An Old School Catholic Message Board

Palin Boosts Mccain With Catholics

dominicansoul

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1663475' date='Sep 25 2008, 09:35 AM']don't waste your votes. be realistic. choose the one that will most likely cause babies not to be murdered. voting doesn't mean you endorse whatever else they do. our goal is to stop abortion. it's about the babies, not the economy right now.[/quote]
You poor delusional thing. It's because of that thinking that our economy is tanking and the rest of everything will go to hell.

Edited by fidei defensor

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1663461' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:06 AM']Oh and yes we are a "nation of whiners" well on our way to being a nation of sissy whiners.[/quote]
[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/ap_on_bi_ge/washington_mutual_future"]WaMu becomes biggest bank to fail in US history[/url]

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/business/26bailout.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin"]Talks Implode During a Day of Chaos; Fate of Bailout Plan Remains Unresolved[/url]

Those darn whiners!

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1663507' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:37 AM']So still no answer on the whole war thing? Dominicansoul? So are you conceding that Lincoln was a war criminal and committer of genocide? If so that leaves us with Regan, Regan is the only good president you can come up with? Out of 43, so Bush is one of 42 horrible presidents? Wow.[/quote]

If it's so important to you, start another thread on why Lincoln is a mass murderer...

I'm not very interested in talking about why I think Bush is a bad prez. I already told you, he was good to the pro-life cause, but he shouldn't have started the Iraq War. I also said, the use of the word "horrible" was a bit strong...

...I haven't answered because I find this conversation about good prez/bad prez dull. Sorry.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1663742' date='Sep 25 2008, 05:40 PM']You poor delusional thing. It's because of that thinking that our economy is tanking and the rest of everything will go to hell.[/quote]

Our economy is tanking because billions of our tax dollars have paid for Abortions since it was legalized. Our nation is going to hell because we fail to realize that a nation that kills its own children CANNOT survive...

Don John of Austria

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1664078' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:10 AM']If it's so important to you, start another thread on why Lincoln is a mass murderer...

I'm not very interested in talking about why I think Bush is a bad prez. I already told you, he was good to the pro-life cause, but he shouldn't have started the Iraq War. I also said, the use of the word "horrible" was a bit strong...

...I haven't answered because I find this conversation about good prez/bad prez dull. Sorry.[/quote]

Yet you started it. It is not so much that I think it is a terribly interesting discussion so much as I am sick to death of seeing people simply say Bush is a horrible president as if it is a matter of fact, and while most of those people can tell you why he is soooo aweful, very few can name you a president who was good and then defend that position.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1664111' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:11 AM']Yet you started it. It is not so much that I think it is a terribly interesting discussion so much as I am sick to death of seeing people simply say Bush is a horrible president as if it is a matter of fact, and while most of those people can tell you why he is soooo aweful, very few can name you a president who was good and then defend that position.[/quote]

*sigh* This is sooo dull!

I didn't start anything. I told you already that my use of the word "horrible" was a bit strong...

If you believe i started it, I'm ending it now...

I will no longer participate in this electrifying discussion with you any longer. You can add whatever you want, but you will receive no response from me....

Bye now! ;)

Edited by dominicansoul

Don John of Austria

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1664080' date='Sep 26 2008, 10:13 AM']Our economy is tanking because billions of our tax dollars have paid for Abortions since it was legalized. Our nation is going to hell because we fail to realize that a nation that kills its own children CANNOT survive...[/quote]

Well on that we agree.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1664053' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:14 AM'][url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/ap_on_bi_ge/washington_mutual_future"]WaMu becomes biggest bank to fail in US history[/url]

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/business/26bailout.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin"]Talks Implode During a Day of Chaos; Fate of Bailout Plan Remains Unresolved[/url]

Those darn whiners![/quote]

Yes they are.

Of course WaMu is the largest to fail, even adjusted for inflation, because banks like WaMu did not exist before 1994--- it was the 1994 Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act, [i]passed under Clinton [/i]which allowed banks to combine into the mega banks that they are, before that this kind of collapse was impossible because banks had to be financially secure with in one state. While there were banks which were branched in more than one state, they were financially speaking independant, ( so to clarify, all of the Bank of America's in Oklahoma had to be financially solvent all by them selve or they failed in Oklahoma, not every where) and that prevent massive failure like this. Of course some states had laws to protect them from such mega bank collapes, but most, like Texas, repealed them for the vast money that the mega banks promised. So if you want to blame somebody for the huge bank failures, that one is on Clinton not Bush.

Edited by Don John of Austria

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1663742' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:40 PM']You poor delusional thing. It's because of that thinking that our economy is tanking and the rest of everything will go to hell.[/quote]

God says putting money before life will send you to hell. read some history and see what happened to these kinds of civilizations.