An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ultramontansim

Resurrexi

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1644321' date='Sep 1 2008, 12:20 PM']Nice spelling of favor :)[/quote]
'Tis the Canadian way. :) It's because the French has gotten to us.
It's also 'behaviour', 'flavour', 'cheque', and I could probably think of more eventually, but it's really late right now. Up here in da mountaints. eh.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='DemonSlayer' post='1646012' date='Sep 3 2008, 03:35 AM']That's how those words should be spelt everywhere,[/quote]
We like to be different. :P (Since when it "t" a past-tense ending?)

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Winchester' post='1644413' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:13 PM']I didn't know he was into mountaineering, much less, Ultramontaning. JPII was a skier.

Which mountains has he climbed?[/quote]

:lol:

That was a tough poll, I had to go do a bunch of reading to answer that. I said yes to all, I am still a little confused by the ultramontanist thing.
Does that mean you follow the Pope over your country or anything else? If yes, then yes I am. Yessirreee.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1646017' date='Sep 3 2008, 03:43 AM']yes

no

no

:mellow:[/quote]
You're just intimidated after being forced to bask in the glory of French influence.
Oui!!

goldenchild17

[quote name='CoffeeCatholic' post='1646168' date='Sep 3 2008, 10:51 AM']I thought an ultramontanist was someone who's really proud of being from Montana.

:unsure:[/quote]

in that case... is there even one in the world?

goldenchild17

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1647725' date='Sep 4 2008, 08:42 PM']You're just intimidated after being forced to bask in the glory of French influence.
Oui!![/quote]

the bunch of fruity revolutionary types who talk funny? bah. don't think so.

:saint:

:smokey:

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/hiphop/ultramontane/"][img]http://www.phatmass.com/_images/store/cd_pics/akalyte_ultramontane_200x200.jpg[/img][/url]

Good for others...but I am not really a Tridentine Mass goer. Maybe once I learn the stuff behind what is going on I will appreciate it more...right now I just am not that into it.

*awaits the stoning*

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1647759' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:27 PM']the bunch of fruity revolutionary types who talk funny? bah. don't think so.

:saint:

:smokey:[/quote]
C'est vrai. :sadwalk: