An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Ad Mocks Mccain For Being Unable To E-mail

Lounge Daddy

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1654790' date='Sep 13 2008, 04:16 PM']EXACTLY! thats what I was thinking...thanks for insulting those who are disabled or handicap. :annoyed: <_<

My grandpa lost his left ARM in war but he's mind and other abilities more than made up for it.

That is just insulting for him to do this. Low digs? Come on! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Like the media would dig up anti-Obama stuff. Or bring up Biden's plagarism which I gaurantee if Palin had that plagiarism issue......she would not make it.

She has enough with the Trooper issue (which if you read about the trooper, you wonder if he really deserves any attention but this can hurt Palin and not Obama so its okay to attack.) I am slightly worried about this issue as if they get a ruling before the election......even if she was not in the wrong, if the ruling comes against her, you lose some less-intelligent people votes who will be swayed because they rely heavily on the media.

Again this email thing is getting squat attention. If Palin made a comment like this....................................
......that would be it.

Here's the ad, if you're interested:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIlzAyueow"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIlzAyueow[/url]

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1654490' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:37 AM']Obama has zero ideas. Only childish school yard style attacks, and ripping off ideas from Kieth Olbermann and newspaper comics.

All lines of attack have backfired; including sexist talking points that put Gov Palin down by referencing "lipstick" (because Obama used the words "lipstick" and "pig" in the same sentence); and also including insane talking pints that compare Obama to Jesus, and Gov. Palin to Pilate.

Now the latest idea from the Obama camp: criticize McCain for not using e-mail, and for not typing at a computer.

First of all, the President of the United States cannot use e-mail. So the attack ad is pointless, practically speaking. President Bush used e-mail all the time as governor, but had to stop as soon as he was elected President. E-mail is insecure, and can be logged and dug up later.

But on top of that, McCain cannot type at a computer, including e-mail, or tie his shoes, or comb his hair, etc. [url="http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OTliMTNiZjg5ZDEwZWNiZDYwZWFjN2JlNjNjNjkxZmM="]His war injuries permanently damaged his fine motor skills.[/url]

Also, that does not mean that McCain is totally unfamiliar with technology, or even the Internet--unlike some other Congressmen who blow their own minds while trying to understand that "series of tubes."

Yet another nice one, Obama. Stay classy.[/quote]

It's not hard to use a mouse. Thee are a lot of keystrokes that use two fingers. Many severely handicapped people use a computer fluently for their work.

McCain is very rich. He could use a voice-activated computer.

He doesn't know what 'google" is or how to google. He refers to "the Google".

McCain looks and acts his age. I believe that he finds it hard to absorb new knowledge. He has admitted that he doesn't understand economics very well. The next president is going to have to to this, thanks to the last eight years. He is going to show his age during the debates.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='jkaands' post='1657195' date='Sep 16 2008, 10:24 PM']It's not hard to use a mouse. Thee are a lot of keystrokes that use two fingers. Many severely handicapped people use a computer fluently for their work.

McCain is very rich. He could use a voice-activated computer.

He doesn't know what 'google" is or how to google. He refers to "the Google".

McCain looks and acts his age. I believe that he finds it hard to absorb new knowledge. He has admitted that he doesn't understand economics very well. The next president is going to have to to this, thanks to the last eight years. He is going to show his age during the debates.[/quote]

Was it 'the google' or 'a google' you are referring to? The 'a google' remark was made in a joking manner when asked how he was going to pick his VP "You know, basically it's a Google," "What you can find out now on the internet - it's remarkable."

From that joke we can see two things one McCain does understand what Google is all about, searching the internet. Two, like most people with handicaps he can make jokes about it. I find it remarkable that a man who was beaten by the Viet Cong so bad that it handicapped him can now laugh and joke about it. It is sad that Obama has chosen to mock that handicap and thus McCain service to this nation, and that is what Obama has done.

Quite pointless anyway, Google and email dont make a president. Experience with actual leadership matters. McCain has actual leadership in serving his country, in the Senate and Vietnam.

The last eight year via economics has been about equal with the eight years prior, the difference was the last had a Republican President which the media hates, and he prior had a Democrat President that the media loved.

Clearly the media now loves Obama and baby's him, and hates McCain and Palin taking every chance to trash and talk them down.

I don't think this thread is fair. Obama was referring to the fact that he doesnt know HOW, not that he physically can't.

It's a huge stretch to say Obama is making fun of handicapped people here. HUGE stretch.

There are lot of things to really dislike about Obama, but this one is a swing and a miss.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657259' date='Sep 16 2008, 11:43 PM']I don't think this thread is fair. Obama was referring to the fact that he doesnt know HOW, not that he physically can't.

It's a huge stretch to say Obama is making fun of handicapped people here. HUGE stretch.

There are lot of things to really dislike about Obama, but this one is a swing and a miss.[/quote]

The thread is fair it is Obama who is not being fair, use your brain, how pray tell can someone know HOW to use something if their handicap prevents them from using it to learn how?

Its like putting down a man who has no legs for not being able to walk, or knowing how to walk.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1657261' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:46 AM']The thread is fair it is Obama who is not being fair, use your brain, how pray tell can someone know HOW to use something if their handicap prevents them from using it to learn how?

Its like putting down a man who has no legs for not being able to walk, or knowing how to walk.[/quote]
[indent]Q: Do you use a blackberry or email?

Mr. McCain: No

Mark Salter: He uses a BlackBerry, just ours.

Mr. McCain: I use the Blackberry, but I don’t e-mail, I’ve never felt the particular need to e-mail. I read e-mails all the time, but the communications that I have with my friends and staff are oral and done with my cell phone. I have the luxury of being in contact with them literally all the time. We now have a phone on the plane that is usable on the plane, so I just never really felt a need to do it. But I do – could I just say, really – I understand the impact of blogs on American politics today and political campaigns. I understand that. And I understand that something appears on one blog, can ricochet all around and get into the evening news, the front page of The New York Times. So, I do pay attention to the blogs. And I am not in any way unappreciative of the impact that they have on entire campaigns and world opinion.[/indent]
[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/us/politics/13text-mccain.html?_r=4&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin"]http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin[/url]

its not that he can't, its that he doesnt really know how. he's kind of old... it doesnt surprise me. and quite frankly, i dont care whether he knows how or not. thats not relevant. what is relevant is that he will be a much better president than obama.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657266' date='Sep 16 2008, 11:54 PM'][indent]Q: Do you use a blackberry or email?

Mr. McCain: No

Mark Salter: He uses a BlackBerry, just ours.

Mr. McCain: I use the Blackberry, but I don’t e-mail, I’ve never felt the particular need to e-mail. I read e-mails all the time, but the communications that I have with my friends and staff are oral and done with my cell phone. I have the luxury of being in contact with them literally all the time. We now have a phone on the plane that is usable on the plane, so I just never really felt a need to do it. But I do – could I just say, really – I understand the impact of blogs on American politics today and political campaigns. I understand that. And I understand that something appears on one blog, can ricochet all around and get into the evening news, the front page of The New York Times. So, I do pay attention to the blogs. And I am not in any way unappreciative of the impact that they have on entire campaigns and world opinion.[/indent]
[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/us/politics/13text-mccain.html?_r=4&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin"]http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin[/url]

its not that he can't, its that he doesnt really know how. he's kind of old... it doesnt surprise me. and quite frankly, i dont care whether he knows how or not. thats not relevant. what is relevant is that he will be a much better president than obama.[/quote]

Then this is evidence that Obama is lying, again this would be important to the media if it was McCain accusing Obama, but not important to the media when Obama lies.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1657272' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:01 AM']Then this is evidence that Obama is lying, again this would be important to the media if it was McCain accusing Obama, but not important to the media when Obama lies.[/quote]
technically, he isnt lying. mccain most likely doesnt know how to use email, and thats the reason he doesnt use it.

but again, why does this matter? we all know that obama supports murdering babies, so why does it matter if he says mccain cant use email, even if its true? he is still the worst choice for president. that doesnt mean he cant speak some truth.

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657274' date='Sep 16 2008, 11:03 PM']mccain most likely doesnt know how to use email, and thats the reason he doesnt use it.[/quote]

So you not only know McCain's abilities, but also what is in his heart and mind?

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1657276' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:09 AM']So you not only know McCain's abilities, but also what is in his heart and mind?[/quote]
i'm not the only one, bud. isnt saying that obama is making fun of handicapped people also saying that same thing?

this is silly.

if you wanted to characterize your opponent as old and out of touch with the current generation, you would point out his lack of knowledge about current technology. its plain and simple. you are honestly trying to say that obama was actually making fun of handicapped people rather than saying basically that mccain is old and naive to new technology? where is the burden of the proof here? certainly not on me who is saying that he is just characterizing mccain, whether it is fair or not. its on you to prove to me and everyone else that obama is a cruel guy saying mccain stupid because he cant type due to injuries.

are you kidding me?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657274' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:03 AM']technically, he isnt lying. mccain most likely doesnt know how to use email, and thats the reason he doesnt use it.

but again, why does this matter? we all know that obama supports murdering babies, so why does it matter if he says mccain cant use email, even if its true? he is still the worst choice for president. that doesnt mean he cant speak some truth.[/quote]

If McCain if fact uses a blackberry for something other than the phone part of it, and has ever sent a message with it that is in fact emailing with a blackberry. Which makes Obama a liar.

If in fact McCain can not use a computer keyboard and has only used a blackberry as a phone then Obama is mocking McCain's handicap which he received in service to this country.

Either Obama is lying or mocking McCain's service either way it's important because this man wants to be president and he's getting away with lying or mocking.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1657279' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:14 AM']If McCain if fact uses a blackberry for something other than the phone part of it, and has ever sent a message with it that is in fact emailing with a blackberry. Which makes Obama a liar.

If in fact McCain can not use a computer keyboard and has only used a blackberry as a phone then Obama is mocking McCain's handicap which he received in service to this country.

Either Obama is lying or mocking McCain's service either way it's important because this man wants to be president and he's getting away with lying or mocking.[/quote]
why must obama be a liar? why cant he simply be mistaken? and why is can mccains mistakes be written off as just that, and he isnt called a liar?

this is exactly the old and tired out style that people are sick of. instead of looking at whats really going on, you call obama a liar and thats that.

as catholics, we owe it to our fellow human beings to assume that the good nature they were created with will prevail. yes, obama supports abortion, and for that, his soul is in grave danger. however, calling him a liar just because you disagree doesnt do you any good. perhaps he is mistaken, i will definitely agree with that. but you have no right to call him a liar and assume to know that he intended to deceive.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657282' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:18 AM']why must obama be a liar? why cant he simply be mistaken? and why is can mccains mistakes be written off as just that, and he isnt called a liar?

this is exactly the old and tired out style that people are sick of. instead of looking at whats really going on, you call obama a liar and thats that.[/quote]

If Obama does not retract the charge then Obama is lying. As of yet he has not done so and as you show their is evidence that may show McCain does in fact know how to use email via a blackberry.

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657282' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:18 AM']as catholics, we owe it to our fellow human beings to assume that the good nature they were created with will prevail. yes, obama supports abortion, and for that, his soul is in grave danger. however, calling him a liar just because you disagree doesnt do you any good. perhaps he is mistaken, i will definitely agree with that. but you have no right to call him a liar and assume to know that he intended to deceive.[/quote]

Another thing Obama lies about is his support of infanticide not just abortion but true infanticide, someone who can support such a thing then lies about it can lie about anything and is not worthy of any trust at all.