An Old School Catholic Message Board

Official Major League Baseball Postseason Thread

Paladin D

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1684007' date='Oct 22 2008, 10:01 PM'][size=5][b]Phillies win game 1 against the Rays!!![/b][/size]

Score 3-2!!!

I guess I'm the only one following the World Series?[/quote]

I am.

I was aghast that the Rays somehow didn't lose game 2.

Yeah... the Phillies didn't do so well yesterday. Fortunately, we won at their stadium, so hopefully we can pull the next three off on home turf. It'll be awesome winning the World Series [b]in[/b] Philly.

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1685223' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:28 PM']I'm still mourning for the Red Sox....who ALMOST made it. :([/quote]

Please don't mention the team from Boston. I may no longer be a Yankees fan, but they are still loathsome to me.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1685258' date='Oct 24 2008, 05:54 PM']The local (ish) team. Mariners.[/quote]

Ouch...

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1685228' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:32 PM']Please don't mention the team from Boston. I may no longer be a Yankees fan, but they are still loathsome to me.[/quote]
<_<

WOW!!! What a Game 3!!! Phillies make the game winning score in the 9th, and win it 5-4 at home.

[url="http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200810263646039"]http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200810263646039[/url]

Series is now 2-1 in Phillies' favor.

Edited by Paladin D

[size=7][color="#FF0000"][b]PHILLIES WIN GAME 4!!! 10-2!!![/b][/color][/size]

We lead the series, 3-1. I hope we win game 5, would be awesome to celebrate a victory at home. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ash Wednesday

I believe the statistics are that the team that wins game 3 and goes up 2-1 wins the series 75% of the time -- so I think it's pretty safe to say Philly's championship drought will probably be over.

It's been fun listening to my parents cheer and scream and swear. I wonder if I'll be let out of my biology lecture early tomorrow. It ends at 8, and my prof. is a huge phan.

eagle_eye222001

Go Cardinals! Oh. Guess they didn't make it this year. Anyway I hope the Cubs lose. They already lost eh? Kansas City Royals getting another umpire to throw a call in their favor? They are out too? Whitesox? No? No excitement for the Midwest this year.

Really don't have positive or negative feelings for either team.