An Old School Catholic Message Board

Top 10 Catholic Pick-up Lines...

Proud2BCatholic139

what age do you plan to get married? or that you thnk you would get married at?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='uruviel' post='1280549' date='May 24 2007, 02:26 PM']that's so stupid. To say that a girl will fall in love with a guy for saying the right words. What a shallow woman. I hate it that guys think they have this one chance, this one moment to say the PERFECT words and she will spend forever with him. It's not that simple! I mean, even if you did just want to get her attention, I hate it that they think you have to have the right words. :rolleyes:[/quote]
LOL is it reassuring that you don't need to come up with the *perfect* words in order to find your true love. But flirting is kind of a subtle way to let a gal (guy) know you are interested in her (him)...it's less awkward than most of the alternatives. At least that's what I've gathered.

But what do I know? I haven't ever flirted with another woman, at least not that I recall.
[quote]I WOULD love to go to adoration with anyone though, that would be awesome if a guy was actually interested in going to adoration with me.[/quote]
I've had a few people go to adoration with me...even if I asked a crush to go with me, it would be more about the adoration and less about her. In other words, it's something I'd probably do if I wasn't attracted to her.

[quote name='XIX' post='1280881' date='May 24 2007, 09:15 PM']LOL is it reassuring that you don't need to come up with the *perfect* words in order to find your true love. But flirting is kind of a subtle way to let a gal (guy) know you are interested in her (him)...it's less awkward than most of the alternatives. At least that's what I've gathered.

But what do I know? I haven't ever flirted with another woman, at least not that I recall.

I've had a few people go to adoration with me...even if I asked a crush to go with me, it would be more about the adoration and less about her. In other words, it's something I'd probably do if I wasn't attracted to her.[/quote]

Yes well the point is, a pick up line's intention is to get someone you DON'T know.... 's attention. Let them know you are interested in them. That is wrong in so many ways. You cannot be interested in HER unless you KNOW her. Being interested in her because of what you see or what you've heard from other people is not what most woman want to be intested in for. I don't like the idea of pick up lines.

And yes even in a relationship you should learn to grow together for love of God, learn to love each other by first loving God. Thus going to adoration would be about God not the men or the woman.

:)

[quote name='uruviel' post='1280549' date='May 24 2007, 02:26 PM']that's so stupid. To say that a girl will fall in love with a guy for saying the right words. What a shallow woman. I hate it that guys think they have this one chance, this one moment to say the PERFECT words and she will spend forever with him. It's not that simple! I mean, even if you did just want to get her attention, I hate it that they think you have to have the right words. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I didn't say that a girl would fall in love with a guy for saying that - I said she would fall [b]more[/b] in love. Like, she's already loves him, and is touched that he said something so sweet. It would be stupid to fall in love based on a few words.

and I [b]did[/b] say that they weren't really pick-up lines. They'd be more appropriate for people already in a relationship.

MissScripture

[quote name='uruviel' post='1281261' date='May 25 2007, 01:18 PM']Yes well the point is, a pick up line's intention is to get someone you DON'T know.... 's attention. Let them know you are interested in them. That is wrong in so many ways. You cannot be interested in HER unless you KNOW her. Being interested in her because of what you see or what you've heard from other people is not what most woman want to be intested in for. I don't like the idea of pick up lines.

And yes even in a relationship you should learn to grow together for love of God, learn to love each other by first loving God. Thus going to adoration would be about God not the men or the woman.

:)[/quote]
Well, how are you supposed to get to know people if you don't TALK to them? And what is wrong with being interested in someone based on what you've heard from other people about them? I guess I don't understand what the major issue is, here...?

talking to someone to get the know them is really the only way, I have nothing against that! The intention of a pick up line is very self explanitory, I don't really agree with it. To say something 'charming' in a way to get someone's attention. I'm sorry.

:lol_roll: no! I'm referring to the normal pick up lines, that are sometimes even rude. I just don't like the idea! I believe you can get someone's attention in a different way, rather than reciting a line you memorized from phatmass! haha...

[quote name='uruviel' post='1283006' date='May 28 2007, 11:36 PM']:lol_roll: no! I'm referring to the normal pick up lines, that are sometimes even rude. I just don't like the idea! I believe you can get someone's attention in a different way, rather than reciting a line you memorized from phatmass! haha...[/quote]

But it's much funnier that way. Personally, I find pick up lines hilarious, catholic or noncatholic. Although I've never had a 'catholic' pick up line used on me, I've had the regular types and they have never failed to make me laugh.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Didacus' post='1275549' date='May 16 2007, 11:23 PM']"My faith seems stronger when I'm near you."
"If beauty is in the eye of the beholder heaven itself is before my eyes."
"You are the ultimate test of my faith, and the greatest reason I wish to hold to it."
"If my children will be as beautiful as you I can't wait to see them!"
"Your beauty reminds me the humility and respect to which a man should hold."
OK... been married 7 years, I might be a bit rusty here. What do you think?[/quote]

:applause: those were great!!!! Loved them!

ofpheritup

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='14717' date='Aug 6 2003, 11:20 PM']here you go...i always had this but wanted to share w/ ya newbies!!!
enjoy!!

TOP TEN CATHOLIC PICK UP LINES

10. May I offer you a light for that votive candle?

9. Hi there. My buddy and I were wondering if you would settle a dispute we're having. Do you think the word should be pronounced HOMEschooling, or homeSCHOOLing?

8. Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper.

7. What's a nice girl like you doing at a First Saturday Rosary Cenacle like this?

6. You don't like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common!

5. Let's get out of here. I know a much cozier little Catholic bookstore downtown.

4. I bet I can guess your confirmation name.

3. You've got stunning scapular-brown eyes.

2. Did you feel what I felt when we reached into the holy water font at the same time?

1. Confess here often?
:P[/quote]
These are without a doubt the most pathetic, lame and weak lines.
And because of that the absolute....cutest.
Girls will take pity on you because you are trying to hard and looking so pitiful.

These "lines" are actually a step up from what I had to listen to.
The one I heard the most was "What's your sign?"
My answer, "CLOSED!" :rolleyes:

[quote name='ofpheritup' post='1283288' date='May 29 2007, 10:26 AM']These "lines" are actually a step up from what I had to listen to.
The one I heard the most was "What's your sign?"
My answer, "CLOSED!" :rolleyes:[/quote]

I always wanted to say "NEON" to that but being a guy i don't get pick up lines directed at me :)

MissScripture

We had a teacher who told us if anyone ever asked us what it was we should answer either, "A STOP sign!" or "Rail Road crossing." :mellow:

[quote name='onathing1' post='1283176' date='May 29 2007, 01:08 AM']But it's much funnier that way. Personally, I find pick up lines hilarious, catholic or noncatholic. Although I've never had a 'catholic' pick up line used on me, I've had the regular types and they have never failed to make me laugh.[/quote]

they are funny but they are pathetic.

johnnydigit

LOL. oddly, some of those are actually quite true.

8. Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how
cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid
jumper.

^hey but i do like those more. how about, "you look adorable in that veil!"

5. Let's get out of here. I know a much cozier
little Catholic bookstore downtown.

^true. Crusadestores in downtown Santa Ana!

^good one.

1. Confess here often?

^i can see that actually happening.

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='823209' date='Dec 13 2005, 10:07 AM']Want to go to Adoration with me?? (I got that one before.)[/quote]

I ASK THAT ALL THE TIME! it rarely works for me. people get so "busy"..

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='14717' date='Aug 6 2003, 10:20 PM']here you go...i always had this but wanted to share w/ ya newbies!!!
enjoy!!

TOP TEN CATHOLIC PICK UP LINES

10. May I offer you a light for that votive candle?

9. Hi there. My buddy and I were wondering if you would settle a dispute we're having. Do you think the word should be pronounced HOMEschooling, or homeSCHOOLing?

8. Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper.

7. What's a nice girl like you doing at a First Saturday Rosary Cenacle like this?

6. You don't like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common!

5. Let's get out of here. I know a much cozier little Catholic bookstore downtown.

3. You've got stunning scapular-brown eyes.

2. Did you feel what I felt when we reached into the holy water font at the same time?

1. Confess here often?
:P[/quote]

[quote name='avemaria40' post='848246' date='Jan 6 2006, 05:30 PM']Or, for a guy to a girl, "you look so beautiful in that mantilla you wear to Mass"

another one, "Do you like my chastity ring?"

"It's meatless Friday, wanna get some fish filets?"

"that halo really makes you glow!"

"You're prolife too? Wow, we have so much in common!"

"Can you help me with my Church Latin? I'm a little rusty and I heard you're amazing!"

"(Insert Catholic band name here) is having a concert on Saturday night, want to go with me?"

Hope you guys like these![/quote]

[quote name='Brigid' post='1273530' date='May 14 2007, 07:18 PM']so my boyfriend's a phatmasser, and he used this one on me. :blush:

thankfully, there's a variation. ^_^ he has these gorgeous light blue eyes (completely not the color of a scapular), so my response to him was "you have beautiful Marian-blue eyes!"

here's a few more of my favorites:

-My guardian angel thinks you're cute.
-I have a vocation to the married life. will you help me out?
-Didn't I see your face on a holy card somewhere?
-Ah, so you're what happened to my missing rib.

:lol_roll:[/quote]

[quote name='Didacus' post='1275549' date='May 16 2007, 09:23 PM']"My faith seems stronger when I'm near you."
"If beauty is in the eye of the beholder heaven itself is before my eyes."
"You are the ultimate test of my faith, and the greatest reason I wish to hold to it."
"If my children will be as beautiful as you I can't wait to see them!"
"Your beauty reminds me the humility and respect to which a man should hold."
OK... been married 7 years, I might be a bit rusty here. What do you think?[/quote]

:lol_roll: HILARIOUS! i will try these!