An Old School Catholic Message Board

Behavioral Tests

praying4carmel

praying4carmel

Well Pham,

My App is finished, my Autobiography is done and I have scheduled all my Doctor Appt's. I go down to the Monastery tomm. for my Behavioral tests, and then next week to the Dr. for my MMPI and other tests as well as the interview with the Psychaiatrist. I am ready for them to tell me I am crazy! I feel like it with all this stuff that I have to do to get ready to go!!

Another woman is entering on 9/6! Hopefully, if all goes well I will enter in October. There are also several other interested people. I am very grateful to be a small part of this wonderful community. You can check out our NEW Blog at [url="http://www.smmsisters.org/blog1/wordpress/?page_id=2"]http://www.smmsisters.org/blog1/wordpress/?page_id=2[/url]

It's hard sometimes making this transition. I am excited and can't wait to go! Yet, at the same time, I am wrapping alot of things up, so there is some grieving. But emotions are part of this process and I have been assured that Joy one minute to sheer terror the next is "perfectly normal".

As an aside, please pray for a friend of mine's infant granddaughter who was Born last Sunday and is unresponsive. I mean, she is fine in health but does not respond to anything, does not cry etc. She does eat. She is in Madison right now undergoing tests. God bless her, and her family.

Also, my SD's Mother was recently diagnosed with ALS. Please pray for her also.

Love to all,
+
Nancy

this is so exciting for you!!! Prayers for your intentions. Let us know how the testing goes...I know it is quite extensive.

I've taken an MMPI. It's a bunch of like multiple choice questions. Don't try to over think them. There will be questions like "do you ever think someone is following you?" If you answer them all no thinking that to admit that will make you look crazy, the test will say you are being deceptive because at some time or other, everyone has had that feeling. Your first knee jerk response is best to truly show them your personality.

praying4carmel

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1639554' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:04 PM']I've taken an MMPI. It's a bunch of like multiple choice questions. Don't try to over think them. There will be questions like "do you ever think someone is following you?" If you answer them all no thinking that to admit that will make you look crazy, the test will say you are being deceptive because at some time or other, everyone has had that feeling. Your first knee jerk response is best to truly show them your personality.[/quote]

Thanks Catherine!

Do you know what that candle by my name Means???

praying4carmel

[quote name='alicemary' post='1639544' date='Aug 27 2008, 02:53 PM']this is so exciting for you!!! Prayers for your intentions. Let us know how the testing goes...I know it is quite extensive.[/quote]

I sure will let you guys know!

Thank you so much for your prayers Alice Mary! You are in my prayers too!

[quote name='praying4carmel' post='1639561' date='Aug 27 2008, 12:19 PM']Do you know what that candle by my name Means???[/quote]

That just means that you are currently online.

praying4carmel

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1639564' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:23 PM']That just means that you are currently online.[/quote]

Oh, It's been awhile..! The changes are really nice!

Praying for Carmel:

I'm keeping you (as well as all discerners, postulants, novices, temporary professed, vowed religious, priests and those in seminary) in my prayers. I'm sure you will make the transition just fine.

I will also pray for your friend's granddaughter; unresponsiveness could be an indication of deafness. I know that some states test newborns for deafness before they leave the hospital - do they do so in your friend's state? If it is deafness, it's not the end of the world - the baby may be perfectly healthy, and learning to communicate visually will open a whole new world for your friend, her granddaughter, and the child's parents.

praying4carmel

[quote name='Luigi' post='1639573' date='Aug 27 2008, 03:32 PM']Praying for Carmel:

I'm keeping you (as well as all discerners, postulants, novices, temporary professed, vowed religious, priests and those in seminary) in my prayers. I'm sure you will make the transition just fine.

I will also pray for your friend's granddaughter; unresponsiveness could be an indication of deafness. I know that some states test newborns for deafness before they leave the hospital - do they do so in your friend's state? If it is deafness, it's not the end of the world - the baby may be perfectly healthy, and learning to communicate visually will open a whole new world for your friend, her granddaughter, and the child's parents.[/quote]

Wow, Luigi I never thought of that..I had no Idea it possibly could be deafness. Thanks so much for your prayers! And thanks for your confidence and prayers for me as well.
God Bless,
+
Nancy

littlesister

WIth those things, anticipation is sometimes worse than reality! Hopefully the tests will turn out that way for you, too. Prayed for you today. God bless.

Priased be Jesus Christ!

Dear, I know how stressful! We are all praying for you - you are entering a lovely place of peace! I hope you can keep us posted.

TradMom

praying4carmel

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1640400' date='Aug 28 2008, 01:28 PM']So how did it go? Did they shrink your head any?[/quote]

Ha Ha ! pretty good Catherine..!

Actually the test was quite good, It took for me 4 hours, and it was a Conversation with questions pertaining to my family background, prayer life and spirituality, work history, Medical, Sexuality ( Understanding of Celibacy and Chastity) Intimacy and Emotional Intelligence etc.etc. What they are trying to find out is how your behavior matches what you say.

For example: "Tell me about your prayer life.."
How often and What styles of prayer do you use? Give me examples..
etc etc.
That discussion took awhile!

So, I thought it was pretty neat, safe, and the process was great. The questions were insightful, probing but not invasive. (Proper Boundaries).

So, Jackie will enter on Saturday the 6th at Vespers and I will go for the ceremony and that weekend. Then I will have my MMPI etc on Tuesday the 9th. I will be rested refreshed and ready for my tests.

I'll Keep checking in! Thanks for all the prayers!

Blessings,
+
Nancy