An Old School Catholic Message Board

Soldiers Voting With Their $

kenrockthefirst

kenrockthefirst

[url="http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080814/military_donations.html?.v=1"]Military donations favor Obama over McCain[/url]

That's really surprising. The military is usually predominantly republican. The only two reasons I can think of is that the military is also a larger percentage minority than the general public, so it could be some of that, or maybe the feeling is that Obama will get us out of Iraq quicker. I guess I'm kind of surprised that military people have the extra money to donate to any political party.

Madame Vengier

Yup. I agree with CM. This is surprising for a couple different reasons.

Not sure how much I believe the general popularity of Obama, though. Seems every other day brings a new news item of how Obama is popular among some group that one we wouldn't normally expect. I just can't bring myself to believe that many Americans--especially the smart, good and decent ones who care about our future--are being seduced by his empty, meaningless rhetoric and his appalling lack of experience.

MakeYouThink

You guys are stupid enough to believe 9/11 was performed by a bunch of Arabic Terrorists, and therefore, many of you have gone to war for an illegal government who has killed its own people to launch a war.

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1630957' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:11 PM']You guys are stupid enough to believe 9/11 was performed by a bunch of Arabic Terrorists, and therefore, many of you have gone to war for an illegal government who has killed its own people to launch a war.[/quote]

Wow, I'd duck if I were you.

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1630978' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:24 PM']Wow, I'd duck if I were you.[/quote]

yeah no kidding.
i'd consider getting upset, but really it's more worth just putting her into the luny ben category. at least until she stops making conspiracy theories so much and having them be her reality, or gives decent evidence to back them or at least this one up.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1630978' date='Aug 18 2008, 07:24 PM']Wow, I'd duck if I were you.[/quote]

LOL! I thought this was a free country, where people could express they're opinions. I guess not!

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1631001' date='Aug 18 2008, 07:36 PM']yeah no kidding.
i'd consider getting upset, but really it's more worth just putting her into the luny ben category. at least until she stops making conspiracy theories so much and having them be her reality, or gives decent evidence to back them or at least this one up.[/quote]

Okay, whatever will make you sleep at night. I'm stark raving mad!

I just have an opinion, and that's all it is. You also have an opinion, equally important that should be respected.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1630957' date='Aug 18 2008, 07:11 PM']You guys are stupid enough to believe 9/11 was performed by a bunch of Arabic Terrorists,[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1631009' date='Aug 18 2008, 07:42 PM']LOL! I thought this was a free country, where people could express they're opinions. I guess not![/quote]

No, we love free speech. I mean, I think so. Most of the time. But I'm not sure what you're doing qualifies as such. I see it more as you trolling Phatmass for the sole purpose of causing trouble. I could be wrong.

MakeYouThink

I admit, I throw up some humourous things, to make people think.

Remember, Christians are on the same side. No matter what, it doesn't matter what our POV is, that we love one another. I could give you a dozen papers from structural engineer's who say that the towers couldn't have fallen by planes flying into them. I could give you a dozen papers saying that Cell Phone Technology in 2001 couldn't make several calls from planes traveling over 500 miles per hour, and what about Building 6 from scientists who decided to see if the official story was correct or not.

Anyways, I am just supporting the argument that American People are so reactionary right now that they are making stupid decisions, like supporting Obama, which I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw him.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1631027' date='Aug 18 2008, 07:53 PM']I admit, I throw up some humourous things, to make people think.[/quote]

Not really. And, arguing gets old fast. People tire of it especially when it's pedantic and goes nowhere.

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1631110' date='Aug 18 2008, 07:33 PM']Not really. And, arguing gets old fast. People tire of it especially when it's pedantic and goes nowhere.[/quote]

Then lets not argue. Who cares if 9/11 was an inside job or not.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1631009' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:42 PM']LOL! I thought this was a free country, where people could express they're opinions. I guess not![/quote]

yes, but the internet isnt, and neither is this board.....you cant say whatever you want anywhere you want....

:bash:

MissScripture

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1631027' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:53 PM']I admit, I throw up some humourous things, to make people think.

Remember, Christians are on the same side. No matter what, it doesn't matter what our POV is, that we love one another. I could give you a dozen papers from structural engineer's who say that the towers couldn't have fallen by planes flying into them. I could give you a dozen papers saying that Cell Phone Technology in 2001 couldn't make several calls from planes traveling over 500 miles per hour, and what about Building 6 from scientists who decided to see if the official story was correct or not.

Anyways, I am just supporting the argument that American People are so reactionary right now that they are making stupid decisions, like supporting Obama, which I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw him.[/quote]
And the Titanic was supposed to be indestructible. Just sayin...

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1631210' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:35 PM']yes, but the internet isnt, and neither is this board.....you cant say whatever you want anywhere you want....

:bash:[/quote]

So, this is a no free speech zone, gotya!

Where did net neutrality go to?