An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mccain Vs. Obama: Is There A Difference?

KnightofChrist

princessgianna

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1661350' date='Sep 22 2008, 08:04 PM'][url="http://www.afa.net/08VG/index.html"]http://www.afa.net/08VG/index.html[/url]

For those that see no difference...[/quote]
the [b]only thing[/b] they both agree on is the Immigration Reform and Border Security

Immigration Reform and Border Security
Secure U.S. borders before granting some form
of amnesty to illegal immigrants living in U.S.

Pax~

Edited by princessgianna

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1661350' date='Sep 22 2008, 08:04 PM'][url="http://www.afa.net/08VG/index.html"]http://www.afa.net/08VG/index.html[/url]

For those that see no difference...[/quote]

Thanks for the list, its helpful.

Peace.

talk about gross oversimplification. It's sad that people here who are so focused on trying to understand the context of papal encyclicals and scripture and whatnot can so easily accept the superficial nothingness of this one page.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1662630' date='Sep 24 2008, 10:32 AM']talk about gross oversimplification. It's sad that people here who are so focused on trying to understand the context of papal encyclicals and scripture and whatnot can so easily accept the superficial nothingness of this one page.[/quote]

ha. my sentiments exactly.

KnightofChrist

Would you two like to expand on their differences or lack there of or just complain about something I have no control over? :seesaw:

both think the homosexual stuff should be decided from the states. that link is false.

both are for gun access with common sense regulations.thta link is false.

abortion is at best debatable whether it's realistically got a chance of change, but imho more likely republicans who vote on it alone are being shackled along, charlie brown football kicked betrayed election after election. the popular opinion must change before this issues does. i think this issue has been beaten to death though, the details. obama as one person isn't going to outlaw all the state regulations on abortion evn if he wanted to.
but anyways my point is that abortion is pretty much a moot point in deciding the president.
of course, there'll be those who insist "don't give up hope" and respond to this one point, cause they have nothing else to argue as for the other points.

obama's not against voucher programs if they're done right in a way that works. obama might be for mor spending here. but at least it's curtailed by compeition for the money and standards. so far this is the only maybe sorta difference between them that's meaningful.

mccain wants to give money to people for healthcare. obama is similiar. plausibly more conservative than mccain on this issue, once details are given.

mccain wants to borrow and spend, obama would rather tax and spend. ron paul says the former is worse. either way, it's a spending boondoogle. i'm not sure obama can be said to want to increase spending more than mccain when it's all said and done considering this. but even if he was,,,, a few billion is the only significant difference between them and not in matters of principle.

iraq could have been a difference, but iraq wants and usa wants withdrawal,,, these are becoming moot points.

it's hard to determine if mccain wants the gov to intervene with alterantive energy but he acts like it at times. both would be for that then. obama is against a small fraction of drilling, unlike the "drill drill drill" zombies would have you beleive, and basically are the same here. they both are open to nuclear.

they agree on campaign finance reform, border issues.

in my opinion, obama would do all this better, but they're not a lot different in principle.

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

the housing crisis could have been avoided. the "free market no regulations" mentality is what allowed this. now they're acting, bush particularly, like they're only now coming to realize that regulations are sometimes needed. it's like "no speeding" laws. business shouldn't be treated different. common sense regulations. mccain's solution to a lot of this is "cut regulations". some say the definition of insanity is doing the same thign and expecting different results. at least say "common sense regulations".

the problem might then become though, each would be saying "common sense" this and that, and who knows what hat means when it's all saida nd done.

the problem is that mccain simply says cut relguations. he doesn't even talk about common sense reglations.

could jsut be politicking.
makes you wonder whether he really understands the issues though. all he falls back on are simplistic rhetoric of his party. "cut taxes" "cut pork" "cut regulations". the world is a lot more complicated than that though, sorry john mccain.

yes, your link was an oversimplifcation.

unless you meant me. i suppose i oversimplified a little in response, but you're more than welcome to give a clarification response.

things like nuclear energy. who really knows what they think, or what they'd do when in office? we can use the stereotypical images and project it on to them. or what regulations they'd cut or not cut.
but stereotypes don't describe them as people. neither gets into details. so who knows?
some over simplification is necessary. but to act as if they're obviously different is just as if not worse, when both say "common sense regualtions" for example.

littleflower+JMJ

DANG, now i can REALLY recruit for McCain! :hehe:

I don't even need to bring up major issues....most parents just need to hear he's against school vouchers and they'll drop him in a nanosecond! LOL

KnightofChrist

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1664960' date='Sep 27 2008, 12:02 PM']yes, your link was an oversimplifcation.

unless you meant me. i suppose i oversimplified a little in response, but you're more than welcome to give a clarification response.[/quote]

Oh I sorry I was talking of your posts.

well i mean you're more than welcome to say how i was oversimplifying.
that you clarified that i was oversimplifying is apprechiated though, thanks.

"One argument against vouchers is that, given the limited budget for schools, a voucher system weakens public schools while at the same time not necessarily providing enough money for people to attend private schools."

on the voucher issue, that's what it comes down to. kids will fall through the cracks if it's not done right. traveling concerns etc etc. it's not rocket science to see that. the free market is not the solution to everything.