An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Debate - Criticism Welcome.

thessalonian

princessgianna

JMJ~

You did a very good job!! sounded a little nervous but overall awesome job!
I really liked how you clarified that when the Church is against [i]Sola Scriptura[/i], she is not against Scripture she is [i]against the idea of relying on Scripture solely alone[/i]! Especially since
Christ sent the Holy Spirit! I also liked how you stated how while the Bible is the Word of God it needs to properly understood!

One thing i think you should have pointed out Christ left Holy Spirit as so that the Gates of Hell should not prevail against! though you only had so much time so! Historically The Catholic Church was the only Christian Church until around 1200AD!!

Over all you pointed out some wonderful points and had valid backing! I am going to have to re-listen to it and glean some more from!

it was interesting how the one guy at one point were like "well i know that is says that in Scripture to do good works but i still believe that i don't need to do works because Jesus is my Savior" ok maybe it wasn't that blunt but it was close. :mellow:

God Bless you!
Pax~
princessgianna

Over all you deserve a bigclap :bigclap:

• 2 weeks later...
thessalonian

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1671335' date='Oct 6 2008, 01:33 AM']Listening to it now...

"unusual catholic" :hehehe:[/quote]

That much is true. :wacko:

I listened to it, I thought you did very well, and better than last time. I noticed that McCarthy tended to obfusticate things as much as possible. :think:

So is this going to be a regular thing now?

thessalonian

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1671490' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:32 PM']I listened to it, I thought you did very well, and better than last time. I noticed that McCarthy tended to obfusticate things as much as possible. :think:

So is this going to be a regular thing now?[/quote]

I don't know. I've requested another but they don't respond to my emails. I find this a bit strange since they responded quite regularly before. But I will make no bravado claims. I think I need to just lay low for a while. :smokey: