is...)
[/quote]

Patience is the virtue I lack the most! The word "eventually" drives me mad. I understand, of course, the uncertainty of the timing for such a foundation.

emmaAntigonos

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1350413047' post='2494010']
(but it doesn't say where this future convent is...)
[/quote]

They attempted a foundation in St. Louis, Missouri, but it had to be abandoned, several years ago. The original Mother Superior was doing the renovation, but she had health problems sufficiently serious that she ultimately seems to have left the order entirely. Since then, nothing more has been heard, and it was something of a surprise when they announced the Swiss foundation.

The convent building in Gricigliano was in a ruinous condition when they moved in, and I think that limited the number of applicants. Certainly they seem to have a long noviciate, or did, at the outset. It appears that the Seminary for the priesthood is expanding; but when thinks about it, for a community founded in 2005 with 3 sisters, to now have 11 professed, 5 novices, and 5 postulants, and a new foundation, they seem to be doing very well!
[b][size=5][color=#ffffff]GriciglianoGricigliano[/color][/size][/b]

Edited by emmaAntigonos

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1350413457' post='2494016']
Patience is the virtue I lack the most!
[/quote]
Just move to Europe and enter ;) You might become one of the sisters starting a convent in the US.

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1350414475' post='2494023']
Just move to Europe and enter ;) You might become one of the sisters starting a convent in the US.
[/quote]

Oh NonNovi, if only it was that simple! I don't even have a passport, nor the money required to move, I've never been outside the USA, and I'm still in college here, getting my bachelors. Plus I don't know the slightest bit of French! :cry:

emmaAntigonos

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1350430160' post='2494091']

Oh NonNovi, if only it was that simple! I don't even have a passport, nor the money required to move, I've never been outside the USA, and I'm still in college here, getting my bachelors. Plus I don't know the slightest bit of French! :cry:
[/quote]

It isn't as formidable as it seems. "If you will it, it is no dream" was the byword of the original pioneers returning to their ancestral homeland in Israel. There are always ways, if you want something badly enough. Begin with small steps.

Begin learning French, for example. There are all kinds of ways to do it. Not all cost a fortune.

Passports aren't difficult to get. Takes a bit of time, but since you're in college, you've got that [I'd do it anyway, you never know if you want to travel; good to have it]

There's lots of time: to finish your degree, to work and save some money, to travel and see whether you even like Europe. Given the way the community seems to be flourishing, it will still be there when you're ready for it.

[/quote]

It isn't as formidable as it seems. "If you will it, it is no dream" was the byword of the original pioneers returning to their ancestral homeland in Israel. There are always ways, if you want something badly enough. Begin with small steps.

Begin learning French, for example. There are all kinds of ways to do it. Not all cost a fortune.

Passports aren't difficult to get. Takes a bit of time, but since you're in college, you've got that [I'd do it anyway, you never know if you want to travel; good to have it]

There's lots of time: to finish your degree, to work and save some money, to travel and see whether you even like Europe. Given the way the community seems to be flourishing, it will still be there when you're ready for it.

emmaAntigonos

[/quote]

emmaAntigonos

I'm terribly sorry about the multiple posting. The phorum site was behaving very oddly this morning; running extremely slowly and returning messages that "site not found" and "error".

[quote]Oh NonNovi, if only it was that simple! I don't even have a passport, nor the money required to move, I've never been outside the USA, and I'm still in college here, getting my bachelors. Plus I don't know the slightest bit of French! :cry:[/quote]

EmmaAntigonos gave you some good advice. Now it's my turn :) I am discerning with a French community in Canada, so I have to learn French too. I took a beginner's class, but still have to learn more. I know that waiting is hard. If it was up to me I would enter tomorrow. Keep praying and know that it's all in God's hands. God will open these doors if this is where God wants you to be. God will make a way where they seems to be no way.

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='savvy' timestamp='1350514302' post='2494231']
EmmaAntigonos gave you some good advice. Now it's my turn :) I am discerning with a French community in Canada, so I have to learn French too. I took a beginner's class, but still have to learn more. I know that waiting is hard. If it was up to me I would enter tomorrow. Keep praying and know that it's all in God's hands. God will open these doors if this is where God wants you to be. God will make a way where they seems to be no way.
[/quote]

Are you able to share which community you're discerning?

[quote]Are you able to share which community you're discerning? [/quote]

Monastic community of Jerusalem. In North America, they have a foundation in Montreal.

[quote name='savvy' timestamp='1350591880' post='2494505']
Monastic community of Jerusalem. In North America, they have a foundation in Montreal.
[/quote]

I love them! :love: :love: :love:

I am also part of Brother Charles's 'family'. I will keep you in my prayers. :) +

[quote]I love them! :love: :love: :love:

I am also part of Brother Charles's 'family'. I will keep you in my prayers. :) + [/quote]

They are amesome. Thanks Beatitude. I really need prayers. Patience is not my strongest suit.