An Old School Catholic Message Board

What The Bleep Do We Know?

prose

[url="http://www.whatthebleep.com/crystals/"]http://www.whatthebleep.com/crystals/[/url]

I thought this was really interesting. What do you think? Fraud? Actual?

Actually very interesting,
I have heard of studies where one sample of water was blessed and the other wasn't and the both were covered and left out for a week

The blessed sample always came out with less harmful contaminants, than the non-blessed one.
This work seems to follow the same line.

I do not think that water in itself has a conciousness, however I do know that there is so much in this world that we don't see, feel or know that something could be causing this reaction in the water.

I don't believe that there is any consciousness involved either, but I DO believe that it makes sense that such a natural substance would react to different stimuli in such different ways. It got me to thinking about teens and their brain development. If the water in their system is exposed to music that changes the water crystals, are they permanently affecting the biochemistry of their brain?

I am sorry for not being a good debate partner because I agree with you 100%.

Similar studies have been done to plants. Playing different kind of music and monitoring the plant growth and development.

I really beleive that violence and negativity in and of itself can be harmful on a wide scale.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1640125' date='Aug 28 2008, 12:38 PM']The movie is full of poo. but fun to watch[/quote]
Defintely. The movie was made by a New Age cult that believes in this warrior from Atlantis called "Ramtha". It's come under heavy fire from the scientific community as for the most part being pseudoscience. Here's an article from the Guardian detailing the opinion of a few leading scientists on the film.

[url="http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featurepages/0,,1484925,00.html"]http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featur...1484925,00.html[/url].

Just to reference a few points made by the scientists.

Richard Dawkins:

[quote]Over-use of the word "paradigm" is a pretty good litmus for inclusion in the scientific equivalent of Pseud's Corner, and the film's "expert" talking heads score highly. Perhaps the leading one is "Ramtha", a dead warrior from Atlantis who addresses us (in a fake accent) through his "channeler", a woman called JZ (Judy) Knight, founder of the Ramtha Cult which sponsored the film. Thirty-five thousand years in the grave have not dulled Ramtha's business sense: he charges $1,000 per counselling session. Poor JZ has her work cut out.[/quote]

Clive Greated:

[quote]Masaru Emoto's photographs of water, which Amanda comes across after missing the underground train, are even more confusing. Pictures we are shown from his dark-field microscope are presumably of tiny frozen water droplets. These patterns are dependent on the complex structure of ice and are influenced by any suspended matter in the water so it is hardly surprising that he obtained lots of interesting shapes. The idea that he can change these by thought processes or by sticking messages on bottles is ridiculous though.[/quote]

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Justin86' post='1640145' date='Aug 28 2008, 12:19 AM']Defintely. The movie was made by a New Age cult that believes in this warrior from Atlantis called "Ramtha". It's come under heavy fire from the scientific community as for the most part being pseudoscience. Here's an article from the Guardian detailing the opinion of a few leading scientists on the film.

[url="http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featurepages/0,,1484925,00.html"]http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featur...1484925,00.html[/url].

Just to reference a few points made by the scientists.

Richard Dawkins:

Clive Greated:[/quote]

For once, I agree with Justin. :bigshock:

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1640174' date='Aug 28 2008, 02:13 PM']For once, I agree with Justin. :bigshock:[/quote]
You aren't the first person to use a shock smilie when agreeing with me, and you won't be the last. ;)

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Justin86' post='1640178' date='Aug 28 2008, 01:21 AM']You aren't the first person to use a shock smilie when agreeing with me, and you won't be the last. ;)[/quote]

:lol_roll:

Yeah, there had to be a good idea in your head, there is always one in every person!

[quote name='MakeYouThink' post='1640182' date='Aug 28 2008, 02:25 PM']:lol_roll:

Yeah, there had to be a good idea in your head, there is always one in every person![/quote]
If I were a smart ass I would reply that my thought of you is even a broken clock that only tells military time is right once a day, and I am a smart ass so there I said it.

Edited by Justin86

MakeYouThink

[quote name='Justin86' post='1640185' date='Aug 28 2008, 12:33 AM']If I were a smart ass I would reply that my thought of you is even a broken clock that only tells military time is right once a day, and I am a smart ass so there I said it.[/quote]

And if I were a smart ass, I would say

Go to :censored: !

:lol_roll:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Justin86' post='1640145' date='Aug 28 2008, 01:19 AM']Defintely. The movie was made by a New Age cult that believes in this warrior from Atlantis called "Ramtha".[/quote]

Specifically, a woman who CHANNELS "Ramtha"...get this...he first appeared to her in her *kitchen*.

Ramtha is HUNGRY!! :)

Ramtha also believes in abortion & apparently uses the word f*ck a lot...

Got this video as a present a couple of years ago. Did some research on it & it's a bunch of crapola. Sorry I lost track of all my sources....

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1639858' date='Aug 27 2008, 06:41 PM']I love that film. I think it speaks volumes to the power of intention and the power of positivity.[/quote]
You are the worst cynic, ever.