An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Bible Goes Green

Terra Pax

[url="http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1842268,00.html?xid=site-cnn-partner"]http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...ite-cnn-partner[/url]

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1661043' date='Sep 22 2008, 01:10 PM']Seems like environmentalist mumbo-jumbo to me...[/quote]
I don't see what's wrong with using the natural things God created to print and distribute His holy word.

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1661312' date='Sep 22 2008, 05:26 PM']I don't see what's wrong with using the natural things God created to print and distribute His holy word.[/quote]

It's not what it's made out of the bothers me. It's the misuse of God's word to create a political point that has nothing to do with Christianity.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1661389' date='Sep 22 2008, 07:43 PM']It's not what it's made out of the bothers me. It's the misuse of God's word to create a political point that has nothing to do with Christianity.[/quote]
Aren't we, as Catholics, called to be responsible toward the Earth and environment?
If some choose to do their part by buying Bibles printed on recycled paper, I don't see any fault with that.
When the government starts regulating how much of each Bible must be printed on reused paper, then I'll have a problem.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1661403' date='Sep 22 2008, 06:56 PM']Aren't we, as Catholics, called to be responsible toward the Earth and environment?
If some choose to do their part by buying Bibles printed on recycled paper, I don't see any fault with that.
When the government starts regulating how much of each Bible must be printed on reused paper, then I'll have a problem.[/quote]

As I said before, IT'S NOT WHAT IT'S MADE OUT OF that bothers me!

Yeah, I read that, but I must have misunderstood what political agenda you see as being pushed.
Could you clarify that for me?