An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Electrocute My Dog. It's Funny.

dUSt

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1654871' date='Sep 13 2008, 04:10 PM']This one is supposedly quite painful. It gets my dumb guy instinct working in overdrive.[/quote]

Most of them are. I don't recommend touching one.

(Although I, too, am curious. It couldn't be much worse than 440v (three phase, I think) power.)

HisChildForever

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1654607' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:07 PM']I had a client once who used an electric cattle prod for a cane. He'd taken shrapnel on Normandy Beach in his hip. Everyone sure steered clear of him.[/quote]

ROFL.

When I was a young adventurous lad living on a ranch, I once went pee pee on an electric fence...

Umm, yeah, that's when I learned that electricity travels through liquid.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1654977' date='Sep 13 2008, 08:45 PM']When I was a young adventurous lad living on a ranch, I once went pee pee on an electric fence...

Umm, yeah, that's when I learned that electricity travels through liquid.[/quote]
My hero!!

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1654938' date='Sep 13 2008, 07:58 PM']Most of them are. I don't recommend touching one.

(Although I, too, am curious. It couldn't be much worse than 440v (three phase, I think) power.)[/quote]
That's just the thing though. I've never felt an electric shock. :P

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='dUSt' post='1654977' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:45 PM']When I was a young adventurous lad living on a ranch, I once went pee pee on an electric fence...

Umm, yeah, that's when I learned that electricity travels through liquid.[/quote]

LORF! I only had to do it twice to learn my lesson....

Now - can I force one of those collars on my neighbors lil yipper? Then turn it up to say, 1 bajillion volts? :rip:

That or I start packing :cowboy:

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1655293' date='Sep 14 2008, 10:55 AM']LORF! I only had to do it twice to learn my lesson....

Now - can I force one of those collars on my neighbors lil yipper? Then turn it up to say, 1 bajillion volts? :rip:

That or I start packing :cowboy:[/quote]

Or just put it on the neighbors. Dog barks--they get zapped.

some dogs will bark no matter what...the dog around the corrner from me has one and he barks anyways....its a rather hysterical bark, tho, combined with fried vocal cords

If they're actually being used constructively, and only meant as a training aid... and temporary, and not painful...
Basically if they're used humanely and lovingly, then I think it's all right.

Well, we take it off the dog every couple of weeks to see if it has learned not to bark at everything that moves. It only take it about 10 minutes to figure out that the warning beep is no longer beeping and falls right back into it's bad habit.

The dog is mentally challenged, seriously. No respect for my dominant human authority.

I think Dust should teach the dog by example. Put the collar on and bark, showing it what happens. Ignore the warning beep.

Also, make sure someone tapes it for us to see.

Edited by CatholicCid

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1656908' date='Sep 16 2008, 05:54 PM']I think Dust should teach the dog by example. Put the collar on and bark, showing it what happens. Ignore the warning beep.

Also, make sure someone tapes it for us to see.[/quote]
I'll start a fundraiser for this. If we can hit a pre-set goal, I'll do it and put the video on YouTube.