An Old School Catholic Message Board

How To Thank A Priest?

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1648791' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:09 AM']If my current confessor will be the one to marry my future husband and I, I will get him a bottle of very good red wine. :)[/quote]

If I know your Confessor like I think...Fr. would appreciate Broadway tickets.

[quote name='BG45' post='1648794' date='Sep 5 2008, 11:14 PM']If I know your Confessor like I think...Fr. would appreciate Broadway tickets.[/quote]

Ah, indeed! Thank you, dear.

[quote name='BG45' post='1648794' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:14 AM']If I know your Confessor like I think...Fr. would appreciate Broadway tickets.[/quote]

Pirates of Penzance?

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1648791' date='Sep 6 2008, 04:09 PM']If my current confessor will be the one to marry my future husband and I, I will get him a bottle of very good red wine. :)[/quote]

I think that is something most priests would really appreciate! (together with perhaps a rosary!)

[quote name='Cow of Shame' post='1648707' date='Sep 5 2008, 09:56 PM']A dog. A LARGE dog. I mean, who doesn't love dogs? Jesus loved dogs. I'm sure I read that somewhere. It's god spelled backward. PERFECT gift.[/quote]

Dude, the Cow is back? That just made my day!

+Praised be Jesus Christ

A gift card to a local bookstore
A gift card to Amazon or an online Catholic bookstore
A Spiritual Bouquet from your local Monastery
A donation to a Monastery, Hospital, Shelter or Pro-Life Center in his name in your area
A gift card to a local restaurant

We have given all of these as gifts to our priests over the years, and they have all been successful gifts.

God bless your generosity!

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1652940' date='Sep 11 2008, 06:27 AM']Dude, the Cow is back? That just made my day![/quote]

Hooray for me!

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1648791' date='Sep 5 2008, 09:09 PM']If my current confessor will be the one to marry my future husband and I, I will get him a bottle of very good red wine. :)[/quote]

JMJ

yes, food and drink is the way to go.

We used to invite our Priest over for some good homemade Mexican cooking (even though he was Columbian, he loved it!) and our school made many of the local priests cookies and cakes after Easter. Christmas and Easter are PRIME times to give out gifts too since they are all over the place.

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1658143' date='Sep 18 2008, 04:17 AM']I randomly deliver baked goods to clergy and religious.[/quote]

yay!
I think i'm going to start doing that.

the "nuns" up the convent or as they call it "monastery", have this awesome priest from Kenya and he travels around the town making Kenyan food to everyone. It's greaattt. So he would be a little trickier to give a gift of food to. He's very healthy, which is great, so I don't know how much he'd like sweets. Maybe I can make him one of these:
[img]http://www.fruitflowers.com/images/prodImages/touchdown.jpg[/img]

Edited by melporcristo