An Old School Catholic Message Board

Resident Assistants

Banksey

So I'm a RA this year at my school this year in a dorm (Coronado) that has some not so nice nicknames. Anyways I was wondering how many of you guys have been RAs. I was also wondering if any of you guys had any misconceptions about RAs that you'd liked cleared up. Like they're uncool, which is pretty false cause I'm like the coolest guy alive :smokey:

May was the coolest RA ever:

[img]http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v50/50/41/177101643/n177101643_30116777_2911.jpg[/img]

Even though she kept busting us for our golf excursions in the hallway and stairwells in the middle of the night.

I had 2 HORRIBLE RA's and 2 ones I adored. Bad RA's put me in phyiscal danger or were part of bullying.
The good RA's played board games with us and always used our floor money for cool crafts while we watched VIDEOS and ate icecream

my best friend is one...a girl i've been friends with since 7th grade randomly turned out to be mine freshman year...i never really saw my ra sophomore year, but she was really awesome. idk...i've loved them.

My Catholic RA the last two years of undergrad was constantly drinking and having unprotected sex with his girlfriend. Actually he gave me my second drink, bringing beer into the dorm despite campus rules.

My RA before that was a girl from Nepal that was too busy having sex to even hold meetings.

[quote name='zabbazooey' post='1657072' date='Sep 16 2008, 07:47 PM']I felt bad for mine...she always tried coordinating activities that no one (including myself) showed up to.[/quote]

Our group (the three of us in the above picture) always made it a point to go to May's things. She was cool, and nobody else would show up.

[quote name='BG45' post='1657099' date='Sep 16 2008, 10:08 PM']My Catholic RA the last two years of undergrad was constantly drinking and having unprotected sex with his girlfriend. Actually he gave me my second drink, bringing beer into the dorm despite campus rules.

My RA before that was a girl from Nepal that was too busy having sex to even hold meetings.[/quote]

Let's not forget he was very insistent that you and I get busy. :unsure:

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1657220' date='Sep 16 2008, 09:46 PM']Mostly they are worthless. If you want anything done you gotta go to the hall president.[/quote]

I was the hall president. It's nothing but a figurehead position.