An Old School Catholic Message Board

Non-traditional Wedding Dresses

friendofJPII

Non-traditional wedding dresses  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

friendofJPII

I think some of those outfits on the "modbe" sight are very low cut! :ohno: Not to graphic here, but most of their models are small busted, if you have a fuller chest and/or have a short torso you will show cleavage in those suits! Who are they kidding?

Edited by friendofJPII

friendofJPII

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1607630' date='Jul 24 2008, 04:52 PM']+J.M.J.+
because you say so? :huh: because it's your personal taste? what if it's a 'family' color? what if the dress is the dress her mom/grandma wore? what if it's a cultural thing? what if it's a country thing? or what if they just like the color? :hehe:[/quote]

Colors convey meaning....and I'm refering to women from Western cultures, primarily.

Edited by friendofJPII

homeschoolmom

I understand... but I think your wording is incorrect. Wearing a black (or any other color) dress does not make a woman impure.

homeschoolmom

At my daughter's First Communion, there was one little girl who did not wear a white dress. She was wearing a powder blue dress with a powder blue veil. I had never seen anything like it in all the shopping I had done with my daughter. It was clearly a family heirloom and I'm going to guess that it went back more than one generation.

Does this make this little girl less pure?

Nonsense.

friendofJPII

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1607646' date='Jul 24 2008, 05:04 PM']At my daughter's First Communion, there was one little girl who did not wear a white dress. She was wearing a powder blue dress with a powder blue veil. I had never seen anything like it in all the shopping I had done with my daughter. It was clearly a family heirloom and I'm going to guess that it went back more than one generation.

Does this make this little girl less pure?

Nonsense.[/quote]

No, it does not make her less pure, she's a child. I never said the color of a dress made a woman impure, all I said was that color conveys feeling and often is symbolic. But I believe her mother erred in dressing her daughter in a way that differed from American, Catholic tradition. Like it or not, the little girl was drawing attention to herself, and that is not appropriate for a first communion ceremony where the attention should be on Christ in the Eucharist.

Edited by friendofJPII

homeschoolmom

You said that a bride's purity is not [i]solely determined [/i]by the color of her dress. I would maintain that her PURITY is in NO WAY determined AT ALL by the color of her dress.

As for the Communion girl... would you say the same thing to the parents of the one and only boy who wore a white suit?