An Old School Catholic Message Board

Death Magnetic

Sparky

I went ahead and downloaded it last week, its just so amazing. I wanted to go buy it at best today, the album + guitar hero download but...hurricane

Edited by Fixxxer

[quote name='Sparky' post='1654192' date='Sep 12 2008, 07:27 PM']THRASH IS BACK!!![/quote]

Really? I gave up on Metallica after the black album.

The new one is really good. Actual guitar solos reminiscent of their albums before Black. Of course there are also the softer parts in the album, but definitely musically better than Black album.

[quote name='DemonSlayer' post='1656576' date='Sep 16 2008, 03:07 AM']So basically its their first thrash album in 20 years.[/quote]

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Edited by Sparky

Hetfields voice still sounds like croutons, and I can't stand the sound of the Lars' drums, I still here a garbage can instead of a snare.

IMO Metallica will never be what it was before the black album ever again.

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1656752' date='Sep 16 2008, 12:30 PM']Hetfields voice still sounds like croutons, and I can't stand the sound of the Lars' drums, I still here a garbage can instead of a snare.

IMO Metallica will never be what it was before the black album ever again.[/quote]
Too true, too true :nocomment:

I hold a reserved, but positive opinion of this album.

Everything said by St. Olaf holds true.

Nevertheless, the overall attempt (as well as the sound produced) is by FAR the best we've seen of this legendary band since the [i]Black Album[/i] or even - dare I say it - [i]And Justice For All[/i]. The band managed to do this by finally gathering the courage to replace Bob Rock, their old manager, who led them down the dark path of "pop-evolution".

At least their songs have finally drifted back into the epic-length categories of six to eight minutes. Kirk has finally returned to wailing out great solos (although his lack of practice shows), rather than taking a back seat to the rest of the band. Moreover, the overall "mood" of the album returns once again to the dark-but-intelligent attitude of the classic albums.

Even with reservations, I am exceedingly happy that Metallica seems pointed back in the right direction. I am hopeful that the success of this album (its first week looks to net more than 500k copies sold) will convince them to push even harder, back into the thrash-speed metal of their youth. They are not too old to pull it off one more time.

...and oh, how wondrous a finale that would be.

Edited by Ziggamafu

[quote name='DemonSlayer' post='1656576' date='Sep 16 2008, 04:07 AM']So basically its their first thrash album in 20 years.[/quote]

Death magnetic really isnt a thrash metal album. Metallica wasnt really a thrash band ever, Kill Em All was there only thrash album they did. I really dont think lars' snare is bad on this one. As for hetfield's voice, he is getting nothing but praise about it. I saw them at ozzfest and man, his voice is on fire.