An Old School Catholic Message Board

Did Mein Kampf Influence Islamic Terror?

KnightofChrist

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1665514' date='Sep 27 2008, 11:55 PM']That is why I put "orthodox" in scare quotes, the extremists are orthodox Muslims only in their own minds.[/quote]

And what, pray tell, do you know about Islam? How can you say the extremists are not orthodox, devout or good Muslims?

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1665604' date='Sep 28 2008, 05:56 AM']And what, pray tell, do you know about Islam? How can you say the extremists are not orthodox, devout or good Muslims?[/quote]

With all due respect you do not need to be lecturing any over their ignorance of Islam. You make, on an astonishingly regular basis, silly claims that are either simply factually wrong, utterly unverifiable by scientific methodology, or simply borderline bigoted/raciest.
Some “extremists” are devout Muslims. The qualification of them being “good” is unverifiable as that is largely contingent of what other people believe about Islam.

• 2 weeks later...
Saint Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1665524' date='Sep 28 2008, 12:07 AM']. considered by whom?

there are over a billion Muslims on the planet. Any time Madam V or anyone makes a broad, universal statement about "Muslims", "what Muslims want", "why Muslins act" she (or anyone, I make broad statement occasionally and am just as wrong for it) is wrong. It is astonishingly asinine to make any generalizations about the beliefs or motivations of a group of people with over a billion members spread out across numerous continents, cultures, languages, and political structures.[/quote]

Actually, its quite logical to make generalizations about a group based on averages of the group's behavior.
That's why its so insane that at the airport they search little old ladies when 99% of all terrorism in the last thirty years has been committed by an Arab Muslim or Muslim from an asian country.
You can't refute the facts.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1671885' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:14 AM']Actually, its quite logical to make generalizations about a group based on averages of the group's behavior.
That's why its so insane that at the airport they search little old ladies when 99% of all terrorism in the last thirty years has been committed by an Arab Muslim or Muslim from an asian country.
You can't refute the facts.[/quote]

You sure can't.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1671885' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:14 AM']Actually, its quite logical to make generalizations about a group based on averages of the group's behavior.[/quote]

Sure.

And as the overwhelming majority of Muslims in the world have never engadged in terroristic activities it is an unfair generalization

[quote]That's why its so insane that at the airport they search little old ladies when 99% of all terrorism in the last thirty years has been committed by an Arab Muslim or Muslim from an asian country.[/quote]

Can only NGO's be terrorist organizations in your oppinion?

[quote]You can't refute the facts.[/quote]

Well, MV and a number of others here sure try.

Saint Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1672248' date='Oct 7 2008, 08:21 PM']Sure.

And as the overwhelming majority of Muslims in the world have never engadged in terroristic activities it is an unfair generalization

Can only NGO's be terrorist organizations in your oppinion?

Well, MV and a number of others here sure try.[/quote]
I don't believe its an unfair generalization.
Not only are most terrorists Muslims, but most Muslim countries are extremists.
Its possible that there are some non extremist Muslims but I don't that's representative of the majority.

I realize that I will be opening myself up for abuse, but here goes. Yes, many terrorists are Muslim, but they are not the only terrorists in the world. There are Irish terrorists, Basque separatist terrorists, Sikh terrorists (Air India bombing), Tamil Tigers (mostly Hindu), and as I recall, the OKC federal building was taken down by a couple of good old fashion white Christians.

I will now go cover my head so the stomping can begin.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1672674' date='Oct 8 2008, 10:49 AM']I realize that I will be opening myself up for abuse, but here goes. Yes, many terrorists are Muslim, but they are not the only terrorists in the world. There are Irish terrorists, Basque separatist terrorists, Sikh terrorists (Air India bombing), Tamil Tigers (mostly Hindu), and as I recall, the OKC federal building was taken down by a couple of good old fashion white Christians.

I will now go cover my head so the stomping can begin.[/quote]

Are the terrorists you named committing thousands (literally) of attacks and/or carrying out other acts of oppression and violations of basic human rights [u]on every continent on the Earth[/u]?

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1672577' date='Oct 8 2008, 02:46 AM']I don't believe its an unfair generalization.
Not only are most terrorists Muslims, but most Muslim countries are extremists.
Its possible that there are some non extremist Muslims but I don't that's representative of the majority.[/quote]

Remember, when it comes to Islam and Muslims we're not talking about JUST terrorist acts. Islam can't be chalked up to JUST violent acts. We're talking also about numerous forms of oppression--particularly against women and girls--and various violations of basic human rights and freedoms. And this is [u]all. over. the. world[/u].

[quote name='Hassan' post='1665280' date='Sep 27 2008, 08:47 PM']No it is not. As I have pointed out. It is evidently untrue to anyone with even an elementary knowledge of Islam or Muslim countries.

She referenced, I assume, radical Sunni sects like al-Qaida. No they would not have. The President of Iran is a Shia Muslim and as well all know the radical Sunni groups slaughtered Shia when they took over Afghanistan.

No, just astonishingly misinformed.

Please provide evidence.

You won't because there is no data to support such an absurd and hopelessly vague claim.[/quote]

[quote name='Hassan' post='1665638' date='Sep 28 2008, 10:18 AM']With all due respect you do not need to be lecturing any over their ignorance of Islam. You make, on an astonishingly regular basis, silly claims that are either simply factually wrong, utterly unverifiable by scientific methodology, or simply borderline bigoted/raciest.
Some “extremists” are devout Muslims. The qualification of them being “good” is unverifiable as that is largely contingent of what other people believe about Islam.[/quote]

I am glad you are here to call MV out. Someone needs to.

I agree that the terrorists who pose the greatest threat are islamic terrorists, but that does NOT mean that they are a good representation of the rest of islam. MV doesn't get that (and never will, but I'm proud of you for trying :D).

Madame Vengier

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1672914' date='Oct 8 2008, 06:26 PM']I am glad you are here to call MV out. Someone needs to.

I agree that the terrorists who pose the greatest threat are islamic terrorists, but that does NOT mean that they are a good representation of the rest of islam. MV doesn't get that (and never will, but I'm proud of you for trying :D).[/quote]

And you know this how, pray tell? Why don't you share with us what you know, since you are so fixed on me being wrong.

And what makes you think Hassan (who CLAIMS to have been raised Catholic and with Jewish family members and claims also to NOT be a Muslim, but yet spends 90% of his time on PM defending Islam--erroneously--and telling others they are wrong on Islam) has any place to tell someone else they are wrong on Islam?

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1672936' date='Oct 8 2008, 08:07 PM']And you know this how, pray tell? Why don't you share with us what you know, since you are so fixed on me being wrong.

And what makes you think Hassan (who CLAIMS to have been raised Catholic and with Jewish family members and claims also to NOT be a Muslim, but yet spends 90% of his time on PM defending Islam--erroneously--and telling others they are wrong on Islam) has any place to tell someone else they are wrong on Islam?[/quote]

Since you are the one making all the outrageous claims, Madame, I think that you are the one who needs to show that we should believe you.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1672940' date='Oct 8 2008, 07:16 PM']Since you are the one making all the outrageous claims, Madame, I think that you are the one who needs to show that we should believe you.[/quote]

No....

She's right.....

I was never raised Catholic nor do I have Jewish family.

I'm a secret Muslim (much like Barrak Obama) I have come here to discredit MV. She, like the brilliant scholar Robert Spencer have learned to much about the sinister Muslim plot to retake Europe and America.

The only was to discredit her brilliant geopolitical analysis was to make it seem like she constantly made absurd claims when in fact she is right on naturally my attempts failed as her insight is right on and not at all utter non-sense :unsure:

Here is my personal picture (I'm on the left) :detective:

[img]http://www.freshnews.in/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/al_qaeda.jpg[/img]

I'm sorry for lying :sadder: