An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lutheran And Non Demonintaional Christians Will Acheive Salvation

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1652618' date='Sep 10 2008, 07:37 PM']God bless man, didnt mean to bring you in that yesterday. I got carried away, I think I need meds. :detective:[/quote]

talking about me? eh no big. My beliefs are considered pretty extreme nowadays. Doesn't really bother me how people react. I kind of like it :), makes for a fun day.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1652641' date='Sep 10 2008, 07:52 PM']talking about me? eh no big. My beliefs are considered pretty extreme nowadays. Doesn't really bother me how people react. I kind of like it :), makes for a fun day.[/quote]

haha its an art

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1652643' date='Sep 10 2008, 07:53 PM']I actually have Lutheran family members. ^_^[/quote]

ya, thats why i really like the " and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers" part of that.

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1652643' date='Sep 10 2008, 07:53 PM']I actually have Lutheran family members. ^_^[/quote]

double post

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1652645' date='Sep 10 2008, 07:53 PM']haha its an art[/quote]

:) yep. and just so you know I don't believe what I believe without real-life ramifications. Outside of my immediate family (parents and siblings) all of my family is Protestant either practicing or not. My grandfather died a couple years ago and had the funeral in his Lutheran church. So it does hit close to home. I'm not just saying things to blow smoke :).

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1652697' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:52 PM']:) yep. and just so you know I don't believe what I believe without real-life ramifications. Outside of my immediate family (parents and siblings) all of my family is Protestant either practicing or not. My grandfather died a couple years ago and had the funeral in his Lutheran church. So it does hit close to home. I'm not just saying things to blow smoke :).[/quote]
Aye, and my family is precisely the same, except that I have no siblings, and both of my parents are protestant.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1652697' date='Sep 10 2008, 09:52 PM']:) yep. and just so you know I don't believe what I believe without real-life ramifications. Outside of my immediate family (parents and siblings) all of my family is Protestant either practicing or not. My grandfather died a couple years ago and had the funeral in his Lutheran church. So it does hit close to home. I'm not just saying things to blow smoke :).[/quote]

For sure, and you can hope confidently for their salvation through their faith and love for the lord.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1652700' date='Sep 10 2008, 09:54 PM']Aye, and my family is precisely the same, except that I have no siblings, and both of my parents are protestant.[/quote]

thats pretty cool you are cathoilc, how old are you ?

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1652703' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:54 PM']For sure, and you can hope confidently for their salvation through their faith and love for the lord.[/quote]

we'll just have to agree to disagree unfortunately :smokey:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1652700' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:54 PM']Aye, and my family is precisely the same, except that I have no siblings, and both of my parents are protestant.[/quote]

I just went to your profile and seen you're 16. You must really be on fire for God. If you dont mind me asking how did you come to your cathlolic faith with haveing two parents that are protestants? Thats pretty cool. :smokey:

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1652712' date='Sep 10 2008, 08:58 PM']we'll just have to agree to disagree unfortunately :smokey:[/quote]

lol i guess ??
so you have no hope for them ??

Are they baptised ??
Because if they are i really dont see how you can make a case.

All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church." -CCC, paragraph 818

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1652703' date='Sep 10 2008, 07:54 PM']For sure, and you can hope confidently for their salvation through their faith and love for the lord.[/quote]

"Man is not saved by faith alone..." (James 2:24)

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1652719' date='Sep 10 2008, 09:04 PM']"Man is not saved by faith alone..." (James 2:24)[/quote]

nope, I believe love does produce works though.
faith alone is dead, agreed.

Edited by Guest