An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ultramontansim

Resurrexi

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KnightofChrist

Ultramontanism

A term used to denote integral and active Catholicism, because it recognizes as its spiritual head the pope,

"Summorum Pontificum" is a Apostolic Letter by Pope Benedict XVI which frees the use of the Traditional Latin Mass, which was the Mass for all Catholics before Vatican II. Which can be performed by any priest without the 'permission' from a bishop. There was great need for this Apostolic Letter because many Bishops wrongly suppressed the Traditional Mass of the Church.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1642549' date='Aug 30 2008, 04:10 PM']Ultramontanism

A term used to denote integral and active Catholicism, because it recognizes as its spiritual head the pope,

"Summorum Pontificum" is a Apostolic Letter by Pope Benedict XVI which frees the use of the Traditional Latin Mass, which was the Mass for all Catholics before Vatican II. Which can be performed by any priest without the 'permission' from a bishop. There was great need for this Apostolic Letter because many Bishops wrongly suppressed the Traditional Mass of the Church.[/quote]
I like the sound of that. :)
Null vote though; I don't know well enough.

What's your problem? It seems like every time I post something you always have some rude thing to say about me.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1642939' date='Aug 30 2008, 11:19 PM']What's your problem? It seems like every time I post something you always have some rude thing to say about me.[/quote]
[size=1][i]I think he's just pulling your leg.[/i][/size]

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1642933' date='Aug 30 2008, 10:17 PM']Wow... I can't believe how much negativity there is for the Holy Father and his decree...[/quote]
Most people have voted in favour.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1643354' date='Aug 31 2008, 11:19 AM']Most people have voted in favour.[/quote]

2 in one, 3 in the other, and 4 in the third didn't though.

what negative nellies...

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1643368' date='Aug 31 2008, 12:47 PM']2 in one, 3 in the other, and 4 in the third didn't though.

what negative nellies...[/quote]
I'm seeing way more votes now, and vast majority in favour. :)