An Old School Catholic Message Board

Knocked Up

still one of the funniest movies ive seen in awhile though.
and i thought the showing of the birth was really cool.
that was my favorite part of the movie, the most real and sincere at least.

I know that movies like these have a lot of potential but sometimes they get too carried away with the crassness to the point where the message isn't as profound. Too little too late. Juno on the other hand got it right. I found the crassness annoying but it wasn't the center of the film. www.decentfilms.com talks about films like these in the response section called "mail" on the site and you'll find the specific review of Juno too. It got an "A-" for a grade.

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1661337' date='Sep 22 2008, 07:50 PM']I know that movies like these have a lot of potential but sometimes they get too carried away with the crassness to the point where the message isn't as profound. Too little too late. Juno on the other hand got it right. I found the crassness annoying but it wasn't the center of the film. www.decentfilms.com talks about films like these in the response section called "mail" on the site and you'll find the specific review of Juno too. It got an "A-" for a grade.[/quote]

i'll check this site out
i agree with you to, they got to carried away on knocked up

[size=1]Stupid movie, i was disturbed watching it.

I think calling it Prolife is a lame excuse to praise it when clearly you like it for other reasons.

And besides, it wouldnt be a movie if they didnt keep the baby, so in some strange roundabout way you can call it prolife.

:idontknow:

I would be happier if they didnt have croutons like this in the first place.

F-
[/size]

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1661298' date='Sep 22 2008, 07:12 PM']Take it up with these guys.
[img]http://www.thefloridacatholic.org/rop/2008_rop/2008_ropphotos/20080620_rop_bishops_usccb_2.jpg[/img]
:idontknow:[/quote]

technically he doesn't have to... the movie reviews are not written by bishops, only be people commissioned by the bishops' council to write movie reviews. they have almost no credibility at all, considering their original review of brokeback mountain. Anyway, they got this one right. Buuuut I still don't trust 'em at all.

Brother Adam

The movie was banal at best. I agree with one of the main reviewers at blu-ray.com - it is very rare that a truly good movie comes out of hollywood anymore.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1667007' date='Sep 30 2008, 03:40 PM']technically he doesn't have to... the movie reviews are not written by bishops, only be people commissioned by the bishops' council to write movie reviews. they have almost no credibility at all, considering their original review of brokeback mountain.[/quote]

Exactly.

Good movie.

Crude? Yes.
Vulgar? Yes.
Ultimately affirming of the beauty of life? Yes.