An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Adorers Of The Royal Heart Of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest

Laudem Gloriae

Laudem Gloriae

I was curious about this order so I wrote for some information. So for anyone on PM interested in this community, I am posting some info sent to me by Mother Marie of the Love of God of the Sisters Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest. Their web page is at [url="http://www.institute-christ-king.org/AdorersRoyalHeart.htm"]http://www.institute-christ-king.org/AdorersRoyalHeart.htm[/url].

The first section is copied from her email to me and the second section was copied from the attachment she sent with her email.

[u]Email:[/u]

"Dear M,

Monsignor Schmitz has informed me of your e-mail asking for information about
the community of Adorers.
Attached is a document of introduction and the responses to your questions.

1. The age limit for entrance into the community is around 30 years.

2. The community, like all the Institute, lives from gifts of benefactors. The
Institute also has a little store here with certain products that we make.

3. The Institute is a French foundation. Thus it is recommended that one has
some basics necessary in French to enter the community (which is not necessary
to have for a retreat). The rite celebrated is the extraordinary rite and the
Divine Office is chanted in Latin.

4. A few years from now, we hope to establish the first foundation in United
States, according to what Divine Providence shows us.

In hoping to have answered your questions I assure you of all my prayers for you
and of my dedication.

In Corde Regis,

Mother Marie of the Love of God"

[u]Attachment:[/u]

"In January, 2001, on the feast if St. Francis de Sales, two young French women, mutually inspired with a great love for the priesthood and the desire to live a life dedicated to priests, set out for the Austrian Alps to live in a house provided by the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. After 3 years of religious formation from a former religious of the Society of the Sacred Heart founded by St. Madeleine Sophie Barat, they, and a third young woman who had since joined them, relocated to Italy to live near the mother-house of the Institute. Thus was born the Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest.

Since then, their number has greatly increased, and they have had the grace to establish their Motherhouse, the House of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest, which is one mile from the seminary of the Institute, near Florence.

The Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest was founded to render ever-present adoration of God for the glory of the Father, the sanctification of His priests and to spread the Kingdom of the Heart of Jesus among men. Under the principal patronage of the Immaculate Conception, secondary of St. Francis de Sales, St. Benedict, St. Thomas Aquinas, also St. Madeleine Sophie Barat and St. Margaret Marie Alacoque, they are consecrated to the Heart of the Unique Priest, Our Lord Jesus Christ.

The spirituality is entirely Salesian; in the school of the Doctor of Love the sisters endeavour to grow in the love of God by the practice of the little virtues: “all by love, in love and for love”. It is “the spirit of humility towards God and of meekness toward one’s neighbor” that the great saint asks of his spiritual daughters, of whom the Adorers are part.

Living this Salesian spirituality, the Adorers hope to obtain from His “Royal Heart paternally maternal”, “window open to the Divinity” (St. Francis de Sales) and unique source of love, the graces of which the priests have need, as much for themselves as for the souls confided to them. Holy Mass, daily adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and the Divine Office being the center of their lives, the Adorers will in the future be brought to proclaim the Love of God in the different apostolates near the priests of the Institute as yet another form of adoration.

The Adorers also benefit from a time of study. They receive an intellectual formation based on the philosophy and theology of St. Thomas Aquinas, and also deepen their love and understanding of what the Church teaches in courses on church doctrine.

The Adorers are consecrated daily to the Royal and Priestly Heart of Our Lord. Thus, by a life of continual adoration with the assistance of His superabundant grace, the adorers serve holy Mother Church in interceding without cease for the Holy Father and for priests.

Entrusted to the Holy Virgin Mother, under the title of the Immaculate Conception, the Adorers follow Her Immaculate Heart, which is the luminous way leading to the Royal Heart of her Divine Son, to whom they desire to conform their lives."

• 1 year later...
Chiquitunga
:bump:

also ... [url="http://www.orbiscatholicus.org/2009/10/adorers-of-royal-heart-of-jesus-christ_29.html"]http://www.orbiscath...-christ_29.html[/url] Edited by Chiquitunga

Wow, I just [url="http://oiboyz.blogspot.com/2010/05/adoratrices.html"]blogged[/url] about visiting these sisters yesterday!

Thanks for the post, Laudem Gloriae.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='oiboyz' date='17 June 2010 - 09:12 PM' timestamp='1276819954' post='2130683']
Wow, I just [url="http://oiboyz.blogspot.com/2010/05/adoratrices.html"]blogged[/url] about visiting these sisters yesterday!

[/quote]

What a beautiful blog post!! And what a beautiful community!!

laetitia crucis

[quote name='oiboyz' date='17 June 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1276819954' post='2130683']

[/quote]

I loved reading that post -- and also loved the great pictures! :photo:

Aaaand I wanted to add: :welcome: Welcome to Phatmass!

Edit: Well, I see that you joined PM in '09, but still say "Welcome!" with your first post. :lol:

Edited by laetitia crucis

• 1 year later...

AFAIK, an attempt was made to start a foundation in St. Louis, but it had to be abandoned, for the time being at least. The order does have a couple of American nuns at the motherhouse in Italy, though.

uurgh! I love this order, but I am 19 and just cannot give my family the stress of having me enter a convent OVERSEAS. Yikes! I guess the abandoned St Louis foundation is God's voice telling me I am NOT called to this order. :cry:

TheresaThoma

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1335814447' post='2425289']
uurgh! I love this order, but I am 19 and just cannot give my family the stress of having me enter a convent OVERSEAS. Yikes! I guess the abandoned St Louis foundation is God's voice telling me I am NOT called to this order. :cry:
[/quote]
This just caught my attention since I am going through something similar with my family. Sometimes I find myself thinking "I can't do ____ because it would hurt my family too much." I'm slowly learning that yes family is important but you have to make your own decisions and sometimes those will cause some stress to those close to you. So if you really feel like you might be called to this community then check it out a bit further.

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1335814447' post='2425289']
[/quote]

I have struggled with my own family disapproval so I can sympathise with what you are saying.

A very wise sister once reminded me that if our families are in pain, it is not because we have hurt them. It may be a consequence of our choice but there is a difference between that and saying we have hurt them. There will always be separation in life, whether you get married or are a religious or remain single. We must remember that their pain is not due to a deliberately hurtful action from us. Our families want nothing more than to see us happy. They may be upset at first but as so many families before them their peace will come from seeing us happy and fulfilled in our vocations.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1335820981' post='2425360']
This just caught my attention since I am going through something similar with my family. Sometimes I find myself thinking "I can't do ____ because it would hurt my family too much." I'm slowly learning that yes family is important but you have to make your own decisions and sometimes those will cause some stress to those close to you. So if you really feel like you might be called to this community then check it out a bit further.
[/quote]

I completely agree and we have to remember the sacrifices the early "pioneer sisters" were willing to go through who came to this country to set up schools and hospitals, who left their homes, families, country, culture, in order to give us not only healthcare services and education but also the Faith. They went through struggles that we cannot even imagine. They traveled by boat for months just to get to this country and once they arrived many of them knew absolutely no one, had little to eat, etc. etc. But they understood what many of us seem to miss: Following Christ is a life of sacrifice..."laying down ones life" in service to others without counting the cost.

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1335820981' post='2425360']
[/quote]

Don't forget what Our Lord said about the one who was not ready to leave mother, father, brother, sister, children was not worthy of Him - sorry probably phrased a bit wrong but you all know, I am sure, what I mean. If God calls us, we must go WHEREVER He calls - far or near - and He will give many and special graces and help to the the ones we leave behind. We can't put other's feelings or wants before God's. God should be first, family, others and then ourselves. Sure it's hard but it's God's way. If you are meant to go far (or near) away to an order, God will give you the grace to live the life and your family the grace to let you go and live without you (other than visits, etc.).

Don't lose your vocation because you didn't put God first, it may be hard to explain to Him why you chose others before/instead of Him when you stand before Him. But with His love, grace and mercy, we can all do this, go where He wills us, and persevere if it is His will for us.

Edited by Chiara Francesco