An Old School Catholic Message Board

Palin

dairygirl4u2c

see miles.... even she concedes it's okay when it's your kids. there's an iniutuve thing that even someone like her can understand. if there were millions at risk... just as much, at least,,, reason to allow beating up etc. there's no rational reason to distinguish your kids from everyone else. some might say she's only being irrational in wanting to save her kids... but really, why would we assume that? it's a rational response. the only thing that might get in the way, is a strict adherence to "the ends don't justify"

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

this will sound werid, and it is. but i'm just making hte point.

if someone says "i'm going to go on a killing rampage" then you should say "don't kill anyone... but if you're going to, then kill as few people as possible."

you're not doing anything wrong by telling them that.

in fact,,,, as per the contraceptive stuff,,,, one might say "the ends means" stuff might not even be applicable. you're not doing anything inhernetly wrong by mitigating the wrongness. (i suppose one might argue that contraceptives is only confounding the problem?)

if you're going to commit grave sin, do it in a wisest way possible.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1654908' date='Sep 13 2008, 08:37 PM']some republicans are formidable, i like mccain generally. i like ron paul a lot, even though i disagree with him on some pretty profound fundamental ways.
this thread isn't cause i'm partisan against republicans. it's just cause i don't like sarah palin.

she's a cookie cutter conservative, of the neocon variety. you could look in the republican pamphlet what it takes to be a conservative, and you'd see her picture. ie, she lacks indivuduality. she lacks independant thinking. she lacks what it'd take to be a good president.
culturelly,,, she adheres to the gun stereotype,,,, her husband as shown below is like the southern successionists, only in alaska. she insists on abstinance only education (which may have led to her daughter getting pregnant,,, i don't know. i tend to think this type of eduation is faulty. but i am an empiracally minded person and would think whatever position can be shown to best reduces pregancies is what should be taught)

so cause i'm always reading terrible things about her, that people seem to overlook cause she's prolife. this thread was created for the sources for it all when i come across it.

i read this in i think it was Time magazine. but here's another reputable source.
[url="http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-aip3-2008sep03,0,6399468.story"]http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na...0,6399468.story[/url]

in a videotaped speech to their convention[b] six months ago[/b] in Fairbanks. She wished the party luck on what she called its "inspiring convention."

The Alaskan Independence Party, founded in 1978, initially promoted "the Alaskan independence movement." But now, according to its website, "its primary goal is merely a vote on secession."

McCain campaign spokesman Tucker Bounds said Tuesday that Palin did not support splitting Alaska off from the rest of the country. He sidestepped the question of whether she favored a statewide vote on secession.[/quote]

I know she's a popular pro life candidate and I am extremely pro life. However, I find Palin aggregiously offensive. She's married to a commerical fisherman-commerical fishing is cruel and horrible for the environment. I also find it astounding and horrifying that she so strongly supports and promotes aerial wildlife hunting. Sickening. It's so hard to vote! -Katie

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1660278' date='Sep 20 2008, 07:50 PM']I know she's a popular pro life candidate and I am extremely pro life. However, I find Palin aggregiously offensive. She's married to a commerical fisherman-commerical fishing is cruel and horrible for the environment. I also find it astounding and horrifying that she so strongly supports and promotes aerial wildlife hunting. Sickening. It's so hard to vote! -Katie[/quote]

What else could a real man ask for? Loves children, fishing, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn7UzxXv8p4"]guns[/url] and hunting. She's awesome. :love:

Edited by KnightofChrist

princessgianna

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1660125' date='Sep 20 2008, 02:50 PM']this will sound werid, and it is. but i'm just making hte point.

if someone says "i'm going to go on a killing rampage" then you should say "don't kill anyone... but if you're going to, then kill as few people as possible."

you're not doing anything wrong by telling them that.

in fact,,,, as per the contraceptive stuff,,,, one might say "the ends means" stuff might not even be applicable. you're not doing anything inhernetly wrong by mitigating the wrongness. (i suppose one might argue that contraceptives is only confounding the problem?)

if you're going to commit grave sin, do it in a wisest way possible.[/quote]

a sin is a sin!
how knowing you are of it being a sin either makes it a venial or mortal but it is a sin
and God gave us the gift of sharing a love between a man and a woman in the Sacred Sacrament of Holy Matromony which as to a result bring children in the world and when you use contraceptive stuff you are having the fun but are not allowing God to bring Children into the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is a another sin of itself!!

you need to check out Christoper West with Theology on the Body! [url="http://www.christopherwest.com/default.asp"]http://www.christopherwest.com/default.asp[/url]

Pax~

Edited by princessgianna

princessgianna

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1660278' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:50 PM']I know she's a popular pro life candidate and I am extremely pro life. However, I find Palin aggregiously offensive. She's married to a commerical fisherman-commerical fishing is cruel and horrible for the environment. I also find it astounding and horrifying that she so strongly supports and promotes aerial wildlife hunting. Sickening. It's so hard to vote! -Katie[/quote]
God gave us the lil fishes and deer as food! While i agree we get wayyyyyyyyy to much meat
all in moderation is fine!

there is nothing wrong with hunting AS LONG AS YOU ONLY KILL WHAT YOU NEED!

i see no problem

of course when people were on the Train out west they would shoot the buffalo as a sport and since they were on a train the meat would rot-THAT IS WRONG! I agree!

eating meat and hunting for food ALL IN MODERNATION OF COURSE is fine!

pax~

EDIT: God gave us this earth for our use while we do need to take care of it! the earth is here for us to use! and we should be wise in taking care of it by recycling,going green to the best of our budget and et cetera but it is important to realize that we humans are the top and we should never deny life to a child because of "population control" that is wrong!

pax~

Edited by princessgianna

princessgianna

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1660289' date='Sep 20 2008, 09:11 PM']What else could a real man ask for? Loves children, fishing, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn7UzxXv8p4"]guns[/url] and hunting. She's awesome. :love:[/quote]
she is my kind of girl! does not mind getting her hands dirty yet she carries herself very well,open to life,loves her family and loves God!
gee i hope to be like her!

Edited by princessgianna

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1660295' date='Sep 20 2008, 10:24 PM']God gave us the lil fishes and deer as food! While i agree we get wayyyyyyyyy to much meat
all in moderation is fine!

there is nothing wrong with hunting AS LONG AS YOU ONLY KILL WHAT YOU NEED!

i see no problem

of course when people were on the Train out west they would shoot the buffalo as a sport and since they were on a train the meat would rot-THAT IS WRONG! I agree!

eating meat and hunting for food ALL IN MODERNATION OF COURSE is fine!

pax~

EDIT: God gave us this earth for our use while we do need to take care of it! the earth is here for us to use! and we should be wise in taking care of it by recycling,going green to the best of our budget and et cetera but it is important to realize that we humans are the top and we should never deny life to a child because of "population control" that is wrong!

pax~[/quote]

I don't believe hunting is necessary in this day and age, I believe it is for sport. I definitely hate to see animals killed for food but I would at least like to see animals killed for meat treated humanely, which is very much in line with the teachings of Christianity. Unfortunately, most meat, including fish, comes to us from animals who are treated abominably (factory farms, commerical fishing...). Even if one is OK with hunting and fishing, though, aerieal hunting is very cruel and unfair and commercial fishing is one of the worst things for the environment. I think that regardless of one's beliefs on eating meat/hunting, most of us would agree that animals should at least be treated humanely and unnecessary killing/suffering is wrong. Besides, Palin hunts far more than deer-aerial hunting is manily directed at wolves, who are seen as a "threat" to hunters in Alaska (aka competition).

I definitely don't believe in population control at all, btw and I would never advocate denying life to a child. -Katie

KnightofChrist

I see nothing in Church teaching against aerial hunting, but true actual inhuman treatment is wrong. One should only hunt if one intends on eating the animal. Wolf are a danger to small children and livestock.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1660289' date='Sep 20 2008, 10:11 PM']What else could a real man ask for? Loves children, fishing, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn7UzxXv8p4"]guns[/url] and hunting. She's awesome. :love:[/quote]

I dont' believe in fishing or hunting at all, but even if you do, commercial fishing and aerial hunting are both extremely cruel forms of both. Aerial hunting, btw has nothing to do with hunting for food-it's directed mainly at wolves who suffer incredibly. Palin also wanted Polar Bears off of the endangered species list and is in favor of drilling in the Artic National Wildlife refuge. :(

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1660303' date='Sep 20 2008, 10:50 PM']I see nothing in Church teaching against aerial hunting, but true actual inhuman treatment is wrong. One should only hunt if one intends on eating the animal. Wolf are a danger to small children and livestock.[/quote]

I agree that it's not a black and white issue, but I just think there must be a way we can coexist and care for the animals with whom we share the earth other than gunning them down indiscriminately. -Katie

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1660304' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:50 PM']I dont' believe in fishing or hunting at all, but even if you do, commercial fishing and aerial hunting are both extremely cruel forms of both. Aerial hunting, btw has nothing to do with hunting for food-it's directed mainly at wolves who suffer incredibly. Palin also wanted Polar Bears off of the endangered species list and is in favor of drilling in the Artic National Wildlife refuge. :([/quote]

All this is simply your opinion God gave us dominion over the animals. Nether commercial fishing and aerial hunting are against Church Teaching.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1660305' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:51 PM']I agree that it's not a black and white issue, but I just think there must be a way we can coexist and care for the animals with whom we share the earth other than gunning them down indiscriminately. -Katie[/quote]

I am afraid you do not understand the vast majority of hunters if you believe we indiscriminately gun down animals.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1660308' date='Sep 20 2008, 10:53 PM']I am afraid you do not understand the vast majority of hunters if you believe we indiscriminately gun down animals.[/quote]

I am not referring to hunters in general, I'm specifically referring to aerial hunting and Palina's promotion of it. And yes, these are my opinions. I never claimed that any of it was explicit Church Teaching. However, I believe treating other creatures humanely and with respect is in line with the basic, larger principles of Christianity, including the teachings of the Church. I'm simply expressing my concerns over some of Palin's policies.

Edited by Tinkerlina

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1660312' date='Sep 20 2008, 08:57 PM']I am not referring to hunters in general, I'm specifically referring to aerial hunting and Palina's promotion of it. And yes, these are my opinions. I never claimed that any of it was explicit Church Teaching. However, I believe treating other creatures humanely and with respect is in line with the basic, larger principles of Christianity, including the teachings of the Church. I'm simply expressing my concerns over some of Palin's policies.[/quote]

So long as you understand that opinion is your own morality that hunters are not bound to everything is cool.