An Old School Catholic Message Board

Quick Update

Sojourner

Hi, everyone ... I think it's been about a year since I last posted so I thought I would stop by and do a quick update. I've been on a couple of times in the wee hours the last couple of weeks and read exciting news about longtime phorum members (Congratulations, Ash Wednesday!). I won't be back on a regular basis, but there are many people here I miss being in contact with.

The big new thing going on with me is that I am getting married! I met my guy on a Catholic dating site, and we started dating late last year. We plan to marry in January. He's Catholic, the oldest of 10 kids, and we want to start work on our own big Catholic family. :) With wedding planning, school, and work, things have been insanely busy the last few months (I will call you soon, homeschoolmom). It doesn't look like it will be lightening up much in the near future, but we are hoping all the hard work will pay off with good things.

School is going well too; I'm taking a somewhat lighter load hours-wise, but it includes a lot of seminar class reading so it doesn't feel all that light. My favorite class right now is one on Humanae Vitae and JPII taught by Janet Smith. I feel super blessed to have her as a prof.

Those are the highlights. Glad to see things haven't changed too much. :)

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1661694' date='Sep 23 2008, 12:48 AM']Hi, everyone ... I think it's been about a year since I last posted so I thought I would stop by and do a quick update. I've been on a couple of times in the wee hours the last couple of weeks and read exciting news about longtime phorum members (Congratulations, Ash Wednesday!). I won't be back on a regular basis, but there are many people here I miss being in contact with.

The big new thing going on with me is that I am getting married! I met my guy on a Catholic dating site, and we started dating late last year. We plan to marry in January. He's Catholic, the oldest of 10 kids, and we want to start work on our own big Catholic family. :) With wedding planning, school, and work, things have been insanely busy the last few months (I will call you soon, homeschoolmom). It doesn't look like it will be lightening up much in the near future, but we are hoping all the hard work will pay off with good things.

School is going well too; I'm taking a somewhat lighter load hours-wise, but it includes a lot of seminar class reading so it doesn't feel all that light. My favorite class right now is one on Humanae Vitae and JPII taught by Janet Smith. I feel super blessed to have her as a prof.

Those are the highlights. Glad to see things haven't changed too much. :)[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
congratulations! :D may God bless you abundantly.