An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Electrocute My Dog. It's Funny.

dUSt

Our neighbour out at our cabin in a forest-y area has a big old electric fence to keep the deer out of his garden. :D I'm afraid to touch it, but it's just so tempting!

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1654677' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:00 PM']Our neighbour out at our cabin in a forest-y area has a big old electric fence to keep the deer out of his garden. :D I'm afraid to touch it, but it's just so tempting![/quote]

It feels tingly...

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1654698' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:12 PM']I take it you've had a few encounters.... :topsy:[/quote]

Not with an actual fence, but just with leaky insulators.

[quote name='Sparky' post='1654708' date='Sep 13 2008, 03:17 PM']Our three dogs like to chew the collars off of each other. We've had to replace them numerous times. <_<[/quote]

thats why you coat items you don't want chewed in hot sauce...or bitter apple spray if you can afford the stuff

My neighbor got shock collars for his St. Bernards. They thought it was funny and totally ignored them. So he got a 50,000 volt taser, mostly to protect them from pit bulls when we take the dogs for walks. That they have a bit more respect for. He discharged it once and let them smell it, and they have been angels [mostly :)] ever since.

Inhumane? Cruel?

Gimme a break. First, the collar will beep, giving the dog a fair warning. If the dog continues to bark, it will do a small static shock.

The alternative would be to get rid of the dog or get fined by animal control a few times a week.

My dog is untrainable. I think it has a mental disorder. The shock collar is the only thing that works. In the 6 months we've been using the collar I think the dog has been shocked like 3 times. Like I said, the warning beep shuts it up very fast.

But the couple times I witnessed the shocking--yes, it was funny. Very funny.

It goes something like this...

BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, beep, BARK, BARK, [b]YIP!!![/b]

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1654763' date='Sep 13 2008, 04:18 PM']I can't believe I'm in a thread titled "I electrocute my dog. it's funny."

by dust

what is the world coming to?[/quote]

dUst needs to "i don't rep the pope" himself...he's taking a page out of my book

[quote name='dUSt' post='1654845' date='Sep 13 2008, 04:27 PM']It goes something like this...

BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, beep, BARK, BARK, [b]YIP!!![/b][/quote]

:biglol:

Kinda like when I would misbehave.

All my dad had to do was show me the belt.

I started behaving [i]REALLY [/i]fast.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1654680' date='Sep 13 2008, 01:00 PM']It feels tingly...[/quote]
This one is supposedly quite painful. It gets my dumb guy instinct working in overdrive.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1654845' date='Sep 13 2008, 04:27 PM']Inhumane? Cruel?

Gimme a break. First, the collar will beep, giving the dog a fair warning. If the dog continues to bark, it will do a small static shock.

The alternative would be to get rid of the dog or get fined by animal control a few times a week.

My dog is untrainable. I think it has a mental disorder. The shock collar is the only thing that works. In the 6 months we've been using the collar I think the dog has been shocked like 3 times. Like I said, the warning beep shuts it up very fast.

But the couple times I witnessed the shocking--yes, it was funny. Very funny.

It goes something like this...

BARK, BARK, BARK, BARK, beep, BARK, BARK, [b]YIP!!![/b][/quote]
Oh, it's for barking? I assumed it was a fenceless boundary type deal.

We had an overly aggressive dog for just a little while. We tried so hard, but couldn't train her, so we had to put her down. :weep:
...and as it happens, that's how I found phatmass. I've decided it was meant to happen. :mellow: