An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Electrocute My Dog. It's Funny.

dUSt

Doesn't work on Bassets. Their necks are bigger than their heads, so if they don't want something around their neck, they just take it right off.

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1654411' date='Sep 12 2008, 10:43 PM']I wonder if everyone will jump on dUst like they get at me[/quote]
My first thought too! :D Thanks for saying it for me; I would have felt awkward. :)

My family's dog used to have one of those, but he got it off somehow and chewed it up so it wouldn't stay on him anymore

Edited by nLEyETn

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1654550' date='Sep 13 2008, 07:37 AM']I couldn't do that to my dog.

He is really well behaved and really sweet, shocking him would only hurt his feelings.[/quote]

I'd consider that a good thing. Most shock collars are inhumane anyway. I did find one that was at least adjustable once, but I still couldn't bring myself to use it, especially after reading so many reviews saying how they only work until the dog gets used to the shock, anyway. There are so many alternatives to shock collars, but they take time, and unfortunately most are too lazy/don't care enough about their dogs to use the alternative method.

I had a client once who used an electric cattle prod for a cane. He'd taken shrapnel on Normandy Beach in his hip. Everyone sure steered clear of him.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1654607' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:07 PM']I had a client once who used an electric cattle prod for a cane. He'd taken shrapnel on Normandy Beach in his hip. Everyone sure steered clear of him.[/quote]

HAHAHA! That's great! :lol_roll:

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1654572' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:15 AM']I use this... much more effective!

[img]http://www.valleyvet.com/swatches/17174_L_vvs_000.jpg[/img][/quote]

I zapped myself with one of those when I was a wee one. Ever since, when my parents told me not to touch anything in a store, I listened.