An Old School Catholic Message Board

Poor Clare Sisters From Roswell, Nm

LilyofSaintMaria

LilyofSaintMaria

Hello everyone!

Recently we have been asked (my sister and I) by the Poor Clare sisters located in Roswell to interview their recent postulant about their life. This interview will be published in our magazine, Saint Maria's Messenger. I thought that some of you probably have questions on your mind that you would like to ask a Poor Clare to be.
The postulant, Carrianne, suggested to contact our peers to ask them what they would like to ask her, so that's why I decided to post here. Perhaps you could list them for me so that I can include them in the interview?
Thanks so much for your time!

Bernadette

It is simple, but clarifying, You are drawn to a contmeplative order, Why the Poor Clares as opposed to Carmelites, Carthusian, Dominicans, Camaldolese, Norbettine or Pink Nuns etc?

Often I wonder hopw someone slects a community and then a particular monastery within that community

Antoniette

puellapaschalis

Oeh! I've asked a few of my friends here what they'd ask. Some of them have met the Poor Clare nuns in Eindhoven but maybe they'll also have questions for a postulant in the US too :)

Domine ut Videam

My question: Was there a moment that you knew that God was calling you to the religious life?

What advice would you give to someone who feels called to the rel. life. but has no idea where God wants her other than that?

[quote name='LilyofSaintMaria' post='1652152' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:27 AM']Hello everyone!

Recently we have been asked (my sister and I) by the Poor Clare sisters located in Roswell to interview their recent postulant about their life. This interview will be published in our magazine, Saint Maria's Messenger. I thought that some of you probably have questions on your mind that you would like to ask a Poor Clare to be.
The postulant, Carrianne, suggested to contact our peers to ask them what they would like to ask her, so that's why I decided to post here. Perhaps you could list them for me so that I can include them in the interview?
Thanks so much for your time!

Bernadette[/quote]

Is it a hard life?

LilyofSaintMaria

Thanks for the questions. . . keep them coming.
It will take me sometime to get everything set to interview her, but I do plan to put this interview up here for you guys/gals after it is all finished and published. So don't think your questions are without answers! :)

Thanks again,
Bernadette

puellapaschalis

Here are those that came from our forum:

Do you see the postulancy as part of your religious life or as part of your discernment?
Why did you choose this [particular] monastery?
Are you a "cradle Catholic" or did you become Catholic later in life?
What do you expect monastery life to be like?
What do you miss the most [about life "outside"]?
What is your view about women in holy orders?*

*The original question, in Dutch, is [i]hoe sta je tegenover vrouwen in het ambt?[/i], lit. how do you stand opposite [i.e. with regards] women in Church leadership? (Or thereabouts at least) The question basically asks about the issue of women priests.

• 1 month later...
LilyofSaintMaria

Good questions. . . we are getting ready to put it all together. Thought to ask one last time if anyone else has any more questions they would like to ask.

Thanks a bunch!

Bernadette

puellapaschalis

[quote name='LilyofSaintMaria' post='1681926' date='Oct 20 2008, 08:44 PM']Good questions. . . we are getting ready to put it all together. Thought to ask one last time if anyone else has any more questions they would like to ask.

Thanks a bunch!

Bernadette[/quote]

Nope, just a friend asking when the "finished product" would be available! :)