An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question For Dads And Dads-to-be

HomeTeamFamily

Try retreating into a home repairs. Become taciturn and get a second job. Do this for a few years and you'll be past the rough spots.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' post='1628583' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:40 PM']How do you deal with or prevent feeling resentment towards your wife while she is pregnant?

I find it mentally and physically challenging to go to work and come home and meet my wife laying on the couch watching television because she is not feeling well right now. That means that dinner and house chores fall on me. I dont want to sound like I am whining, but it is a struggle to feel like I am doing a good job because she is feeling bad and is in not the greatest mood to give me positive reinforcement.

I know I need to pray about it, but there has to be someone else who has gone through this and has some practical advice about this situation.

Thanks, God bless

Adam[/quote]

Do your best and realize ya aint gonna do it perfect. Also realize she IS working....just not the same way. Lastly, offer it up.

Been there , done that. For about 5 years while my wife fought cancer, she was too tired to do much of anything other than work. When she got home from work during the week, she was too tired for cooking or housework. Since her chemo was on Fridays, she spent the weekend resting and recovering. I did it all...or at least what I could (kiddo was too young to help much beyond folding socks and towels and vacuuming).

Had some benefits though:
1. learned some really good recipes (thanks Rachael Ray!)
2. got to do the chores MY WAY :man grunt here:
3. set a good example for my kiddo what type of guy to look for...when she starts dating at 30 :cool:
4. get to annoy the neighbor dads when wifey brags on how wonderful I am and their wives agree :saint:

Hang in there...you'll do fine.

Besides...she's gonna have to do the midnight feedings later.... :P

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1631845' date='Aug 19 2008, 03:40 PM']Been there , done that. For about 5 years while my wife fought cancer, she was too tired to do much of anything other than work. When she got home from work during the week, she was too tired for cooking or housework. Since her chemo was on Fridays, she spent the weekend resting and recovering. I did it all...or at least what I could (kiddo was too young to help much beyond folding socks and towels and vacuuming).

3. set a good example for my kiddo what type of guy to look for...when she starts dating at 30 :cool:
4. get to annoy the neighbor dads when wifey brags on how wonderful I am and their wives agree :saint:[/quote]

Have I told you that you rock?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1631845' date='Aug 19 2008, 04:40 PM']Do your best and realize ya aint gonna do it perfect. Also realize she IS working....just not the same way. Lastly, offer it up.

Been there , done that. For about 5 years while my wife fought cancer, she was too tired to do much of anything other than work. When she got home from work during the week, she was too tired for cooking or housework. Since her chemo was on Fridays, she spent the weekend resting and recovering. I did it all...or at least what I could (kiddo was too young to help much beyond folding socks and towels and vacuuming).

4. get to annoy the neighbor dads when wifey brags on how wonderful I am and their wives agree :saint:

Hang in there...you'll do fine.

Besides...she's gonna have to do the midnight feedings later.... :P[/quote]
Good man!

You are in the Saint-in-training dept!

• 4 weeks later...