An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama's 645 Billion Dollar Un Poverty Plan

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

[url="http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=70308"]http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...mp;pageId=70308[/url]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1608812' date='Jul 25 2008, 09:44 PM'][url="http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=70308"]http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...mp;pageId=70308[/url][/quote]

booo anti poverty?

dow did they get that individual number? Just divide 645 billion by 300,000,000?

dominicansoul

all obama needs to do is stop government funding to planned parenthood, and give it to the poor

better yet, give it to me.. I [i]am[/i] the poor! :topsy:

I already pay taxes in two different countries on the same income. There goes any hope of ever getting a refund again.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1608843' date='Jul 26 2008, 11:56 AM']booo anti poverty?[/quote]
What makes you think every American family has $2,500 to give to the poor with all the other taxes we already pay?

wow.. an article from World Net Daily.. Now that's good journalism..

We seem to have NO problem finding 12 billion a month for military purposes. Why are we in Iraq again? I would highly doubt the reason is more important than global poverty..

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Didymus' post='1609069' date='Jul 26 2008, 08:21 AM']We seem to have NO problem finding 12 billion a month for military purposes. Why are we in Iraq again?[/quote]

I agree with you on this.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1608992' date='Jul 26 2008, 01:45 AM']What makes you think every American family has $2,500 to give to the poor with all the other taxes we already pay?[/quote]

Firstly I have no idea how World Net Daily got that figure. You divide 640 billion by 300 million you get $2133.333333 per individual.

Secondly in case you have not noticed that is not how the American tax system works, or even how it pays for programs. If World Net Daily's assumptions were correct we should not have a deficit.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1609265' date='Jul 26 2008, 03:16 PM']Firstly I have no idea how World Net Daily got that figure. You divide 640 billion by 300 million you get $2133.333333 per individual.[/quote]

I did some research. Obviously, not all of America's 300,000,000 people will be paying that $2500. Heck, the money is supposed to help those in poverty, so why make them pay the tax?

America's poverty rate (in 2005) was 12% ([url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Poverty_59_to_05.png"]source[/url]). This means that 88% are above the poverty line, or 264,000,000 people.

($640,000,000,000 / 264,000,000 people) = $2,443.18 per person

Close enough for me. :idontknow:

Edited by mommas_boy

Oh wait. Just read the article. It's $845B, not $645B.

Also, the picture of him in front of superman is hysterical. He had to know that social conservatives would jump all over him for that, and yet he still posed?

As for the initiative itself, I have mixed feelings: good and bad.

• 2 months later...
Lounge Daddy

It doesn't matter if these plans makes sense; it only matters if they sound good and feel good. Mussolini once said, "It is faith that moves mountains, not reason. Reason is a tool, but it can never be the motivating force of the crowd."

dairygirl4u2c

african poverty has the chance to be eradicated. this is something that is too difficult for charity alone to do, ie, it's an exigant circumstance.

all this stuff about people being inconveneience with taxes... (the median which is the better guage tax would be much lower than the average) it's showing that people are anti-ridding-poverty, ie they're party line to the point of people dying, ie a very twisted culture of death indeed.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1669236' date='Oct 3 2008, 11:42 AM']african poverty has the chance to be eradicated.[/quote]
Dumb

:wacko:

Africa has more problems then America has money to fix.

Oh yeah, we don't have any money, we are in debt up to our eyeballs

Good call Dairygirl

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1669216' date='Oct 3 2008, 10:40 AM']It doesn't matter if these plans makes sense; it only matters if they sound good and feel good. Mussolini once said, "It is faith that moves mountains, not reason. Reason is a tool, but it can never be the motivating force of the crowd."[/quote]

true.