An Old School Catholic Message Board

More Postulant/novice News

DameAgnes

[url="http://communio.stblogs.org/2008/08/serving-the-body-of-christ-res.html"]http://communio.stblogs.org/2008/08/servin...christ-res.html[/url]

+JMJ+

Don't forget the FIVE BEAUTIFUL NOVICES IN FULL HABITS from the Cistercian Monastery that just became NOVICES! Oh, yeah! We are filling the HEART OF THE CHURCH! HAPPINESS overflows with GOOD NEWS!

Again, PAX ET BONUM FOREVER!

Beatus

[quote name='Beatus' post='1633657' date='Aug 21 2008, 01:27 PM']+JMJ+

Don't forget the FIVE BEAUTIFUL NOVICES IN FULL HABITS from the Cistercian Monastery that just became NOVICES! Oh, yeah! We are filling the HEART OF THE CHURCH! HAPPINESS overflows with GOOD NEWS!

Again, PAX ET BONUM FOREVER!

Beatus[/quote]

Wonderful! The Olivetan Benedictines in Jonesboro had two first professions, two perpetual professions and a new postulant enter. God is doing great things!

littlesister

The Little Sisters of the Poor just had six professions in the U.S. novitiate, with eight novices, and 22 make final vows at the international Motherhouse in France.

[quote name='slisa' post='1633783' date='Aug 21 2008, 05:26 PM']Wonderful! The Olivetan Benedictines in Jonesboro had two first professions, two perpetual professions and a new postulant enter. God is doing great things![/quote]

May I ask which sisters made perpetual profession? I have been on the Olivetan website and one of the sisters may be from up here in St. Louis.

[quote name='littlesister' post='1635867' date='Aug 23 2008, 07:05 PM']The Little Sisters of the Poor just had six professions in the U.S. novitiate, with eight novices, and 22 make final vows at the international Motherhouse in France.[/quote]

This is wonderful news as well; we have a Little Sisters of the Poor home here in St. Louis--any of the newly professed ever serve in St. Louis?

[quote name='stlmom' post='1639030' date='Aug 26 2008, 08:08 PM']May I ask which sisters made perpetual profession? I have been on the Olivetan website and one of the sisters may be from up here in St. Louis.

I am happy to share that Sr. Virginia Baltz is from St. Louis and Sr. Elizabeth Love is from AR. Next year please God there will be three taking perpetual vows.

This is wonderful news as well; we have a Little Sisters of the Poor home here in St. Louis--any of the newly professed ever serve in St. Louis?[/quote]

More good news:

12 young women will be entering with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist today at 4pm! Please pray for all of the new postulants! I had been accepted into this Community for this year, but as I discerned further I realized that wasn't the place God wills for me to be, but I'll save this story for another time :)

Edited by RosaMystica

It seems that the Benedictine abbey of St. Louis & St. Mary (English congregation, monastery in St. Louis) has THREE new novices: Brother Dunstan Holms, Brother Joseph Goodreau, Brother Richard Towne. Typically, new novices join the community at about the same time the school year starts.

The website (http://www.stlouisabbey.org/) provides no information about them except their names - which is typical for novices on this website - but those three names didn't used to be there! Once you're on the website, click on "The Monks" link.

This community has been growing steadily over the last six or seven years.

Let us pray for them, and thank the Lord.

dominicansoul

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1640272' date='Aug 28 2008, 07:24 AM']More good news:

12 young women will be entering with the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist today at 4pm! Please pray for all of the new postulants! I had been accepted into this Community for this year, but as I discerned further I realized that wasn't the place God wills for me to be, but I'll save this story for another time :)[/quote]
I was thinking about you today!!!

Well, I'm happy that you are following your heart because that's listening to God's will in your life.

Thank God, 12 more young women. That makes it 89 now, correct? Wow. They are getting closer to their 100 goal. Pretty soon, no more takes for the DSMME...

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1640731' date='Aug 28 2008, 05:51 PM']I was thinking about you today!!!

Well, I'm happy that you are following your heart because that's listening to God's will in your life.

Thank God, 12 more young women. That makes it 89 now, correct? Wow. They are getting closer to their 100 goal. Pretty soon, no more takes for the DSMME...[/quote]

Thank u! Keep me in your prayers!

The number is up to 87 now and i think as they reach 100 they will be opening up new foudations.

Here are pictures and an article from the DSMME website for the Final Profession, which took place on July 22. [url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/article.php?id=379"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/article.php?id=379[/url]

From Cenception (Benedictine) Abbey in northwest Missouri:

Receiving new members into the monastic community is cause for celebration and joy. On Aug 14, we were happy to welcome our postulant to officially begin his year long novitiate as Nov. Adam. The following day, the feast of the Assumption, was a special day for our former Novice Isaac who professed his simple vows for a period of three years receiving the name Br. Placid. ... We pray that the coming period of discernment for Nov. Adam and Br. Placid will be a time of spiritual growth and happiness.

At the Aug 24 Sunday Eucharist two of our junior monks, Br. Victor and Br. David, finished their period of simple vows and pronounced their perpetual solemn vows before Abbot Gregory and the monastic community.

littlesister

This is wonderful news as well; we have a Little Sisters of the Poor home here in St. Louis--any of the newly professed ever serve in St. Louis?

None of the new professed that I know of. However, one of the new perpetually professed will be assigned there.