An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Liberal Nun

CatherineM

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1659015' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:17 AM']I've already passed it on. It's hot stuff here and I am asking our book club to consider it for their book of the month sometime.[/quote]

Oy, as long as it doesn't get on Oprah's book club. Of course I don't think she'd pick anything with a Catholic priest as such a central character.

I just got an email from her. I sent an email to the head of the bursary committee at the religious order that issued it to me. It is a different order than our RCIA head is a member of. I basically said that I was going to be unable to continue as a catechist, and if my bursary was based on my continuation of participation in RCIA, that I would reimburse them because I didn't want to have received it under false pretenses, and to please let me know if they wanted to be reimbursed. I CC'd my former boss. I haven't received anything back from the bursary ladies. Someone from their order serves with me on the Coalition against human trafficking, and I cantor for the yearly mass for the women religious. They know me, have read my book. I don't expect to receive a reimbursement request from them. But, my boss did email me. Two sentences that basically she didn't mean to sound Wednesday night as if she didn't care for my health or education, just that it was late to be replacing me.

She must have been embarrassed to even bother emailing me. I never agreed to teach this year, she just assumed. There's only one student. I think she should send him to a church with a bigger class. Part of the RCIA experience is as a group, growing together towards Easter. I think I am going to look back on this later as being well that I'm done with the whole situation.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1658702' date='Sep 18 2008, 08:19 PM']Back in Oklahoma,[/quote]

WOW. I totally read that as Barack Obama...

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1659919' date='Sep 19 2008, 11:48 PM']WOW. I totally read that as Barack Obama...[/quote]

That's what he wants is for you to see him in every corner. He has control of your horizontal and vertical.