An Old School Catholic Message Board

Palin

dairygirl4u2c

some republicans are formidable, i like mccain generally. i like ron paul a lot, even though i disagree with him on some pretty profound fundamental ways.
this thread isn't cause i'm partisan against republicans. it's just cause i don't like sarah palin.

she's a cookie cutter conservative, of the neocon variety. you could look in the republican pamphlet what it takes to be a conservative, and you'd see her picture. ie, she lacks indivuduality. she lacks independant thinking. she lacks what it'd take to be a good president.
culturelly,,, she adheres to the gun stereotype,,,, her husband as shown below is like the southern successionists, only in alaska. she insists on abstinance only education (which may have led to her daughter getting pregnant,,, i don't know. i tend to think this type of eduation is faulty. but i am an empiracally minded person and would think whatever position can be shown to best reduces pregancies is what should be taught)

so cause i'm always reading terrible things about her, that people seem to overlook cause she's prolife. this thread was created for the sources for it all when i come across it.

i read this in i think it was Time magazine. but here's another reputable source.
[url="http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-aip3-2008sep03,0,6399468.story"]http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na...0,6399468.story[/url]

[quote]Sarah Palin's ties to Alaskan Independence Party are played down

By Michael Finnegan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
September 3, 2008
Tonight, Sarah Palin will be nominated as the Republican Party's choice for vice president of the United States.

But back home, [b]she has cheered the work of a tiny party that long has pushed for a statewide vote on whether Alaska should secede from those same United States[/b]. And [b]her husband, Todd, was a member of the party for seven years.
[/b]
[quote]"Keep up the good work," Sarah Palin told members of the Alaskan Independence Party[/quote] in a videotaped speech to their convention[b] six months ago[/b] in Fairbanks. She wished the party luck on what she called its "inspiring convention."

The Alaskan Independence Party, founded in 1978, initially promoted "the Alaskan independence movement." But now, according to its website, "its primary goal is merely a vote on secession."

McCain campaign spokesman Tucker Bounds said Tuesday that Palin did not support splitting Alaska off from the rest of the country. He sidestepped the question of whether she favored a statewide vote on secession.[/quote]

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

i think there's a thread already on the fact that:

the bridge to nowhere she intitially supported and had lobbyists push for its approval, and only till it wouldn't pass, did she stop trying. and now she claims she's against it all.

there were previous bridges to nowhere before her. she had the most ear marked money per citizen than any other state in the USA.

[quote]GOP campaign downplays Palin book-banning inquiry

By GARANCE BURKE – 1 day ago

WASILLA, Alaska (AP) — The McCain campaign is defending Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's much-criticized inquiry into banning books at her hometown library, saying her questions were only hypothetical.

Shortly after taking office in 1996 as mayor of Wasilla, a city of about 7,000 people, [b]Palin asked the city's head librarian about banning books[/b].[b] Later, the librarian was notified by Palin that she was being fired[/b], although Palin backed off under pressure.

Palin's alleged attempt at book-banning has been a matter of intense interest since Republican presidential nominee John McCain named her as his running mate last month.

Taylor Griffin, a spokesman for the McCain campaign, said Thursday that [b]Palin asked the head librarian, Mary Ellen Emmons, on [i]three occasions[/i] how she would react to attempts at banning books[/b]. He said the questions, in the fall of 1996, were hypothetical and entirely appropriate. He said a patron had asked the library to remove a title the year before and the mayor wanted to understand how such disputes were handled.

Records on the city's Web site, however, do not show any books were challenged in Wasilla in the 10 years before Palin took office.

Palin notified Emmons she would be fired in January 1997 because the mayor didn't feel she had the librarian's "full support." Emmons was reinstated the next day after public outcry, according to newspaper reports at the time.

Still, one longtime library staffer recalls that the run-in made everyone fear for their jobs.

[b]"Mayor Palin gave us some terrible moments and some rather gut-wrenching moments, particularly when Mary Ellen said she was going to have to leave,"[/b] said Cathy Petrie, who managed the children's collection at the time.

Recent outrage has been fueled by Wasilla housewife Anne Kilkenny, whose 2,400-word critique of Palin's legacy as mayor is widely posted on the Internet. Kilkenny described Palin's actions as "out-and-out censorship."

But the McCain campaign, in a statement, said the charge "is categorically false ... Governor Sarah Palin has never asked anyone to ban a book, period."

Emmons, a former Alaska Library Association president who now goes by Mary Ellen Baker, did not return calls seeking comment.

According to the Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman newspaper, Emmons did not mince words when Palin asked her "how I would deal with her saying a book can't be in the library" on Oct. 28, 1996, in a week when the mayor had asked department heads for letters of resignation.

"She asked me if I would object to censorship, and I replied 'Yup'," Emmons told a reporter. "And I told her it would not be just me. This was a constitutional question, and the American Civil Liberties Union would get involved, too."[/quote]

[quote]She said she did not deny that climate change was man-made. But she has clearly stated that on the record. A year ago she said: “I’m not an Al Gore, doom-and-gloom environmentalist, blaming the changes in our climate on human activity.”[/quote]

which is significant because the consensus by far is that it is man made. and it's irrefuted that it looks like it is man made.
"global warming is a hoax" is itself a hoax.

[quote]She keeps repeating as a defining political motif that she said: “Thanks, but no thanks for the Bridge to Nowhere.” But we now know that she originally lobbied for the bridge in Alaska paid for by federal funds. And she never returned the money. And she even wore a “Nowhere, Alaska” sweatshirt to push back against the McCains of this world who derided the bridge as a pointless boondoggle.[/quote]

[quote]The announcement of Palin was made more than two weeks ago. It took a fortnight for her to agree to sit down for an intimate interview of the kind usually reserved for Hollywood stars instead of the press conference typical of a new vice-presidential candidate. This has never happened in American political history. Even Dan Quayle, the least qualified vice-presidential nominee before Palin, and a man who did not know how to spell “potato”, gave a press conference a day after the convention in 1988.

There have been two explanations for this astonishing Putin-style decision to keep a vice-presidential candidate from the press. The first was that the press would be too mean to her and needed to show, in campaign manager Rick Davis’s word, sufficient “deference” before they would be allowed to ask her a question. Deference? Is 21st-century America an 18th-century monarchy? The press owes such a total unknown who could be president next January deference?

The second explanation is that she needed time to cram for the exam. The McCain camp knew she had never expressed any views about foreign policy. And the only time she had on record was to oppose the surge that is the centrepiece of McCain’s campaign. They knew she knew nothing and was utterly unqualified to be president at a moment’s notice. And so she spent the last week furiously prepping. As Maureen Dowd noticed, she is Eliza Doolittle to John McCain’s Henry Higgins.[/quote]

[quote]Then we have the now mountain of lies that follow Palin everywhere she goes, lies she keeps repeating as if they are not subject to factual scrutiny. In her first interview she said it was common for vice-presidential candidates never to have met a single foreign leader. Untrue. Every living vice-presidential candidate has met some foreign leaders before being picked.[/quote]

[quote]She says she’s against pork-barrel spending, and this was partly why McCain picked her. McCain’s signature issue, after all, is his disdain of pork. Here’s one of McCain’s oldest jokes: “We’re not going to spend $3m of your tax dollars to study the DNA of bears in Montana,” he said earlier this year, citing Montana’s request for federal money to study the endangered grizzly bear. “I don’t know if it was a paternity issue or criminal, but it was a waste of money.”

Here’s what Politico.com revealed about Palin’s time as Alaska governor: “According to a ‘summary of requests for federal appropriations’ posted to her budget office’s website earlier this year, Palin requested millions of federal dollars for everything from improving recreational halibut fishing to studying the mating habits of crabs and the DNA of harbour seals.”[/quote]

[quote]She says she’s a fiscal conservative, but as mayor she increased her tiny town’s debt service by 69%. When she took office, the town of Wasilla had no long-term debt. By the time her term was over, the debt amounted to $3,000 per citizen.[/quote]

Are you going to use any of this in your own defense on Judgement Day, when you are faced by millions of the innocent souls who were murdered in their mother's womb, after their mother made the FREE CHOICE to become sexually active without being able to shoulder the responsibility that comes with it - namely, that it might result in causing a human life?

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1654908' date='Sep 13 2008, 06:37 PM']she's a cookie cutter conservative, of the neocon variety. you could look in the republican pamphlet what it takes to be a conservative, and you'd see her picture. ie, she lacks indivuduality. she lacks independant thinking. she lacks what it'd take to be a good president.
culturelly,,, she adheres to the gun stereotype,,,, her husband as shown below is like the southern successionists, only in alaska. she insists on abstinance only education (which may have led to her daughter getting pregnant,,, i don't know. i tend to think this type of eduation is faulty. but i am an empiracally minded person and would think whatever position can be shown to best reduces pregancies is what should be taught)[/quote]
:yawn:
"cookie cutter conservative," "lacks indivuduality [sic]" "lacks independant thinking" = disagrees with liberals.

I'm for states rights and second amendment rights myself.

And if she really is a secessionist as charged here, whatever else you might say, that would hardly qualify her as "cookie cutter" or lacking individuality! (geez, at least keep the attacks consistent in one post!)

And the attacking Palin for her daughter's pregnancy is just lame and getting old. Really, is that the best liberals can do?

I'm getting really sick of the liberal media hatchet job on Palin. We all know if Republicans were making the same attacks on some liberal Democrat women, they'd all be loudly screeching "sexism"! No, it's only okay to attack pro-life conservative lady pols.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='FSM Sister' post='1655421' date='Sep 14 2008, 04:40 PM']Are you going to use any of this in your own defense on Judgement Day, when you are faced by millions of the innocent souls who were murdered in their mother's womb, after their mother made the FREE CHOICE to become sexually active without being able to shoulder the responsibility that comes with it - namely, that it might result in causing a human life?[/quote]

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1656282' date='Sep 15 2008, 08:54 PM'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaUDKejZ_g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaUDKejZ_g[/url][/quote]

How does the Youtube link answer the question?

dairygirl,

She asked about the process of removing books. No books were ever removed. She never requested to remove any books. No smoking gun here.

Governor Sarah Palin was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party. However, Obama and family were members of Rev Wright's church for many years. It seems far more dangerous to have the man leading the ticket sit on sermons by a preacher who calls on God to "darn" America.

Governor Sarah Palin initially supported the bridge until it appeared it was going to be a pork project. (Many government projects appear economical until you see the balloon payment.) If only Ted Kennedy had done the same with the "Big Dig," maybe more disciplinary oversight would have occurred. She turned the bridge down and took a smaller portion of the money for more useful purposes.

Man made global warming is a hoax. Deal with it. To believe otherwise is to believe in the vanity of humanity. What caused the warming after the ice age? Too many humans in SUVs? No, natural forces are incredibly more powerful than man's behavior.

Governor Palin has given an interview and will give more. What's the beef?

[quote]Every living vice-presidential candidate has met some foreign leaders before being picked.[/quote]
Whoever you are copying and pasting from is cute. Notice the use of "foreign leader." Too bad that wasn't Gibons' question. He asked about meeting a head of state, not just a leader.

Here is the complete, unedited by ABC transcript:
[quote]GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?

PALIN: There in the state of Alaska, our international trade activities bring in [b]many leaders of other countries[/b].

GIBSON: And all governors deal with trade delegations.

PALIN: Right.

GIBSON: Who act at the behest of their governments.

PALIN: Right, right.

GIBSON: I’m talking about somebody who’s a head of state, who can negotiate for that country. Ever met one?

PALIN: I have not and I think if you go back in history and if you ask that question of many vice presidents, they may have the same answer that I just gave you. But, Charlie, again, we’ve got to remember what the desire is in this nation at this time. It is for no more politics as usual and somebody’s big, fat resume maybe that shows decades and decades in that Washington establishment, where, yes, they’ve had opportunities to meet heads of state … these last couple of weeks … it has been overwhelming to me that confirmation of the message that Americans are getting sick and tired of that self-dealing and kind of that closed door, good old boy network that has been the Washington elite.
[url="http://marklevinshow.com/gibson-interview/"]Source[/url][/quote]
In regards to earmarks, Alaska has not been perfect but neither has Illinois, which senator Obama presents. Hussein has brought home the bacon too.
[quote]Senator Barack Obama on Thursday released a list of [b]$740 million[/b] in earmarked spending requests that he had made over the last three years, and his campaign challenged Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton to do the same.
[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/14/us/politics/14campaign.html"]Source[/url][/quote]
There is a difference between governor Palin and senator Obama. One is calling for reduction and elimination of earmarks. One is satisfied with the status quo.

Now I have given your sourced facts. I hope it will give you pause before you swallow some anti-Palin tripe and wish to copy/paste it here. Then again, the left has never let facts get in the way. I have high hopes for you.