An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Ad Mocks Mccain For Being Unable To E-mail

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657278' date='Sep 16 2008, 11:14 PM']i'm not the only one, bud. isnt saying that obama is making fun of handicapped people also saying that same thing?

this is silly.

if you wanted to characterize your opponent as old and out of touch with the current generation, you would point out his lack of knowledge about current technology. its plain and simple. you are honestly trying to say that obama was actually making fun of handicapped people rather than saying basically that mccain is old and naive to new technology? where is the burden of the proof here? certainly not on me who is saying that he is just characterizing mccain, whether it is fair or not. its on you to prove to me and everyone else that obama is a cruel guy saying mccain stupid because he cant type due to injuries.

are you kidding me?[/quote]

1) I am not your "bud".

2) It is a statement of [i]fact[/i] that Obama is ridiculing McCain for being unable to use e-mail. This is a [i]fact[/i], not an opinion. It is not saying why Obama is doing so. Unlike you.

3) If Obama wanted to say McCain was old and naive about new technology, why wouldn't he say so, and not ridicule him for being unable to use e-mail?

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1657284' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:25 AM']If Obama does not retract the charge then Obama is lying. As of yet he has not done so and as you show their is evidence that may show McCain does in fact know how to use email via a blackberry.

Another thing Obama lies about is his support of infanticide not just abortion but true infanticide, someone who can support such a thing then lies about it can lie about anything and is not worthy of any trust at all.[/quote]
youre doing it again. maybe he isnt lying about the email thing. we view him as mistaken, but how does he know what mccain has and has not done? he is assuming, from the more public statements mccain has made, that he cant use the computer or email. how can you presume to tell me that you KNOW for a FACT that obama is deliberately misleading people by saying mccain cant use email?

and on that note, sending a message using blackberry hardly constitutes knowing how to use a computer and email, in general. obama wasnt saying "oh my gosh, mccain has never in his entire life used any sort of electronic device or sent messages online, i swear to god above." that would be lying. YOU are deliberately calling obama a liar because you are trying to create a more negative image of him, when in reality, his statement may just be a mistake. perhaps mccain can use computers fairly well. though in obamas defense, mccain has said he cannot.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1657285' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:27 AM']1) I am not your "bud".[/quote]
I'm not your buddy, guy!

Edited by notardillacid

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1657285' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:27 AM']1) I am not your "bud".

2) It is a statement of [i]fact[/i] that Obama is ridiculing McCain for being unable to use e-mail. This is a [i]fact[/i], not an opinion. It is not saying why Obama is doing so. Unlike you.

3) If Obama wanted to say McCain was old and naive about new technology, why wouldn't he say so, and not ridicule him for being unable to use e-mail?[/quote]
Yes, it is a fact that he is making fun of him. It is [b]opinion[/b], however, that said ridicule is meant to be towards his DISABILITY and thus, he is making fun of handicapped people.

and as i pointed out earlier, what better way to point out someone's naivety towards technology than to say "well look at him, he cant even use email!"

someone needs to learn a bit more about how politics works.

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1657291' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:37 AM']Anyway, email is so late 90's[/quote]
i agree, its all about texting and IMs! and i doubt either mccain or obama can do either. haha.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657286' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:31 AM']youre doing it again. maybe he isnt lying about the email thing. we view him as mistaken, but how does he know what mccain has and has not done? he is assuming, from the more public statements mccain has made, that he cant use the computer or email. how can you presume to tell me that you KNOW for a FACT that obama is deliberately misleading people by saying mccain cant use email?[/quote]

I said it was one of two things either Obama is lying if he does not retract his pointless charge or Obama mocking McCain's handicap thus his service to this country.

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657286' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:31 AM']and on that note, sending a message using blackberry hardly constitutes knowing how to use a computer and email, in general. obama wasnt saying "oh my gosh, mccain has never in his entire life used any sort of electronic device or sent messages online, i swear to god above." that would be lying. YOU are deliberately calling obama a liar because you are trying to create a more negative image of him, when in reality, his statement may just be a mistake. perhaps mccain can use computers fairly well. though in obamas defense, mccain has said he cannot.[/quote]

Do you understand that a blackberry is a computer? Do you understand that sending 'messages' on such devices is in fact email that is electronic mail?

Even if you don't want to call Obama out for being a liar or mocking McCain about the email thing. Obama is in fact a liar about his support of infanticide.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote]I said it was one of two things either Obama is lying if he does not retract his pointless charge or Obama mocking McCain's handicap thus his service to this country[/quote].
false dichotomy. i believe he is simply mistaken in his belief. and even if he were correct, that doesnt mean he is mocking his disability. he is mocking his age and disconnection with more advanced technologies.

[quote]Do you understand that a blackberry is a computer? Do you understand that sending 'messages' on such devices is in fact email that is electronic mail?

Even if you don't want to call Obama out for being a liar about the email thing. Obama is in fact a liar about his support of infanticide.[/quote]
yes, i fully understand what a blackberry is, thank you. but your thinking is so black and white. "obama is a liar because this one time, on the 2nd of july last year, mccain sent an email on his blackberry! obviously, he can use it, and that makes obama a liar!" or, the more reasonable belief is that obama is just mistaken, even though PUBLICLY, mccain has spoken of his inability to use computers and such.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657294' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:44 AM'].
false dichotomy. i believe he is simply mistaken in his belief. and even if he were correct, that doesnt mean he is mocking his disability. he is mocking his age and disconnection with more advanced technologies.[/quote]

True he would be [b]mocking[/b] his [b]age[/b], and people of McCain's age vote early and often, and vote more than most any other group.

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1657294' date='Sep 17 2008, 01:44 AM']yes, i fully understand what a blackberry is, thank you. but your thinking is so black and white. "obama is a liar because this one time, on the 2nd of july last year, mccain sent an email on his blackberry! obviously, he can use it, and that makes obama a liar!" or, the more reasonable belief is that obama is just mistaken, even though PUBLICLY, mccain has spoken of his inability to use computers and such.[/quote]

You seem to understand now, but earlier it was not very clear. Anyway, I think Obama is smart and not an idiot, he either knows (now at least) the charge is untrue or is mocking McCain's age and handicap he got in Vietnam.

Anyway, it is a fact Obama is a big fat liar he supports infanticide but lies and says he does not.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1654490' date='Sep 13 2008, 01:37 AM']E-mail is insecure...[/quote]
I know. I've taken email out to bars and introduced email to nice people, but email remains insecure.

I think taking up a sport would help.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1657313' date='Sep 17 2008, 02:05 AM']One of those nights Email hooked up with IM and had a bastard child named txt.[/quote]
I'm 17 and I don't text. I guess I'm out of touch with the next generation. Obviously I can never fill a leadership role at any point in the future.