An Old School Catholic Message Board

Canadian Doctors 'fear' Sarah Palin

eagle_eye222001

eagle_eye222001

Canadian Doctor's 'Fear' Sarah Palin

[url="http://www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=29242"]http://www.catholic.org/international/inte...ry.php?id=29242[/url]

My favorite quote in the article is Dr. Andre Lalonde, executive vice-president of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) saying

[b]"We're coming down to a moral decision and we all know moral decisions are personal decisions."
[/b]

Wow. If moral decisions are personal decisions...we're in trouble. :shock:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1658124' date='Sep 18 2008, 03:21 AM']Wow. If moral decisions are personal decisions...we're in trouble. :shock:[/quote]

I took this comment as saying we decide if morals apply or not [b]or [/b]we decide how to apply morals, and not the fact that there is a correct moral standard regardless of what we personally think.

Example. I think may think that morals do not prohibit abortion...but in fact they do.

Does that make sense? When I first posted it made sense and then I came back over an hour later and realized that my comment could sound nonsensical so I attempted to clarify it but I am not sure if I succeeded.

Everyone just think what I was thinking when I wrote this. That way I do not have to bother trying to write my thoughts accurately.

I better go to bed. It's too late........and I am confusing myself now of whether I made sense or not.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1658367' date='Sep 18 2008, 12:14 PM']Um...why should a give a rat's posterior about what Canadian doctors think about the VP Candidate?[/quote]

:huh: My thought exactly.

On a more serious but sarcastic vote:

Oh no! If Palin is elected, we might have less abortions!

Oh no, if Palin is elected we might be faced with the 'horrors' of more 'defective' babies, and we can't use coercive techniques to convince young women to have an abortion!

Oh no, Palin is an example of a woman who is strong willed and thinks for herself and did not bend to pressures wanting to kill her unborn child, and other women here in Canada may get the wrong idea and follow her unruly example!

I hope Palin wins the american election now more than ever before.[i] [size=1][color="#FF0000"] To h*** with Canadien doctors (except for my dad and perhaps my sister).[/color][/size][/i]

Edited by Didacus

You made sense just fine, eagle_eye.

[quote]"We know overwhelmingly the message families get is 'Don't have this baby, it will ruin your life,' and I don't think people would look at Sarah Palin and see a ruined life," Ms. Flint said. "Regardless of politics, I think it's a good example."[/quote]

Heh. Good for Ms. Flint.

You mean, you could still have a good life if every aspect of it isn't "perfect"? Crazy talk! Next people will think they could live with grey hair! Or go outside without makeup on! :crazy:

:rolleyes:

If the abortionists continue down the road they are on (and they will) then what gene or defect will they find next, and decide to murder in the womb? E-gads! What if they discover the fat gene, and decide to start aborting babies that might grow up to be overweight??? They would be highly motivated to do so, with pressure from the health insurance industry, because of the health risks related to obesity. Then comes diabetes, ADHD, and any number of "defects." (I say this in quotes because they are medical defects, but certainly not moral defects.)

I am a former Canadian... thank God! I got out in time. My Canadian relatives are all liberals. I guess that makes me the black sheep of the family. I am perfectly happy with my American sheep.

I think Governor Palin is awesome. She'll be a fantastic VP. :texas: I love my red state!

Heyy... maybe in ten or fifteen years I'll have a chance to be "The Only Good Doctor In Canada."
We could make a movie about me.
Then they could award me the Order of Canada (for being the Only Good Doctor In Canada) and I could go accept the award, but make a big speech about the evils of abortion and Henry Morgentaler, then throw the award right back at them.

Ohhhh yes... this shall be fun.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Didacus' post='1658402' date='Sep 18 2008, 03:29 PM'][/quote]

[quote]The article is BS.[/quote]

Why I posted it. It's hilarious to see the fear in peoples eyes over Palin. In some ways, she has aligned people so much more with Obama because she is so GOOD.

[quote]The only reason doctors, both americans AND canadiens fear Palin is because she's;

[b]A HOCKEY MOM![/b][/quote]

And that she is amazing. She is my idea of a true American woman...

...like my Mom! :blush:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1658860' date='Sep 18 2008, 11:56 PM']Heyy... maybe in ten or fifteen years I'll have a chance to be "The Only Good Doctor In Canada."
We could make a movie about me.
Then they could award me the Order of Canada (for being the Only Good Doctor In Canada) and I could go accept the award, but make a big speech about the evils of abortion and Henry Morgentaler, then throw the award right back at them.

Ohhhh yes... this shall be fun.[/quote]

Throwing an Order of Canada back isn't as easy as that. When my husband got his, the next morning in the hotel, we woke up throwing up. In his official picture with the Governor General, he looks like a deer in headlights. He was terrified he was going to trip on national TV.