An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters Of Mary Mother Of Israel's Hope Website

Roseoftherese

They are still in the process of moving in to their home here in St. Louis, and also have to contend with the upcoming departure of Archbishop Burke, who promised his personal support. So----I'd give them a little more time to set up the website.

AccountDeleted

The newsletter is in the process of being written right now so hopefully the website won't be too far behind. As stlmom said, we have only been in town for a week so it will take awhile to get things rolling. Patience is a virtue (that I don't really have ^_^ ) and I always ask God to hurry up and give me some -- but please do be patient!

In the meantime, if you do have any enquiries, please feel free to email me [email=anniemac@calequus.com]anniemac@calequus.com[/email]

Edited by nunsense

Roseoftherese

[quote name='nunsense' post='1589190' date='Jul 2 2008, 12:33 PM']The newsletter is in the process of being written right now so hopefully the website won't be too far behind. As stlmom said, we have only been in town for a week so it will take awhile to get things rolling. Patience is a virtue (that I don't really have ^_^ ) and I always ask God to hurry up and give me some -- but please do be patient!

In the meantime, if you do have any enquiries, please feel free to email me [email=anniemac@calequus.com]anniemac@calequus.com[/email][/quote]

Thanks Nunsense!

gloriagurl

[quote name='nunsense' post='1589190' date='Jul 2 2008, 02:33 PM']The newsletter is in the process of being written right now so hopefully the website won't be too far behind. As stlmom said, we have only been in town for a week so it will take awhile to get things rolling. Patience is a virtue (that I don't really have ^_^ ) and I always ask God to hurry up and give me some -- but please do be patient!

In the meantime, if you do have any enquiries, please feel free to email me [email=anniemac@calequus.com]anniemac@calequus.com[/email][/quote]

WOW Nunsense, it's so good to hear that you are "in town" and getting settled. This is so exciting. I have such a great hope for The Daughters of Mary Mother of Israel's Hope. Have you ever seen the two art prints that list the Hebrew Names/Titles for God and the Names of Jesus? They are so beautiful and I was thinking they would be PERFECT to have in the convent. The posters themselves are around $20.00....if you get them framed by the company the price goes up to around $150 or so each which I think is expenseive...you could frame them nicely for less. If you'd like to know the url of a website that has them, PM me and I'll give it to you. I'm sure there are many needs but if someone is looking to give a "smaller" type gift and you like the looks of the posters you could suggest they give framed prints to the convent - I think they would be marvelously inspirational.

Prayers are with you. Any pictures of your marvelous habit just yet? May the Holy Spirit continue to guide you each step of the way.

Peace.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='gloriagurl' post='1591839' date='Jul 5 2008, 04:15 AM']WOW Nunsense, it's so good to hear that you are "in town" and getting settled. This is so exciting. I have such a great hope for The Daughters of Mary Mother of Israel's Hope. Have you ever seen the two art prints that list the Hebrew Names/Titles for God and the Names of Jesus? They are so beautiful and I was thinking they would be PERFECT to have in the convent. The posters themselves are around $20.00....if you get them framed by the company the price goes up to around $150 or so each which I think is expenseive...you could frame them nicely for less. If you'd like to know the url of a website that has them, PM me and I'll give it to you. I'm sure there are many needs but if someone is looking to give a "smaller" type gift and you like the looks of the posters you could suggest they give framed prints to the convent - I think they would be marvelously inspirational.

Prayers are with you. Any pictures of your marvelous habit just yet? May the Holy Spirit continue to guide you each step of the way.

Peace.[/quote]

The habit is in the hands of two absolutely wonderful seamstresses here in St Louis and they have been letting us try one on while we determine what changes need to be made each time. The final design is not yet completed, but part of the reason for that is finding the right fabric material in the right color. Some fabrics are too hot, some wrinkle too much and others don't have the right color or don't wash well. It is a very fun time and we are all praying to Our Lady to help us - so please add your prayers to ours!

It is wonderful that so many people do want to contribute to the community is some way, and the idea of prints is a very good one. We have had people offer statues and pictures and there have been many other wonderful gift ideas from people. Of course, we are very grateful for the love and support of everyone. The greatest gift of all is your prayers of course, and we thank God for blessing the community with so many supporters and benefactors.

Blessed be God forever.

We're glad you're here. Many prayers. Will you all remain in St. Louis with the departure of Arch. Burke?

AccountDeleted

[quote name='shortnun' post='1592216' date='Jul 5 2008, 01:03 PM']We're glad you're here. Many prayers. Will you all remain in St. Louis with the departure of Arch. Burke?[/quote]

Absolutely. Depending on whether or not it is possible, Bishop Herman may celebrate the consecration Mass for us (along with other priests concelebrating). We are all praying that we can go ahead as scheduled, but as in all things, may the Lord's Will be done!

• 2 weeks later...
DefenderofGod

[quote name='nunsense' post='1592364' date='Jul 5 2008, 08:31 PM']Absolutely. Depending on whether or not it is possible, Bishop Herman may celebrate the consecration Mass for us (along with other priests concelebrating). We are all praying that we can go ahead as scheduled, but as in all things, may the Lord's Will be done![/quote]

Praying for Rosalind Moss and her new order everyday. Hoping to make the consecration Mass set originally in late September, God willing.

Rising_Suns

[quote name='Roseoftherese' post='1588464' date='Jul 1 2008, 05:23 PM']The homepage has said 'coming soon' for a while now.[/quote]

What is the URL?

I have heard it said that this Order will accept women from all ages. I hope the Foundress will only accept women who have lived chastely and in accordance with Holy Mother Church. For more information on what this means, see the thread about Consecrated Virgins.

I will pray for all in discernment.

Beatus

Laudem Gloriae

The website link is [url="http://www.motherofisraelshope.org/"]http://www.motherofisraelshope.org/[/url] - and, as stated, still says "Coming Soon".

Rising_Suns

[quote name='Laudem Gloriae' post='1602386' date='Jul 17 2008, 11:47 PM']The website link is [url="http://www.motherofisraelshope.org/"]http://www.motherofisraelshope.org/[/url] - and, as stated, still says "Coming Soon".[/quote]

Thank you.

Chiquitunga

[quote name='Beatus' post='1602207' date='Jul 17 2008, 03:49 PM']I have heard it said that this Order will accept women from all ages. I hope the Foundress will only accept women who have lived chastely and in accordance with Holy Mother Church. For more information on what this means, see the thread about Consecrated Virgins.

I will pray for all in discernment.

Beatus[/quote]
Beatus, first all people are called to live chastely, whether they are married or not.

Regarding being a virgin and entering religious life, many great saints were married before they entered, like St. Rita of Casia, St. Bridget of Sweden, Bl. Marie of the Incarnation, OCD and many many others. It is not necessarily a requirement to be a virgin to enter religious life or the priesthood.

It [i]is[/i] a requirement to be a virgin to receive the Rite of Consecrated Virginity, yes, but not necessarily for religious life or the priesthood.

Edited by Margaret Clare